mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford... I'm not mad, just disappointed.

For me, the x plan was not so much the savings over MSRP, it was protection against unfair and unscrupulous hidden fees and greedy "documentation" and "dealer" fees. The trip into the finance manager's office is undoubtedly the worst part of the car buying process. I hate playing games. It's a huge waste of time. I have yet to buy from a dealer that does not do this to some degree.

I joined the DAV in part because they are an x plan partner. Will not being able to use the x plan prevent me from ordering a Bronco? No, but a dealer that decides to throw on an ADM or play stupid games will.

I find it hard to believe that Ford was not expecting this big of a demand for the Bronco. They teased it for what, 2 years? You can't stoke up demand and then fail to deliver. This reeks of gross mismanagement and poor foresight. I was really hoping Ford would of learned after the Explorer shitshow but it seems like they didn't learn a damn thing.

I was super stoked when I learned that they would be bringing the Bronco back. Hell, I remember being amazed with the Bronco concept in 2005 at the Midwest International Auto Show. My excitement has been seriously dampened by all of this fuckery. C'mon Ford, earn my business again.
This 100%
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford... I'm not mad, just disappointed.

I find it hard to believe that Ford was not expecting this big of a demand for the Bronco. They teased it for what, 2 years? You can't stoke up demand and then fail to deliver. This reeks of gross mismanagement and poor foresight. I was really hoping Ford would of learned after the Explorer shitshow but it seems like they didn't learn a damn thing.
the majority of these changes came with the new management vision of the new ford CEO to shake things up and remold in his vision

too bad he's so short sighted

Bronco-chris

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord LOL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ted Britt of Fairfax, VA confirmed no x plan today. Told me if I switch dealers I'll lose my place in line and won't get a Bronco til '22 although I have a July reservation. Fucking lying scumbags... told them to piss off.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ted Britt of Fairfax, VA confirmed no x plan today. Told me if I switch dealers I'll lose my place in line and won't get a Bronco til '22 although I have a July reservation. Fucking lying scumbags... told them to piss off.
As you should.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First let me say that I have not read all 66 pages yet, but this is by far the most comical thread I have read. Unfortunately, I have a July 14th reservation, so all of you saying that you are canceling probably does not move me up in line any. I understand the memories of Broncos past, but at the end of the day this a CAR. For everyone complaining they wasted $25 joking MCA, unless you own a Mustang; yes, yes you did! For all of you that just joined to get the x-plan you tried to screw the system and well the system screwed you. I have a feeling you will need a VIN to join MCA real soon. Ford states limited availability vehicles, not limited production, big difference. The Bronco is not limited production, but MY-21 is limited availability! When Ford announced the 165,000 or whatever the number was back in August I knew that no discounts would be offered, I knew from the beginning of the launch no discounts would be offered, you’d be crazy to think otherwise. Ford never promised everything, just a guy on Twitter that said it would be available, which it very well could have. Also for Pete’s sake stop with the white top, 2.7 manual, MIC is too gray, no green paint color, ??? stuff. To quote Henry Ford “if I would have asked the customer what type of transportation they wanted, they would have asked for a faster horse that didn’t sh*t”. If you don’t like it don’t buy it, Ford never promised you anything, they are in BUSINESS to make money, they don’t really care what you think. A couple of lost sales from this forum don’t mean anything to them. For those that keep threading to go buy a jeep, go buy it because you will probably buy the bronco hate it and trade in within a year anyway.
Thanks, dad.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco NOT Eligible For X-Plan (Official Document Confirmation) [Update: Confirmed by Ford] cnr

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Again... You can read my post above. This is not what I'm saying at all.

In the grand scheme of the price of the Bronco it is relatively small. 2-3k is nothing to sneeze at. I agree with you there. But X-plan shouldn't be making or breaking anyone. We knew it was possible that it couldn't be used. Anyone that disagrees with that had their head in the sand.
It may not make or break the deal, but is doesn't help. With the purchase price effectively higher, that means higher tax also. To make this up, you'd need to put more money down, cut back on options or finance for a longer term as a few ways to even things out.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's along the lines of what I thought the local Ford dealership in the area would do. For some reason the Ford dealerships in NoVa are very scummy and I loath having to deal with them. In December when it's time to place orders I intend to shop my build around to them all and if one of them gives me a decent deal then fine, otherwise I'm off to shop for alternatives.

MotoCeptorMan

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang, 2013 Ram, 2003 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't think Ford's decision was based on feedback from big dealers, well...

I can almost assure you this involved dealers bitching about short term profits and allocations of Broncos. (i.e. "These deals that Granger and Stephen's are running are taking away our allocations Ford. You need to protect your biggest selling dealers.")

I don't disagree that Ford has handled most of the launch since the reveal by being as tone deaf as possible, but I would bet you money a LOT of this decision comes from dealer complaints.
And what happens to the dealers' allocation if we decide not to order with them? Maybe we should be asking them for a deposit before ordering with them so they don't change the deal upon delivery.

Hefe

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Disappointing decision by Ford. Most of us be placing orders of $40-$50,000+ on vehicles we have only seen images of. There should be some consideration for the fact that the buyers are taking a leap of faith when they convert a reservation to an order without ever driving or even sitting in the product. Bring back the xplan!

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And what happens to the dealers' allocation if we decide not to order with them? Maybe we should be asking them for a deposit before ordering with them so they don't change the deal upon delivery.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco NOT Eligible For X-Plan (Official Document Confirmation) [Update: Confirmed by Ford] BCD6493F-CDCE-44F1-B0B0-73DF558A2381

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like you could benefit from a new “used car inspector”. Seriously, if there is a trust issue with “people hiding problems”, why would you even make an offer on the vehicle? Lololololololol.
That's why dealers often offer less than the value you see online. They build in a cushion to cover repairs.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No kidding??!! So all of these potential issues you mentioned must be the result of one simple fact: “people hiding problems”.
A lot of people hold onto vehicles for a long time. Would they be trading if it were is perfect running condition? Perhaps, it has some problem that was diagnosed at their garage and mechanic says it needs $3k in repairs, time to trade it. Some people like me just want something new every couple of years and when I trade mine usually have under 5,000 miles on them, so the dealer really makes out.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of people hold onto vehicles for a long time. Would they be trading if it were is perfect running condition? Perhaps, it has some problem that was diagnosed at their garage and mechanic says it needs $3k in repairs, time to trade it. Some people like me just want something new every couple of years and when I trade mine usually have under 5,000 miles on them, so the dealer really makes out.
I've never really understood your type of car owner. Nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't compute to me. I've always had a rule of 8 years or 80,000 miles as a minimum before I'll consider replacing a car. If you're trading in every couple of years and with under 5K miles (or even 10K) why on earth would you not lease?

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So does not offering x-plan free up dealer to mark up people's ordered Broncos to whatever the dealer wants?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've never really understood your type of car owner. Nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't compute to me. I've always had a rule of 8 years or 80,000 miles as a minimum before I'll consider replacing a car. If you're trading in every couple of years and with under 5K miles (or even 10K) why on earth would you not lease?
I looked at leasing a couple of times and the deal was better purchasing.
Sponsored