Sponsored
First Name
Nahh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
I'm not sure what you mean by this, you were never going to be able to buy one in 2020.....it was always slated to be on dealer lots early 2021, so the timeline to actually buy one has only been delayed a few month, due to COVID. The reveal had to be changed from in person, to virtual. So they couldn't just take the plans for March and apply them to June, took a bit to get planning rearranged and format set I imagine. Plus there was speculation the reveal had been moved UP to March due to excitement and leaks. Ford can't be blamed for COVID.
But the main point is, you were never going to be driving one until at LEAST Dec. 2020.....
Lol, your name says it all.

"
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever."
-Shigeru Miyamoto, Nintendo creator of Mario, Zelda, and many others...
Doesn't it feel just a bit like we're never going to get to drive one?
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Gotcha....but still, why would you be able to order before the reveal? Unless they forgot to announce a delay in ordering when they delayed the reveal? Like you said, something doesn't add up here...
I wonder if that means you can order a place holder until the reveal and order guide is available? That's pretty much what's going on with Mach E.

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Doesn't it feel just a bit like we're never going to get to drive one?
I feel your pain. It does seem like an eternity, and it's all just a bad joke. However, that's probably just because we live in the age of instant gratification. There are guys on this forum who have literally been waiting since the last Bronco rolled off the line in the 90's. Imagine how they feel lol. Trust me(no reason to, I have ZERO inside info), we will get to see it next month, we will get a configurator soon after (hopefully) and can have wet dreams about our builds until early next year.
Unless the whole world really does get burned to the ground, this time next year you will be able to go onto any Ford dealer and put your ass behind the wheel of one?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
next month, we will get a configurator soon after (hopefully) and can have wet dreams about our builds until early next year.
I'd be surprised if the configurator goes up that soon. Ford usually puts that up about the same time the order bank opens. Then build and price goes up, but at about 9 months away, they're not too likely to announce pricing. That's the one thing they always keep secret until the very last minute so competition has less time to get a jump.

Sponsored

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

April is exactly when I was thinking it would be after the delays. Considering I was thinking Jan/Feb before COVID, this is not a shock or disappointment to me. I view it as exciting news that Ford is back on track. And like several have mentioned, just a little more time to build up the down payment.

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm not sure what you mean by this, you were never going to be able to buy one in 2020.....it was always slated to be on dealer lots early 2021, so the timeline to actually buy one has only been delayed a few month, due to COVID. The reveal had to be changed from in person, to virtual. So they couldn't just take the plans for March and apply them to June, took a bit to get planning rearranged and format set I imagine. Plus there was speculation the reveal had been moved UP to March due to excitement and leaks. Ford can't be blamed for COVID.
But the main point is, you were never going to be driving one until at LEAST Dec. 2020.....
No, the Bronco has easily been delayed a year, if not more. I know I've been waiting since it was announced in 2017.

Road and Track said:
After ending production in 1996, the legendary Ford Bronco is making a comeback. Ford announced the Bronco's eventual return at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit back in 2017, and we've been waiting patiently ever since.
Was it Ford or just the press that had everyone thinking it would be a 2019 or 2020 model?

Do a search on 2018 Ford Bronco and you'll see a bunch of info and articles..

Almost everyone online is listing it as the 2020 Ford Bronco. But it's not coming out until 2021....

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're likely using the extra time to set up the assembly lines. That work was pretty much on hold during the shutdown.
That used to be my dad’s gig with Ford. He was the Plant Engineering Manager in Los Angeles, then San Jose and finished his career at the St Paul, MN plant. His era was back in the day when Deuce was running the show.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, the Bronco has easily been delayed a year, if not more. I know I've been waiting since it was announced in 2017.

Was it Ford or just the press that had everyone thinking it would be a 2019 or 2020 model?

Almost everyone online is listing it as the 2020 Ford Bronco. But it's not coming out until 2021....
My understanding is the Bronco has only been delayed 8 months total during the course of the project. 6 months of that was early on back in 2015 or 2016 when the design was completely overhauled to be less Jeep-like. And then 2 months from covid.

Sponsored

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

The program has stayed true to the original timing since the public announcement in 2017. The only delay since then has been due to COVID.
I'm not wrong about the delay. The only delay has been due to COVID. And maybe the redesign like @Nickp said. And it most certainly hasn't been delayed a year. I'm sure there's a member or two on this site that can back me up on that.

Last edited:

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
My understanding is the Bronco has only been delayed 8 months total during the course of the project. 6 months of that was early on back in 2015 or 2016 when the design was completely overhauled to be less Jeep-like. And then 2 months from covid.
I agree.

even when the UAW contract leaked and said “Production begins 2020” I always thought 2021 Model. Not to many vehicles start the same year.

so I originally thought Order August driver November (Like the sport) but December to April is nothing.
That’s not a big delay at all.

Aragonite

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Ranger 4x4, 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hold on a second....

So the Bronco & Bronco Sport will be revealed on July 9th, but you can order a Bronco Sport on July 1st? Do you just get to do an early placeholder reservation, or will options be revealed early so you can place your complete order?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hold on a second....

So the Bronco & Bronco Sport will be revealed on July 9th, but you can order a Bronco Sport on July 1st? Do you just get to do an early placeholder reservation, or will options be revealed early so you can place your complete order?
That's what I thought. One article I saw claims this is for dealer stock orders.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree.

even when the UAW contract leaked and said “Production begins 2020” I always thought 2021 Model. Not to many vehicles start the same year.

so I originally thought Order August driver November (Like the sport) but December to April is nothing.
That’s not a big delay at all.
Maybe Ford dealers could give free COVID vaccinations with the delivery of a new Bronco, timelines sound about the same.
Sponsored