Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
going to tag @Incognito on this, but
per this pdf it looks like it the manual BB requires “standard 4x4”. I thought you could get the Adv. 4x4 option on BB without having to squatch it.
For the black Diamond, this pdf doesn’t specify, only has an asterisk * with no footnote.
The pdf does specify Adv. 4x4 is standard on manual BL.
If so, a manual BB, with rear locker and adv. 4x4 is out.
Did I completely miss the boat on this? Maybe it’s obvious to everyone, idk
Yeah, no automatic 4wd for BB which was a deal breaker for us. No locker and the gearing isn't as deep either.

My wife is too spoiled with AWD, I don't think she would do well without some sort of automatic 4wd.
Sponsored

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
going to tag @Incognito on this, but
per this pdf it looks like it the manual BB requires “standard 4x4”. I thought you could get the Adv. 4x4 option on BB without having to squatch it.
For the black Diamond, this pdf doesn’t specify, only has an asterisk * with no footnote.
The pdf does specify Adv. 4x4 is standard on manual BL.
If so, a manual BB, with rear locker and adv. 4x4 is out.
Did I completely miss the boat on this? Maybe it’s obvious to everyone, idk
Misery loves company.
So I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by the wording.
?

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, no automatic 4wd for BB which was a deal breaker for us. No locker and the gearing isn't as deep either.

My wife is too spoiled with AWD, I don't think she would do well without some sort of automatic 4wd.
You can select a 7M and Locker on the BB.
just pick the unpriced locker option.
It won't show in the itemized list in Summary, but it will show up as $495 added to the final options total.

Good thing Mike had his rock stars coding B&P.

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've done builds for 4dr BB, BD, and OBX. All had 2.7, hard top, roof rails, and sound deadening. I didn't have an issue with B&P for any of them. Am I missing something here?
It shows up with Squach or squach suspension (Badlands)... Some say GVWR.. but some also think it’s a component issue with suspension and taking the weight. Why you can’t have Paint protection is a mystery... Ford, to my knowledge, hasn’t said anything other than some accessories are not compatible with certain packages. It’s a question I have as well... as I want a roof rack for skiing gear/kayaks.
This is forcing me to either make a gamble with Badlands (as I want the High package and MGV)... or give up some accessories and go Black Diamond.... or... just go with the 2.3 engine. (I am stuck in the auto camp). Again.. it’s a 4 door issue. 2 doors are OK as there is less weight. Honestly, if Black Diamond had High package, it would be the perfect Bronco for me as I don’t really need all the extras of Badlands. I can add 33” tires later as they are perfect IMO.

RLIRL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Octane ZSR
Your Bronco Model
Base

Misery loves company.
So I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by the wording.
?
ok. I’m gonna go soak my head for a few hours, rethink my life

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can select a 7M and Locker on the BB.
just pick the unpriced locker option.
It won't show in the itemized list in Summary, but it will show up as $495 added to the final options total.

Good thing Mike had his rock stars coding B&P.
Yeah, no 7spd for us either. The auto engaging 4wd with the 10spd are pretty much required for her

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I stoke a big fire with the defroster and get that windshield warm so the wipers won't freeze up. Nothing sticks to a hot windshield especially at speed. Once the windshield is up to temp I just switch to the defrost/floor vent combo and it is smooth sailing.
Not in my experience, not if the snow is heavy, falling fast. Sure, the wipers won't freeze up BUT eventually snow (or slush, from melted snow) accumulates around the edges and packs on the bottom so the wipers don't go down all the way. And when you eventually stop, it will freeze up in a mess you have to chip off later. Better to not have it stick in the first place, and you don't need the wipers at all (with cool defrost air). It's a different of *nothing* on the windshield versus steady accumulation, even while constantly running both wipers and hot defrost air. We may have very different definitions of "heavy" snow.

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've done builds for 4dr BB, BD, and OBX. All had 2.7, hard top, roof rails, and sound deadening. I didn't have an issue with B&P for any of them. Am I missing something here?
I think if you Sasquach, it will require removal of roof rails & sound deadening.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not in my experience, not if the snow is heavy, falling fast. Sure, the wipers won't freeze up BUT eventually snow (or slush, from melted snow) accumulates around the edges and packs on the bottom so the wipers don't go down all the way. And when you eventually stop, it will freeze up in a mess you have to chip off later. Better to not have it stick in the first place, and you don't need the wipers at all (with cool defrost air). It's a different of *nothing* on the windshield versus steady accumulation, even while constantly running both wipers and hot defrost air. We may have very different definitions of "heavy" snow.
Possible.

We get pretty good snows here, once I get the thing warmed up I have never had a problem with ice buildup.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

However, if reservations fail to convert at a high enough rate, my initial build may end up being built as a MY21. I'm prepared to accept the initial build, but I really want a MY22 build.
With all the limitations and constraints Ford is putting on the Bronco ordering I think the forum poll is going to drop to 30% from the currently expected 40% conversion percent.

Anyone who has not voted or wants to change their vote now that more is known, visit the thread at this link:

Conversion Percentage from Bronco Reservations to Bronco Sold Orders

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It shows up with Squach or squach suspension (Badlands)... Some say GVWR.. but some also think it’s a component issue with suspension and taking the weight. Why you can’t have Paint protection is a mystery... Ford, to my knowledge, hasn’t said anything other than some accessories are not compatible with certain packages. It’s a question I have as well... as I want a roof rack for skiing gear/kayaks.
This is forcing me to either make a gamble with Badlands (as I want the High package and MGV)... or give up some accessories and go Black Diamond.... or... just go with the 2.3 engine. (I am stuck in the auto camp). Again.. it’s a 4 door issue. 2 doors are OK as there is less weight. Honestly, if Black Diamond had High package, it would be the perfect Bronco for me as I don’t really need all the extras of Badlands. I can add 33” tires later as they are perfect IMO.
It's still a Sas issue. I see. Is the suspension on the Sas different?

Someone mentioned in another thread that the GVWR issue has more to do with classing th4 bronco than it does a safety issue.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model