NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think that's because the suspension likely has extended length control arms. In the past earlier that talked about the suspension details, it was said that Ford is partnering with folks who would be able to build that for them, so their plan is to sell aftermarket extended arms. But, the extra length would mean the tires stick out, so they had to make them skinnier to meet safety requirements. If you look at the tricked out orange one, the front looks way more aggressive than any other Bronco shown, even the ones with the Sasquatch package with 35s.
That’s a really good analysis and makes sense.
Sponsored

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I skipped a lot of pages so maybe this was covered, but doesn’t that gap on the fender well look significantly larger than the Sasquatch with 35s? If sas already added over an inch of lift, how can this only be a 2 inch lift?
I'm pretty sure the fenders are specific to that set up. So I'm thinking it's a mid travel suspension upgrade with 37s and opened up fenders. For the desert people.

baron95

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wondering for a friend (lol) Would the wheel wells look too "empty" if you got the Sasq package (35's) and added the 2" lift without upgrading to 37's? Then when you needed new tires buy 37's at that point. I guess it might all depend on if you can get the 2" independent from the 37's too.
Interested to know this as well. It would be nice to go ahead and get a factory/dealer installed lift in case you want 37s down the line, but I would not want it to look silly in the meantime.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
but you are correct I don't think it's enough axle, but we shall see now won't we. (insert winking emoji here).
@BAUS67 , are you saying that you do not think the M210 Dana front axle will not be enough for 37s?

Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m sure the M210 will be fine with 37s, the M190 on the other hand...
Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds like you know your stuff and....I dont. Sounds like there are a lot of factors to consider when increasing tire size, installing lifts, etc.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds like you know your stuff and....I dont. Sounds like there are a lot of factors to consider when increasing tire size, installing lifts, etc.
There’s always a risk of breaking components but 37s were certainly part of the testing for the M210. 37s have essentially become the gold standard for off-road tire size.
Now I probably wouldn’t be the first to venture over 12.5 wide tires.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Another rookie question...why? Added stress, rubbing of some sort?
Ehh, it may be fine with 13.5s, but I like to play it safe. In 5 years we may see people running 40x15.5, but I’m just cautious.

You add a lot of rolling mass and put more stress on drive components whenever you increase tire size.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ehh, it may be fine with 13.5s, but I like to play it safe. In 5 years we may see people running 40x15.5, but I’m just cautious.

You add a lot of rolling mass and put more stress on drive components whenever you increase tire size.
Most of your 12.5 are actually 13” anyways so your not losing much over a 13.5.

And for that matter most 37” tires are actually 36.5, hell some tires sold as 37”s are only 35.6 when measured.

BigLig

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, it’s now a need... are you able to at least answer if that started as a Badlands, without the rest of the Sasquatch package?

I know the thread states it’s a 2” lift, factory installed...so I’m going to assume it’s Ford developed and on my “watch for” list!
Sponsored