Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What dealer? Alabama?
When I get the email with the details I will post the contact info, dealer, and cell number of the rep I am working with. They asked me to wait so that I don't misspeak about anything but they are going to type up the deal they are going to offer, get the GM to approve and then they said I can share it and they will take anyone wanting to switch their reservation. They did say that you will have to prove that you can generate a pin and are x plan eligible.
Sponsored

Bronco216g

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 & 2013 C63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Does jeep have an equivalent x plan?
Jeep doesnt have an x-plan from what I know, I just know you can place a factory order and get it under invoice, you might have to shop around and see who has the lowest/no dealer fee or BS fee.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
It makes me really feel for anyone that would buy a car on a 84 month loan and what is worse is the cars of today are priced so high that there are people that would do that. When I got home from the service my first new car was $83.00 a month for 36 months. 1970 challenger R/T . Glad I'm old!
Golden years.

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It makes me really feel for anyone that would buy a car on a 84 month loan and what is worse is the cars of today are priced so high that there are people that would do that. When I got home from the service my first new car was $83.00 a month for 36 months. 1970 challenger R/T . Glad I'm old!
Cars have become like boats or RV's or other high dollar low return items. Some people finance them for long terms just to be able to afford the payment...knowing they are going to lose money on them and never own them...much like a lease. I know folks who finance $70,000+ boats for 20 years knowing they are never going to own them. They have a $300 to $400 dollar a month payment for as long as they want to enjoy them knowing that their down payment will do nothing more than cover their losses when they go to sell.

Sponsored

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cars have become like boats or RV's or other high dollar low return items. Some people finance them for long terms just to be able to afford the payment...knowing they are going to lose money on them and never own them...much like a lease. I know folks who finance $70,000+ boats for 20 years knowing they are never going to own them. They have a $300 to $400 dollar a month payment for as long as they want to enjoy them knowing that their down payment will do nothing more than cover their losses when they go to sell.
I never looked at it that way .back to being old I think.?

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would be surprised if anyone would offer a sub-4% APR for a 84 month loan term. Even if that's the case, you're still paying at least $3200 in interest on a $30K loan at the end of it. :whistle:
My credit union has 3.25% rate for 84 month car loan. Need great credit rating and automatic payments. Only way I would ever go more than 60 months is if it was 0%. In that case it's basically free money. I see folks discussing negotiation strategies now and that's the crap I was desperate to avoid. Very unpleasant process.

LuckyDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo Black Label MKX, Harley Davidson StreetBob
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I spoke to my salesman at Miracle Ford in Gallatin, TN yesterday, and he confirmed that they will not be accepting X-plan for the '21 Bronco, however, they are not planning to add any markup over MSRP, and will include a Lifetime PowerTrain warranty in the purchase. As long as I can walk out the door with a monthly payment under $400, with a manual transmission and factory backed lockers, I'll be a happy boy. I plan to have a down payment of at least $5k, perhaps more if they don't expect the full down payment at ordering time.
?Are you planning on financing for a Decade?
Your math doesn't add up! ?

Hey, But Good luck on that!!! ?

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco NOT Eligible For X-Plan (Official Document Confirmation) [Update: Confirmed by Ford] 1603362995974

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
?Are you planning on financing for a Decade?
Your math doesn't add up! ?

Hey, But Good luck on that!!! ?

1603362995974.png
Planning to take the lowest monthly payment I can get, and paying off quickly, but having an easy payment in case something happens where I can't pay $1k a month for the thing. As stated, a $5k down payment will only be the case if they want the full down payment at ordering time rather than delivery. If they'll take it at delivery, I have damn near a year to pad out the down payment, and will likely be able to put down $15k-$20k. I had a nice chunk saved, but most of it went to pay for mortuary services for my dad a few weeks ago.
I'm willing to take out a long term loan on the thing to keep from losing the chance to own it.
I can only imagine that the prices on them will only get higher after this first year.
Fun Fact, the 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser came out when I was 21 years old, and started out at $17k. At 21 years old, I had no credit, and only intermittent income as a full time student working as a a self employed mechanic. By the time I got a good enough job to afford a vehicle worth more than $5k or so, the FJ price was around $30k. Now any FJ with low enough mileage and/or new enough that I'd buy it, is still around $30k. So I'll never own one. With a brand new Base Model Bronco costing around $35k out the door after taxes, fees and obligatory butthole stretching, I may still be stuck driving my 30 year old Jeep, just on principle. But it's worth a shot, and if I can finance for 240 months just to get a low monthly payment, Hell, I may even do that. Nobody says I can't pay it off early.
I financed my Tacoma for 84 months, but paid it off in just over 3 years. And when I got laid off for 8 weeks in the wake of Corona, I didn't have any trouble making the $350 payments while I was unemployed, where a $600 payment would see my truck get repo'd even when it was almost paid off. I'm just trying to set myself up to cope with potential hardship, because my life has been fraught with it. I was 30 before I ever financed that truck, because it was easier to buy non-running shitboxes and keep them running. I didn't even finance a house until I was 27, because I didn't trust that my income would be stable enough to pay the mortgage. Even then the monthly payment was only $520 a month, so I could keep the house even if I had to deliver pizzas to afford it.
Financing stuff is a scary thing for me, and I have to do it my way, or not at all.
Being broke is a hell of a thing, and influences choices even after you're not broke.

Last edited:

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ted Britt of Fairfax, VA confirmed no x plan today. Told me if I switch dealers I'll lose my place in line and won't get a Bronco til '22 although I have a July reservation. Fucking lying scumbags... told them to piss off.
They are my local dealer too, I hope all these Northern VA dealers start panicking when people start switching their reservations. The problem is there are enough people with the means or lack of knowledge to put up with this dealer BS.

Sponsored

Andy6GRealG

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What dealer? Alabama?
Stephens and Granger are still better deals without x-plan than one honoring x-plan. Stephens will save me over 3 grand with 1000 below invoice, invoice DIO and option packages as well. Only 265 for doc fees and no adm. x-plan is $100 over invoice, so you lose $1100 in savings right there. Either place is a drive but Stephens is only 13 hour drive back to Orlando so not terrible, Grainger is 26 hours. Just sharing the best savings.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are my local dealer too, I hope all these Northern VA dealers start panicking when people start switching their reservations. The problem is there are enough people with the means or lack of knowledge to put up with this dealer BS.
You would think one would break....but the bigger ones around here are so arrogant, that it's not going to be one of them. They know they'll get decent allocations anyway. A smaller dealer should bolt to bring in more reservations now and build allocation....Stephens is only 5 hours away if they don't.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know, but I can drive to Alabama and back in one day, possibly. It might even out with the travel expenses.

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll be stopping by my current dealer to talk numbers on my way home from work tomorrow. If they can't work with me, then I'll switch to Stephens, which is only 6 hours or so from me.
Sponsored