Sponsored

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The article below and this post from BroncoMan below confirms that the March 18th press preview is officially canceled/postponed due to the coronavirus.

Question now is whether Ford is going through with the reveal, maybe in a purely online event?

We were just notified that Ford canceled the Bronco event due to coronavirus concerns. What a bummer. If I get more updates I'll let you guys know.

Here's what the email said:

“While we looked forward to hosting you for our Bronco Brand Immersion and all-new Bronco embargoed technical briefing next week, the safety of our employees, partners and media friends remains paramount. With that in mind, we’ve made the decision to cancel our event due to ongoing coronavirus concerns. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We appreciate your understanding. In the meantime, stay tuned for updates regarding the return of Bronco.”
New Ford Bronco reveal likely postponed due to coronavirus

The automaker is also instructing all employees to work from home, save for business-critical roles.
March 13, 2020 7:51 AM PDT

It looks like we'll need to wait a little longer to see the 2021 Ford Bronco. The automaker has confirmed to Roadshow that upcoming preview events surrounding the SUV have been canceled owing to COVID-19.

Ford had planned to host media for a preview event surrounding the Bronco next week, but issued a statement via email on Friday saying, "we've made the decision to cancel our event due to ongoing coronavirus concerns."

Leaked images of the Jeep Wrangler competitor dribbled out this week, fueling further excitement for the hard-core SUV.

Ford is telling Roadshow to stay tuned for new information about the Bronco's debut in the meantime. Whether the reveal moves to a digital platform or the automaker reschedules things altogether remains to be seen.

This is a breaking story and will be updated.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/ford-bronco-reveal-postponed-coronavirus/
Sponsored

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, Cnet also reported this. Bummer.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford is telling Roadshow to stay tuned for new information about the Bronco's debut in the meantime. Whether the reveal moves to a digital platform or the automaker reschedules things altogether remains to be seen.
Well that is some hopeful news anyway.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

at least some more leaks would be good - an online reveal show would be great - business must go on for everyone's survival

Sponsored

Sponsored

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Saw this coming, good thing I mortgaged my house and bought tons of toilet paper (y)

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see a reason they couldn't just reveal it online.
Exactly what I'm thinking. Sure, you don't gather a couple hundred "press" personalities from all over to one location, but that doesn't stop some multimedia presentation from being released.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Exactly what I'm thinking. Sure, you don't gather a couple hundred "press" personalities from all over to one location, but that doesn't stop some multimedia presentation from being released.
And the reality is, 99.9% of people would be seeing the reveal digitally anyway.
Sponsored