First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've talked to some Ford people about this. It should have the same tow rating as the other trims because it is mechanically identical. However, it doesn't have a factory tow hitch/package. Therefore, there is no tow capability. Put a hitch on it and I'm sure 3500 lbs will be no problem.

I just need the hitch for a rear rack and a small utility trailer.
I guess when the model is called Base it really is basic! :) Thanks for checking on the matter. It really clears things up!
Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I guess when the model is called Base it really is basic! :) Thanks for checking on the matter. It really clears things up!
I really look at it as a choose your own adventure model. I would like a rear locker and a factory tow package. However, I can add both myself.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Three questions... I apologize if these have been answered before. I tried to search the forums to be sufficient, but turned up nada.

1: What is the difference between Co-Pilot Technology and Ford Co-Pilot? They're different line-items in spec sheets. Confusing.

2: Why is the Technology standard, but the Co-Pilot optional?

3: Why is the Co-Pilot not available on First Edition, but all others?
My possibly half-assed attempt at answering:

1. My suspicion is they are the same items but, as is the case throughout the website IMO, terminology is inconsistent/incomplete/not well edited/hurried for rapid rollout. "Co-Pilot Technology" seems to be the umbrella term for a suite of tech-based safety options, judging by the info in this link: Ford Co-Pilot360™ Technology
2. I think the umbrella term is used as standard because it has basic elements that are offered as standard in the base models while other elements are higher-end options available in the mid/high/lux packages. Just a guess, however.
3. Good question for the Ford folks. But frustrating.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I made up this spreadsheet to make it easier to compare models and see what options are available for each. I hope you find it useful.
Thanks for sharing! I saved it off and highlighted everything on my must have and my wife's must have. Then I identified all of the options and what packages they were associate with.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made up this spreadsheet to make it easier to compare models and see what options are available for each. I hope you find it useful.

PDF download link: 2021 Bronco Options Chart by Trim & Model (by TUNGSTANG at Bronco6G).pdf

This is really awesome. Appreciate all your work on this.

Two suggestions:

1. A one-line key explaining what "x" or a color in a box means.

2. In the similar list I built, which is really just a lazy version of all you did, I made note of the package name when something is an option. So, maybe instead of saying "option" in a box, you could say "Mid" or "High" or "Lux" if applicable. Might not be so straightforward as I would like, but something to consider.

julmuz

Wildtrak
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Much appreciated. Waiting to see what are stand alone options. I’m thinking to option for high package and leather seats on Wildtrack.
Anyone heard of where the subwoofer is going to located? I’m assuming in rear so will that affect available space for door storage on 4door rigs.

Sponsored

xenolon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonder what "High-Clearance Suspension" (Option on all but the Wildtrack and FE) is especially on the Badlands? More than a BL suspension?
I learned in another thread that "High-Clearance Suspension" is limited wheel travel for the 35" Sasquatch tires, to keep them from rubbing on the wheel arches.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Toyota Avalon, 08 Honda Civic, 01 Nissan Pathfinder, 10 3T Saab, 94 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Looking at this, I'm seeing Badlands is effectively the only trim that doesn't have Active Grille Shutters?
First I've heard of that, can anyone shed some light?
I,m a bit weary on this, but the technology looks promising.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I,m a bit weary on this, but the technology looks promising.

I know what Active Grille Shuttering is, and as I understand it, it's primarily to improve fuel economy. Just not sure why it's listed on every trim but Badlands. All the way from Base to Wildtrack, but not the Badlands or FE.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I assume that various light applications would be the use of the aux switches option (fog, spot, takedown). Worth losing sunglass storage if you don't have a need? What other use might there be?

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Options and Equipment by Trim [Comparison Chart] 2021-ford-bronco-aux-switches-

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know what Active Grille Shuttering is, and as I understand it, it's primarily to improve fuel economy. Just not sure why it's listed on every trim but Badlands. All the way from Base to Wildtrack, but not the Badlands or FE.
Ram has been using this on their trucks for a long time (my 2014 express-base trim had these) and yes it’s primarily for fuel economy (at least in the Ram)

JK
Sponsored