KJR50

First Name
K
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Looks like the hope of the 4.7 axle ratio on the non-SAS Badlands automatics availability has been officially squashed. I was pretty sure it was a B&P glitch....but was still hopefull.
It was never a free feature. Standard on WT and FE, as these two models come with the SAS package standard. It’s available on all other models as upgrade (part) of the SAS package.

27AC3358-EA73-4A6A-BA1B-F192975E0D8D.jpeg

dwbronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
It does indeed.

This coulddddddddddd be a way to soften the blow to those of us that ordered standard trim with auto when auto was "free".
Who has ordered standard trim with auto, when it was "free"? For that matter, who has ordered anything, yet?

hozer

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Who has ordered standard trim with auto, when it was "free"? For that matter, who has ordered anything, yet?
I have a standard BD build sheet and dealer order slip secured with a deposit and signed by myself AND the dealer with a $0 Auto trans. I know it's not ordered officially but it's signed by both parties and I intend to have it honored. Charging me now for Mid and getting a free auto (if that's the case) is a really easy way to sell that and have that conversation go smoothly

Really just wild speculation on my part and Im talking out my ass. But, the dealers signature I do indeed intend to make them honor it

MacHudson

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
I agree I believe you are correct, it looks like they do force you into sasquatch as mandatory for Base and BB that I look more closely, which matches B&P. You are forced into sasquatch if you select advanced 4x4 and auto trans. And if you look at manual trans it says manual trans not available on advanced 4x4. Boo!!

So for Base and BB you can't get advanced 4x4 without getting sasquatch and auto trans.
That is a sensible limitation. How can you have the computer automatically throwing you into 4H on slippery roads if you’re using a manual transmission? That limitation is a feature, not a bug

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150, 16 Focus ST
That is a sensible limitation. How can you have the computer automatically throwing you into 4H on slippery roads if you’re using a manual transmission? That limitation is a feature, not a bug
But this limitations doesn't exist on BD or Badlands with manual trans?

UncleBuck

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
It was never a free feature. Standard on WT and FE, as these two models come with the SAS package standard. It’s available on all other models as upgrade (part) of the SAS package.

27AC3358-EA73-4A6A-BA1B-F192975E0D8D.jpeg
Yup. Looks like I'm running the 4.46 on BL if I don't SAS (I probably won't).

A_Locke

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Clubs

Rather interesting, it looks like the Ford Trail Maps and Off Road Navigation are something that come on the mid-package. This is the first I've seen them mentioned.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Clubs

I find it somewhat comical that the First Edition can have everything, except exact choice in paint color. 🤔

Advertisement

Advertisement