First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Stop searching for ear wax remedies and start searching for Jeeps! ;)
Haha I haven't. That does remind me of the time I shopped for underwear online and I got smart ads with a bunch of half naked dudes in underwear for a few weeks.
Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, but I think the point is why do I have to work so hard to give someone $60k? Someone will want it, but no offense to granger because I think they are great, I donā€™t want to go that far to get a car. Hell if Iā€™m spending that much money I shouldnā€™t have to beg a business to not be greedy af.
Such is the dealer model. Your only advantage right now is being able to move your reservation to any dealer.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not being too cynical here, but will the countdown timer start counting up if the deadline passes?

Beardicus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Such is the dealer model. Your only advantage right now is being able to move your reservation to any dealer.
Isn't it a little different though as the dealers don't have the vehicle on hand and with the limited supply not being guaranteed to go through that dealership. So they would want to keep as much of their limited supply of MY'21 as possible and the with the option to change dealers up until order gives you more leverage to negotiate ?

Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, thatā€™s just not my style. Thatā€™s where Ford messed up IMO. Putting everything on the customer instead of taking care of the customer.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So one of the dealerships I contacted said they would lose their dealership license with Ford if they offered the X plan pricing for the new Bronco. They said they canā€™t go against the corporate decision that was made and this would be the consequence if they tried to. Yikes.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm out if louisiana. I was hoping to be able to find more below invoice options closer than north Texas or Iowa! I would love to make the drive in the new bronco but have to pay for a plane ticket and possibly lodging for the round trip. Cuts out a lot of the savings.
A plan is more than $2000.

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So one of the dealerships I contacted said they would lose their dealership license with Ford if they offered the X plan pricing for the new Bronco. They said they canā€™t go against the corporate decision that was made and this would be the consequence if they tried to. Yikes.
I'm sure they can do any discount that they want (see Granger, SAC, etc) that will get you near that price. Just can't call it X plan.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like how Ford takes a GIANT, and completely unnecessary Sh!T on thier most harcore fans, and everyone here starts bashing dealers! No dealer had anything to do w/this. It's 100% bs on general principle! Limited availability? Its only limited because its a half year of production! Not our fault they botched the timing...not our fault Ford can't launch a new vehicle! Not our fault we knew what we wanted right away and reserved right away! This is part of why I got out of the dealership years ago...something about the auto industry rewards the aholes and punishes the good people...be they customers or dealers! I mean cmon Ford!

*end rant*

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure they can do any discount that they want (see Granger, SAC, etc) that will get you near that price. Just can't call it X plan.
Makes sense. Not sure how some of these other dealerships posting on the forum that theyā€™re gonna offer X plan pricing are able to though unless theyā€™re doing like Granger. Hmmm.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, thatā€™s just not my style. Thatā€™s where Ford messed up IMO. Putting everything on the customer instead of taking care of the customer.
You can pay MSRP for the Bronco if you want.

I don't think Ford should allow any plans on the first year. They should have just said "this is the price" and not allowed ADM or discounts, or anything else.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like how Ford takes a GIANT, and completely unnecessary Sh!T on thier most harcore fans, and everyone here starts bashing dealers! No dealer had anything to do w/this. It's 100% bs on general principle! Limited availability? Its only limited because its a half year of production! Not our fault they botched the timing...not our fault Ford can't launch a new vehicle! Not our fault we knew what we wanted right away and reserved right away! This is part of why I got out of the dealership years ago...something about the auto industry rewards the aholes and punishes the good people...be they customers or dealers! I mean cmon Ford!

*end rant*
If you don't think Ford's decision was based on feedback from big dealers, well...

I can almost assure you this involved dealers bitching about short term profits and allocations of Broncos. (i.e. "These deals that Granger and Stephen's are running are taking away our allocations Ford. You need to protect your biggest selling dealers.")

I don't disagree that Ford has handled most of the launch since the reveal by being as tone deaf as possible, but I would bet you money a LOT of this decision comes from dealer complaints.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can pay MSRP for the Bronco if you want.

I don't think Ford should allow any plans on the first year. They should have just said "this is the price" and not allowed ADM or discounts, or anything else.
The problem is they didnā€™t come out and say that from the get go. They took people along for a ride until an unintended leak happened yesterday.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The problem is they didnā€™t come out and say that from the get go. They took people along for a ride until an unintended leak happened yesterday.
Oh I agree. It has been terrible communication that has pissed people off. The B&P with accurate pricing and available discounts not being ready at launch has made this whole thing a disaster.
Sponsored