Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there an admin fee charged for using x-plan pricing? I thought there was a fee.
It is built into the X plan price on the final invoice...

The reason you see it on here is for computational purposes...

impulse

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am not sure if Ford will give dealers 3% holdback. After covid Ford actually went to 2%. I can go back and check on that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am not sure if Ford will give dealers 3% holdback. After covid Ford actually went to 2%. I can go back and check on that.
The 3% dealer holdback includes 2% of MSRP plus 1% of MSRP based on performance goals.

Here is one example that was posted:
The additional 1% you refer to is not always the truth. It has to be qualified for by the Dealership. If they are failing either Sales Training OR Customer Satisfaction they will not receive the monies which are 0.9% split into 0.5% and 0.4%. So a dealer may get nothing, 05%, 04% or 09% paid out on sales for the following month. So qualify at .05% for July and get paid the money on vehicles sold in August. Your July sales were paid out based on your June %age.
So yes, the answer is, the dealer does get 3% Holdback, if they are not a stealership, meaning they DO NOT KNOW what Sales Training OR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION is. Do you want to be doing business with a dealer like that? I don't.

So if the poor dealer cannot qualify for the full 3% Holdback, they get every lost dollar of profit they deserve, and they have no one to blame other than themselves.

BronCody

Outer Banks
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, lifted, all terrains
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I'm trying to price a 4-door Outer Banks with X-plan pricing using this spreadsheet. The total stated is $41,710 but this reflects the discount off of invoice pricing. From my understanding invoice pricing is better than X-plan pricing, can anyone confirm? Maybe I'm not understanding correctly but I thought X-plan pricing was a discount off of MSRP that wasn't quite as deep as invoice.

Is $41,710 the confirmed X-plan price for a 4 door Outer Banks?

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So I'm trying to price a 4-door Outer Banks with X-plan pricing using this spreadsheet. The total stated is $41,710 but this reflects the discount off of invoice pricing. From my understanding invoice pricing is better than X-plan pricing, can anyone confirm? Maybe I'm not understanding correctly but I thought X-plan pricing was a discount off of MSRP that wasn't quite as deep as invoice.

Is $41,710 the confirmed X-plan price for a 4 door Outer Banks?
X-Plan is a percent factor calculated from INVOICE, not MSRP. The standard plan example Ford gives is (Invoice * -.4%), as shown in the spreadsheet.

Every model has it's own unique X-Plan factor, some will be X% under Invoice and some will be X% above Invoice.

So yes, the 4-door Outer Banks X-Plan price is $41,710, based on the standard Ford example. Once Ford releases the actual Bronco X-Plan factor we will see if this needs to be adjusted.

BronCody

Outer Banks
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, lifted, all terrains
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
X-Plan is a percent factor calculated from INVOICE, not MSRP. The standard plan example Ford gives is (Invoice * -.4%), as shown in the spreadsheet.

Every model has it's own unique X-Plan factor, some will be X% under Invoice and some will be X% above Invoice.

So yes, the 4-door Outer Banks X-Plan price is $41,710, based on the standard Ford example. Once Ford releases the actual Bronco X-Plan factor we will see if this needs to be adjusted.
Got it, thanks for clarifying! I tried searching before posting but couldn't find anything to answer this.

impulse

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 3% dealer holdback includes 2% of MSRP plus 1% of MSRP based on performance goals.

Here is one example that was posted:

So yes, the answer is, the dealer does get 3% Holdback, if they are not a stealership, meaning they DO NOT KNOW what Sales Training OR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION is. Do you want to be doing business with a dealer like that? I don't.

So if the poor dealer cannot qualify for the full 3% Holdback, they get every lost dollar of profit they deserve, and they have no one to blame other than themselves.
Ford performance program is indeed 0.9% not 1%. There is a difference there. On a $50,000 truck that's $50. I just wanted to make sure, because Ford used to put 3% on the invoice before at the beginning of the year.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford performance program is indeed 0.9% not 1%. There is a difference there. On a $50,000 truck that's $50. I just wanted to make sure, because Ford used to put 3% on the invoice before at the beginning of the year.
Agreed and understand, but $50 on $50,000 .001% difference.

Regardless if the dealers profit is +/- $50, it's really a rounding error in view of the estimates.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Why are you so concerned about the dealer getting an extra $50 profit, do you work at a dealership?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spent 30 minutes on the phone with USAA trying to get more information on a PIN and no one had any idea what I was talking about let alone what the X-Plan is. Called Ford and they said to ask USAA Human Resources but USAA said they didn’t have an HR department... done wasting my time and since I have a membership with the DAV instead.

Probably can’t rely on being a USAA member.
Ford Bronco Bronco pricing & savings spreadsheet (X-Plan vs Invoice and Below Invoice) 1598991358514

KEY CONTACT Richard Dinsmore 732-23676195

impulse

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why are you so concerned about the dealer getting an extra $50 profit, do you work at a dealership?
I'm not concerned about that. It used to be 3%. Now it is 2%, if you hit certain metrics +0.9%. I do work at a dealership, we used to give all that up to make a deal. Now it is less per unit. Ford keeps changing things. Perhaps Mach E pricing is what we will get in the future.

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs