Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry, meant to include my build is Badlands
You can do pretty much everything on a 2 door... it’s the 4 door with the limitations of roof rails, sound deadening, PPF, etc... and it’s not just BadLands...
Sponsored

highgirl1975

First Name
Abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F350, 1975 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No towing package on a 4 door FE...only 2DR. WTF?!!!!! (I’m hoping I read that wrong but I don’t think I did)
Nope i read it the same way. Been wondering why. The graphics must add a lot of weight!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The manual has a granny gear :ROFLMAO:
We discussed this a few pages back, here is the history.
Terms change, on old trucks it has been called granny gear for decades, when I did a restomod on my 1938 Chevy truck, it was called a granny gear. If marketing wants to call it something else, that's fine.

Here is Motor Trend's article explaining the 2021 Bronco Granny gear.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/granny-gear-transmission-2021-ford-bronco/#:~:text=What Is a "Granny Gear,kindly old granny shuffling along.

And from the Jeep forums on the history of granny gear.
https://www.wranglerforum.com/threads/granny-gear.220669/

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We discussed this a few pages back, here is the history.
Yeah, it was always called granny when I was growing up.

Just funny they went thru the work to put a C on the knob for "Crawler" and then they still call it granny.

sshadrac

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I made a reservation on July 14th. I am wondering if there is a way I can work myself into the beginning of the line for MY22 to get the white top and mansquatch. Anyone thinking that, or do we just have to refund our reservation and get in a normal car buying line?

Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nit picking? Ill just say one last thing and then you can have the last word and we can agree to disagree. But this is where i grew up and spend a ton of free time now as im only a few hrs away. I dont judge you for wanting ac in the south or to keep cool anyway you can. And lastly, i can be wearing shorts and a T and be sweating while my wife is in a hoody and clothed top to bottom and shivering. I only want heated seats and dual zone and for that id pay BD+mid, instead i will be going Base. Anyways to get an understanding of the environment I'm from...

https://www.pasty.com/snow/
+1 to this. Both wanting heated seats just because it's *cold* in some places AND because two people often have a very different perception of cold. Great to have a way to let your passenger warm up when you don't feel cold at all.

It's also nice to have heated seats when you're driving when it's snowing heavily and you *don't* want to run heat in the car, because when you do the snow just sticks to the windshield, possibly melting then freezing at the edges. Better to have cool air defrost and let the snow blow right off the cold windshield, and warm yourself via the seats.

I also wanted BD + Mid, but I will not buy an automatic, period. Heated seats and dual-zone climate control are just some of the Mid features, there are other nice-to-have features as well. There is no technical reason why availability of the Mid Package should depend on transmission choice (it's available on BL with manual), it's a policy decision from Ford. I don't understand it, I don't think it's a good decision, but it's their decision to make. My choice, then, will be to save $1500, maybe more if I drop down in trim level.

P.S. I'm originally a Yooper living down south. I've driven past that sign many times. Here's another classic sign (not sure it's still there):
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2TopMQvV...ZrKsX-g0k/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/EndOfEarth.bmp

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
+1 to this. Both wanting heated seats just because it's *cold* in some places AND because two people often have a very different perception of cold. Great to have a way to let your passenger warm up when you don't feel cold at all.

It's also nice to have heated seats when you're driving when it's snowing heavily and you *don't* want to run heat in the car, because when you do the snow just sticks to the windshield, possibly melting then freezing at the edges. Better to have cool air defrost and let the snow blow right off the cold windshield, and warm yourself via the seats.

I also wanted BD + Mid, but I will not buy an automatic, period. Heated seats and dual-zone climate control are just some of the Mid features, there are other nice-to-have features as well. There is no technical reason why availability of the Mid Package should depend on transmission choice (it's available on BL with manual), it's a policy decision from Ford. I don't understand it, I don't think it's a good decision, but it's their decision to make. My choice, then, will be to save $1500, maybe more if I drop down in trim level.

P.S. I'm originally a Yooper living down south. I've driven past that sign many times. Here's another classic sign (not sure it's still there):
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2TopMQvV...ZrKsX-g0k/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/EndOfEarth.bmp
We used to have a sign of that hanging in our cottage on Twin Lakes just south of there.

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All converted reservations must submit a build by 1.31.21 using options available at the time. If the reservation doesn't convert, your $100 is refunded. All orders will initially be submitted to the Unscheduled Order Bank. Ford will then prioritize and schedule orders based on reservation timestamp, material availability and dealer allocation. Those late reservation holders will have their order sit in the UOB. Any orders that remain in the UOB when Ford determines the MY22 changeover will need to replace that order. They can opt to resubmit their existing order (assuming all options are still available from MY21 for My22). Or they can submit a new one based on the MY22 options. Your reservation timestamp still remains constant in Ford's determination of which orders to schedule.
I think this is key, IF THE OPTIONS YOU WANT ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE 1.31.21 BUILD and you do not order, then your reversion is toast and the odds at getting a 2022 Bronco at MSRP are zero to nil. There will not be another round of reservations for the following release year and even the reservations past October for a MY22 MUST be ordered by 1.31.21 with ONLY the items in the January Build lists.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think this is key, IF THE OPTIONS YOU WANT ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR THE 1.31.21 BUILD and you do not order, then your reversion is toast and the odds at getting a 2022 Bronco at MSRP are zero to nil. There will not be another round of reservations for the following release year and even the reservations past October for a MY22 MUST be ordered by 1.31.21 with ONLY the items in the January Build lists.
Exactly. Case in point, I purposely made a late reservation with Granger (last week of October). My expectation is that my Bronco build will be a MY22. I want the white top. It would be nice if a few other changes are made, but nothing is a deal breaker. The white top won't be available option by 1.31.21. When I submit my build, it will be with the gray MIC top. I'm confident that my initial build order will languish in the Unscheduled Order Bank. And when Ford begins MY22 turnover, I will have to resubmit my order and the white top should be available. However, if reservations fail to convert at a high enough rate, my initial build may end up being built as a MY21. I'm prepared to accept the initial build, but I really want a MY22 build.

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can do pretty much everything on a 2 door... it’s the 4 door with the limitations of roof rails, sound deadening, PPF, etc... and it’s not just BadLands...
I've done builds for 4dr BB, BD, and OBX. All had 2.7, hard top, roof rails, and sound deadening. I didn't have an issue with B&P for any of them. Am I missing something here?

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I stoke a big fire with the defroster and get that windshield warm so the wipers won't freeze up. Nothing sticks to a hot windshield especially at speed. Once the windshield is up to temp I just switch to the defrost/floor vent combo and it is smooth sailing.

I want dual zone because my wife is always cold unless it she is about 80 degrees.

Heated seats with the MGV will be very nice. There isn't much worse of a wakeup call in the morning than crawling in a vehicle when it is really cold and there is a very cold vinyl/leather seat there to very personally greet you.

RLIRL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Octane ZSR
Your Bronco Model
Base
going to tag @Incognito on this, but
per this pdf it looks like it the manual BB requires “standard 4x4”. I thought you could get the Adv. 4x4 option on BB without having to squatch it.
For the black Diamond, this pdf doesn’t specify, only has an asterisk * with no footnote.
The pdf does specify Adv. 4x4 is standard on manual BL.
If so, a manual BB, with rear locker and adv. 4x4 is out.
Did I completely miss the boat on this? Maybe it’s obvious to everyone, idk

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've done builds for 4dr BB, BD, and OBX. All had 2.7, hard top, roof rails, and sound deadening. I didn't have an issue with B&P for any of them. Am I missing something here?
Sasquatch and 4dr becomes the issue with adding some accessories .
Sponsored