North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I assume that various light applications would be the use of the aux switches option (fog, spot, takedown). Worth losing sunglass storage if you don't have a need? What other use might there be?

2021-ford-bronco-aux-switches-jpg.jpg
No, aux switches are for accessories you add, not Ford features, such as, winch, light bar, ejector seat, etc.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, aux switches are for accessories you add, not Ford features, such as, winch, light bar, ejector seat, etc.
Precisely. If I don't have a need for adding lights, winch, etc. it would seem unnecessary. I was curious if there were other things out there to make it worthwhile, but given there are 12v and 110 outlets in the vehicle it would appear not.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Precisely. If I don't have a need for adding lights, winch, etc. it would seem unnecessary. I was curious if there were other things out there to make it worthwhile, but given there are 12v and 110 outlets in the vehicle it would appear not.
When is and ejector seat not useful, shock pad seats for the kids, automatic feeders for the dogs? It's nice to have them if you ever add something, but if it's just a daily driver car with no offroad maybe not.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Maybe color code restricted options to particular packages... I know I'm digging deep into the matter but I create spreadsheets for fun and sometimes to de-stress... call me weird...lol.
Not weird. I have the same problem. I call it OCD.

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is a great list! Just wanted to let you know you have dual zone climate control as unavailable for Badlands, Black Diamond but i believe its optional on them (since it is included in the Mid package).

Thanks for your sharing your work, cant wait to read it 50x tonight!
It is contradicting on the FE as well. Says it is an option and included.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like the 10 speed auto is standard on all 4 doors except the Badlands, so I read that as the BL is the only 4-door where you can get a 7 speed manual. :unsure:
I know the OP said he copied and pasted a lot of this from Ford, but if you click on "Compare Models" on their Bronco website it loads a PDF that shows the 7 speed as the standard transmission for all trims (regardless of 2/4 doors) except for Outer Banks, Wildtrak, and First Edition. That's the source data for me.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I can't believe that Dual Zone won't be standard on the FE, yet standard on the OB and WT

xenolon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I,m a bit weary on this, but the technology looks promising.

Active grill shutters close to make the air intake portions of the fascia more aerodynamic in situations (constant, low load highway speeds, etc) when airflow across the radiator is already sufficient. The shutters open up in situations when more cooling is required.

Ford already uses this on several vehicles and it’s very reliable on its own.

Why the Badlands trim wouldn’t have it is a mystery to be solved. Maybe there’s more cooling required on that trim. Maybe there’s a piece of equipment in the front of the engine bay which gets in the way of the shutters.

Sponsored

xenolon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can't believe that Dual Zone won't be standard on the FE, yet standard on the OB and WT
On the Outer Banks I get it; that’s the “I’m barely gonna take this off road, I just like this thing and I want comfort” trim.

The WildTrak? That makes less sense. I guess maybe because it’s being positioned as a Baja/forerunner trim where climate control will be crucial... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is an updated spreadsheet. I added sections for Safety and Security plus the First Edition column.
Daytime running lights is "Configurable" on the WildTrak per Ford's website.

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I learned in another thread that "High-Clearance Suspension" is limited wheel travel for the 35" Sasquatch tires, to keep them from rubbing on the wheel arches.
When I upgraded my FJ to 285/70R-17s, I had to have a body mount chop done as well to keep the wheels from rubbing. More of a Toyota problem than for other brands. But it's always an issue when you change to a non-standard wheel and tire size. You can end up messing up your front suspension components pretty bad. So I'm gla
Active grill shutters close to make the air intake portions of the fascia more aerodynamic in situations (constant, low load highway speeds, etc) when airflow across the radiator is already sufficient. The shutters open up in situations when more cooling is required.

Ford already uses this on several vehicles and it’s very reliable on its own.

Why the Badlands trim wouldn’t have it is a mystery to be solved. Maybe there’s more cooling required on that trim. Maybe there’s a piece of equipment in the front of the engine bay which gets in the way of the shutters.
That's the only thing I can figure, that Badlands has some other piece of tech or functionality that makes placement or integration of the active grille shutters difficult/costly/impossible. It's a shame, as running 33s or 35s definitely affects gas mileage a bit.
Sponsored