Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep that is pretty standard for all auto makers...
There are safety precautions with the
Manny tranny and a remote start....

It’s been out that way for awhile now
Either I'm missing your point, or you're missing my point.

The mid package IS available with the manual transmission in the Badlands. But not in trims below Badlands, with no communication from Ford about why even though they stated Mid would be available on those trims, transmission not specified.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.7L upgrade comes standard with 10 speed auto on BL!!! Yeaaahhhh!

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If this is true, all early reservation holders are getting screwed (nothing against op, just a rant)! Why would ford not give you the option to wait for the availability of Mansquatch, or painted hardtop and not lose your spot in line. As I understand it now, if you want a painted hard top, you have to cancel your current reservation and submit a new one when it becomes available? Is this confirmed?
Ford is literally punishing those that are most excited about the bronco! Again not meant in any way against anyone who has posted this info... just coming to the realization that the bronco is not living up to what was promised. So disappointed.
When it comes time to order, you will speak with your dealer. What is available or late availability will be indicated in the WBDO. We may never see B/P reflect the late availability items. When the dealer places your order in the WBDO for a black painted mod. top, your order will sit in the unscheduled order bank until material becomes available. When it does, your order will be moved to the Scheduled Order Bank. You don't cancel a reservation and submit a new one when it is available. For all we know, the reservation bank and the ability to place new reservations will go away on 1.31.21. You will still have priority based on your reservation time stamp, but the time stamp is only one factor in the equation.

Now for those wanting ManSquatch, that option may be available in the WBDO which would place one's order in limbo in the UOB. When the MY22 options are available, that existing order would have to be resubmitted. The time stamp priority still exists.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You've seen how well they spell. Might want to lower your expectations my friend lol.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The mid package IS available with the manual transmission in the Badlands. But not in trims below Badlands, with no communication from Ford about why even though they stated Mid would be available on those trims, transmission not specified.
Weird I guess my BP isn’t showing this for BL
Maybe we are missing both our points...
Not sure Dude...

1C856EDD-5E88-4008-86FF-075EDED1BA3A.png

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Granny gear has been the proper term for decades.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/granny-gears-explained
Ford markets it as the Crawler Gear. No vehicle manufacturer uses “granny gear”. It is slang. There is no way in hell Ford would call it a “granny gear” on an official document, when that’s not the name they have it, or market it as. Someone or some dealer network made this thing up.

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just read through the whole thread. No one had noted yet one item that had been debated quite a bit in the forums: 4.70 gearing not listed as an option with the Badlands (unless you Squatch it). On the B&P, it's currently a $0 standalone option.

Chris

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't be for dealer use only cuz it clearly has a bronco6g watermark on it, duh :rolleyes:

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is just nit-

This is just nit picking now. Yes they said those trims, but they never said both transmissions. Is it a bummer? Yup. But it's not like it's something they took away from us.

Sponsored

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really don’t understand that either.
I'm guessing because it automatically has the hard top and brush guard, so then it's over weight once you get to the 4-door? Other trims don't automatically come with those.

Chris

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford markets it as the Crawler Gear. No vehicle manufacturer uses “granny gear”. It is slang. There is no way in hell Ford would call it a “granny gear” on an official document, when that’s not the name they have it, or market it as. Someone or some dealer network made this thing up.
Terms change, on old trucks it has been called granny gear for decades, when I did a restomod on my 1938 Chevy truck, it was called a granny gear. If marketing wants to call it something else, that's fine.

Here is Motor Trend's article explaining the 2021 Bronco Granny gear.
2021 Ford Bronco features a crazy low 6.58:1 "Crawler" gear, as Ford refers to it, but we really know that it's a granny gear in the old-school parlance.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/granny-gear-transmission-2021-ford-bronco/#:~:text=What Is a "Granny Gear,kindly old granny shuffling along.

And from the Jeep forums on the history of granny gear.
https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/granny-gear.220669/

Last edited: