Sponsored

2021 Bronco Parts & Accessories Guide (Including Pricing & Part Numbers)

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

flamingoezz

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XC60
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agreed. Now, when did they promise that the 200 accessories would be available to consumers?...

You must be late to the party, Ford said 200 plus accessories, not 48.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If that's how it'll be structured, I can see the inconsistency in that. I have been interpreting dealer-installed accessories to be more of something that's between you and the dealer. What they do behind the scenes with Ford is another matter. To a degree, some of the popular stuff will probably even be stocked at the larger dealers.

I would think that you've essentially got until the dealer preps your vehicle for delivery to sort out what you want them to install on it. Frankly, even though you'll order the vehicle relatively soon, the actual transaction won't be handled until later, when the vehicle is ready for you (or at least not it is being readied for production). If you can change your order up till the VIN is assigned and production scheduled, I imagine you'll at least have till then to sort out accessories. But I am quite certain that Ford will be adding accessories as they become available from their suppliers well into 2022 calendar year.
Agreed. Now, when did they promise that the 200 accessories would be available to consumers?...
See original DIO thread:
DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer
It looks like it can now can be confirmed that Ford will allow us to build our Bronco's in the B&P along with selecting any factory accessories we want and they will be included on the Invoice/MSRP/Window Sticker totals without any additional dealer installation charges.

Ford has said there will be 200 Accessories available for the Bronco. Until now there has been little information about these other than the few that have been shown on the demo models. Less information has been known how we will purchase these for our Broncos, there have been two versions discussed on the forum:
  1. We would purchase them directly from the dealer with the costs and installation labor listed on a supplemental pricing addendum.
  2. We would select them when we build our Bronco on the Build & Price (B&P) website.
It looks like we now have confirmation that approach number 2 is correct. This is a new program Ford is implementing for 2021, it is called DIO - "Dealer Installed Options" (Accessories).

These Factory Ordered Accessories are technically Options, IF you order them when you build your Bronco on the Build & Price (B&P) website. The reason why this is so important is all of your selected Accessories will then be included in your Invoice and MSRP totals and listed on your Window Sticker. There will be no additional Dealer Installation charges for these Accessories as Ford will credit the dealer a pre-determined "Labor Credit" listed in the bottom image.

For X-Plan customers, this is even more important as it would mean that your Factory X-Plan discount printout will show all of your DIO - "Dealer Installed Options" (Accessories) and how they are calculated into your X-Plan discount pricing. Again, there will be no additional Dealer Installation charges for these Accessories. Previous X-Plan rules gave the dealers some latitude to not give you a discount on accessories and installation.

If you are thinking about purchasing your accessories directly from your Dealer, understand it is better to make sure they are part of your factory order, otherwise you will have to pay the dealer for the installation.

To help avoid this being an issue, make sure you complete your Bronco build through the B&P website, pre-selecting your accessories before saving or seeing your salesperson. Then make sure your salesperson correctly sets up your order and you verify that all your accessories are on the factory order. This will avoid surprises when your Bronco comes in and the salesperson says, remember that accessory you ordered, well it has a higher cost and you have to pay for installation because it was not on the factory order.

The benefit of the program is for those that want to roll the accessories into their financing or do not want to install the accessory themselves. Some accessories like splash guards or a roof basket can easily be a DIY install, others, like a performance tune, have to be done by the dealer to keep your Bronco under warranty.*

Examples:
You order splash guards on the B&P, they will be on the window sticker and Ford pays the dealer to install them. If you decide to add them after your order is processed, you will pay the Dealer directly for them along with the dealers labor rate for installation, which could be $100 to $150 per hour instead of the pre-determined "Labor Credit" Ford will reimburse the dealer for.

When you consider the difference between the two, consider the price you will be paying. As an example, purchased as an accessory, splash guards for the Explorer are $160. Buy them at MSRP through parts department they are only $100. You can see the additional $60 is the amount Ford will pay the dealer to do the installation.*

A big unknown, the rumored factory 2" lift kit, if it is even true, it may or may not have factory paid labor for the installation. This could mean you will end up paying the dealers labor rate for installation, but the good news is it would be covered by the factory warranty.

Ford's current accessories website can give you an idea of some accessories and pricing, for example, look up either the Ranger or F-150.*
Ford Accessories website

DIO - "Dealer Installed Options" (Accessories) Examples:
  • Rooftop Crossbars, Cargo Basket and Roof Light Bar
  • Cowl Lights
  • Winch Bumper Mount & Winch
  • 4-door pull-out Tailgate

FAQ's (see photos for more details):

What is DIO?

• This a new 2021 Ford Dealer Program to provide more orderable content and provide increased Dealer support.
  • These are accessories that are ordered with the vehicle and installed at the Dealership before the customer takes delivery of the vehicle. These accessories / parts are listed on the Window Sticker.

How do the Dealers get the Accessories?
  • Dealers must sign up with one of the eight Ford Accessory Distributors (FAD).
  • The Accessories or Dealer Channel Parts, will ship from the Ford Accessory Distributors (FAD) to the Dealer as one package for a specific VIN.

How does DIO work?
  • DIO Options will be fulfilled with Dealer Channel Parts
  • Most DIO content is installed in 1 hour or less
  • Wheels are currently not part of the program
  • DIO Pricing is the equivalent of the Dealer Channel MSPR, plus installation

Will I have to pay Installation charges for my Accessories?
  • The dealer performs the installation of the Accessories
  • Ford will pay the Dealer for the Installation (if you ordered them on your factory order).

Documents / bulletins on the DIO program:

1601552711395.png

2021 Ford Bronco DIO Program 1.jpg

2021 DIO Process B6g.png

2021 Ford Bronco DIO List.jpg

Warranty Information
warranty-png.png

(*Updated with information provided by member responses)

Last edited:

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think they actually said that, specifically. I think that would be a nightmare to all be on B&P...
Source?...or it didn't happen.

Like 4 months ago this post came out on this very site stating it would not be ready for B&P but Ford was looking for ways to order to arrive with your vehicle.

Link

Maybe I missed something, but everything I've seen has said 200 accessories on launch, not on B&P. I can agree that if they included 3 variations of tube doors for example as 3 accessories, that would be a bit underwhelming in terms of item availability...but I think it is too early to say that Ford misguided anyone. The timeline they mentioned has not yet passed. They could very well have hundreds of items between their own offerings and third parties ready by spring.
See original DIO thread:
DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer
Good stuff @North7

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really wanted the 'Pod Lights' that attach to the side mirror struts....but whoa $650. That's 3x what I imagined they would be. I expect that Ford wants fat margins on these parts, but it's getting a bit gratuitous IMO.

Still a huge Bronco fan, and I'll love my Big Bend. Just going to have to leave her bare.
Just go to Rigid and try to find what Ford is selling. Should be easy to do.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, that's interesting info. However, they are still dealer installed, which means that they'd be handled when the vehicle gets it post-sale prep. So it'll still come down to what is available at the time you actually make the transaction, which is after it arrives at the dealer. Don't dealers normally try to push the accessories and upsells at that time anyway? The only value I see to having it included at the time of the order is that they seem to be included in the window sticker. I can see that be of value to some. Can't the dealer update and reissue the window sticker later?

This whole thing does seems like it needs a ton of clarification from Ford or dealerships. But I still say that new accessories and DIOs will be continuously rolled out for the foreseeable future. We'll still have to be prepared to have other cool stuff added late in the process...

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OK, that's interesting info. However, they are still dealer installed, which means that they'd be handled when the vehicle gets it post-sale prep. So it'll still come down to what is available at the time you actually make the transaction, which is after it arrives at the dealer. Don't dealers normally try to push the accessories and upsells at that time anyway? The only value I see to having it included at the time of the order is that they seem to be included in the window sticker. I can see that be of value to some. Can't the dealer update and reissue the window sticker later?

This whole thing does seems like it needs a ton of clarification from Ford or dealerships. But I still say that new accessories and DIOs will be continuously rolled out for the foreseeable future. We'll still have to be prepared to have other cool stuff added late in the process...
Please read full original thread:

What is DIO?
  • This a new 2021 Ford Dealer Program to provide more orderable content and provide increased Dealer support.
  • These are accessories that are ordered with the vehicle and installed at the Dealership before the customer takes delivery of the vehicle. These accessories / parts are listed on the Window Sticker.
How do the Dealers get the Accessories?
  • Dealers must sign up with one of the eight Ford Accessory Distributors (FAD).
  • The Accessories or Dealer Channel Parts, will ship from the Ford Accessory Distributors (FAD) to the Dealer as one package for a specific VIN.
Will I have to pay Installation charges for my Accessories?
  • The dealer performs the installation of the Accessories
  • Ford will pay the Dealer for the Installation
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-purchase-price-and-installed-by-dealer.5847/

Sponsored

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please read full original thread:

What is DIO?
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-purchase-price-and-installed-by-dealer.5847/
That full original thread is 21 pages long. I'll get right on it. What you posted right here matches up with what I said where you quoted me. I would be surprised that a dealer would refuse to sell you a DIO if it wasn't available or didn't have to be included in the original order. After all, they're dealer installed, so they can go on any time post-production. If they're installed before you take delivery, then there is no practical difference when you asked to include them, save for the window sticker issue, which I acknowledged.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That full original thread is 21 pages long. I'll get right on it. What you posted right here matches up with what I said where you quoted me. I would be surprised that a dealer would refuse to sell you a DIO if it wasn't available or didn't have to be included in the original order. After all, they're dealer installed, so they can go on any time post-production. If they're installed before you take delivery, then there is no practical difference when you asked to include them, save for the window sticker issue, which I acknowledged.
Close, DIO's on the order get rolled into your toal price and then get calculated into your discount price, under MSRP, under Invoice, etc. It is another way to help regulate how deeply your dealer wants to screw you (with apologies to the 10% of the dealers that are good people).

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right, that's why I said that you'll have till you work out the transaction with the dealer to determine what you might want added. The dealer should be able add whatever DIOs or other accessories you require to the price of the Bronco regardless of when you ask for them, as long as you haven't already closed the deal yet...
Sponsored