First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
EXCEPT... They mention the painted tops as "late availability" for the 2021 MY. So if I complete the order process in January and get a projected delivery date in late 2021, how do I change tops?
The orders are for the '21 MY. You will order by January and you will get what you order. If there are running changes and you are not Vin locked, you can likely change some items up. If it turns out that they cannot build it in time, will swap to a '22 MY and you get another crack at the order.

Because Ford is claiming they expect a 70% conversion rate on reservations (a number I have always believed is about double what reality will be), their estimates on having to extend converted reservation production are based on that assumption. My personal belief is that the conversions will be low enough that all the reservations thus converted will be completed as MY 2021 (By Thanksgiving). If that is true, we all get exactly what we ordered back in January. Might have a better idea in April, 2021 when they start giving out estimated delivery dates. Again, while I would love a crack at '22 options and the delayed '21 ones, I am going to order with the understanding that I am not going to get that chance due to them getting to my order (10/3) before the late availability/MY change. If it turns out I do get that chance, then I consider that a bonus.
That is my reading of Ford's statements anyway. (I know many believe Ford stated the 9/18 date was a cut of for MY 2021, but it actually says it is a cut off for data used in future allocations, perhaps to blunt Grangetober numbers in the unknown formula) In any event; that was based on their 70% conversion rate estimate. If you think it will be less, then that date would move later. There are not going to idle the plant if they are ahead of schedule, just cut overtime days and maybe not even that so that dealers can load the lots up.)
Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The orders are for the '21 MY. You will order by January and you will get what you order. If there are running changes and you are not Vin locked, you can likely change some items up. If it turns out that they cannot build it in time, will swap to a '22 MY and you get another crack at the order.

Because Ford is claiming they expect a 70% conversion rate on reservations (a number I have always believed is about double what reality will be), their estimates on having to extend converted reservation production are based on that assumption. My personal belief is that the conversions will be low enough that all the reservations thus converted will be completed as MY 2021 (By Thanksgiving). If that is true, we all get exactly what we ordered back in January. Might have a better idea in April, 2021 when they start giving out estimated delivery dates. Again, while I would love a crack at '22 options and the delayed '21 ones, I am going to order with the understanding that I am not going to get that chance due to them getting to my order (10/3) before the late availability/MY change. If it turns out I do get that chance, then I consider that a bonus.
That is my reading of Ford's statements anyway. (I know many believe Ford stated the 9/18 date was a cut of for MY 2021, but it actually says it is a cut off for data used in future allocations, perhaps to blunt Grangetober numbers in the unknown formula) In any event; that was based on their 70% conversion rate estimate. If you think it will be less, then that date would move later. There are not going to idle the plant if they are ahead of schedule, just cut overtime days and maybe not even that so that dealers can load the lots up.)
i love your optimism! I'm in the same boat as you, im an Oct reservation but i still have a gut feeling i'm going to get a late MY 2021 around this time next year. I'd be so happy with that

11sjoran

Black Diamond
First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If the Mid package is not available with the 7 speed manual on the BB but the mansquatch is available later does this mean that the mid package would be available with the mansquatch late?

Ford is confusing as hell here. Hate to be forced up to a BL from a BB but could be a good deal if you get the auto essentially free with the mid package on the BB

Wolf1961

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While visiting my local Ford dealership, the manager provided me some swag. He stated 2 Bronco Sports will be there in 3-4 weeks, a A51 and Carbonized Grey.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Preliminary Build & Price Dealer Quick Reference Guide [PDF] 16051175015857602572474747251069

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And on the Badlands those seats are BLACK. The Ford Interior geniuses never took or understood physics, so I'll put it in simple language for them...

BLACK SEATS AND INTERIORS IN HOT STATES = MISERABLE RIDE ????
I bailed out of TX 7 years back

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's a video that may answer a few questions.

OP
OP

PTown_Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just tried it myself and they responded that this current B&P is preliminary and the full B&P will be released when ordering is open. I gave them my suggestions anyway... can't hurt, squeaky wheel and all that.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In reading through this thread and playing around with the different builds it seems to me that Ford is limiting options to make ordering easier, but really trying to keep GVWR in check...
I call BS... I can add the winch to a BadLands 4 DR 2.7 Squatch build but NOT the brush guard?

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I call BS... I can add the winch to a BadLands 4 DR 2.7 Squatch build but NOT the brush guard?
They have some room for different configurations to keep GVWR in check, but allowing you to add sound deadening in the headliner or brush guard on 2.7 SAS Badlands wouldn't make the First Edition as special. I'm not saying it all makes sense, but you can sort of guess what they were thinking on some of this stuff.
Sponsored