Sponsored

Deleted member 23105

As of October 2020, Ford has stated the Bronco will not be eligible for X-Plan pricing on the MY21 Bronco, more details here:
2021 Bronco NOT Eligible For X-Plan (Official Document Confirmation) [Update: Confirmed by Ford]

This is a spreadsheet I made to compare X-Plan pricing at a local dealer (if available) to pricing at a dealer offering $1,000 below Invoice (such as that offered by Granger Ford, Stephens Ford, Texas Buyers Group, etc.) or $2,000 below MSRP (such as that offered by Laura Ford). For the $2,000 below MSRP example, the values in red show where they are more expensive then the $1,000 below Invoice example, only the Base and Big Bend models are less expensive.

Make sure you consider the total cost of the offers, the dealers that are some distance from you will require additional shipping or travel costs to get your Bronco. Of course if you plan to travel to that distant dealer and drive your new Bronco home you will not have all of these costs but long drives at a constant speed is not good for a new engine. There are many examples of the proper engine break-in procedure on the internet, here is one example:
https://www.theenginebuilders.com/break-in-procedure

The 3% dealer holdback includes 2% of MSRP plus 1% of MSRP based on performance goals. Further, dealers will be looking for upsells, financing or bonuses from Ford for additional profits.

TRIM LEVELS: There are multiple Trim Levels available for each Bronco sub-model, pricing can be adjusted in the spreadsheet for your selected trim level from the below Jan 19, 2021 Ford price list.

OTHER COSTS: This spreadsheet covers X-Plan, MSRP, Invoice and Dealer Fees. In the Granger Ford and Laura Ford examples the Dealer Fees include a $45 Temporary Transit Tag fee for out of state transport. There will be additional costs to your purchase including Bronco trim level, packages and options costs along with your home state mandated tax, title, registration and license fees.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a dealer, salesperson or have any affiliation with them or Ford. I'm an engineer who put this spreadsheet together for my own use, I hope you find it useful.

Information about what the Ford discount X-Plan is:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...below-invoice-and-more.2319/page-2#post-76441

Other threads discussing Bronco pricing and discounts include:
2021 Bronco Dealers: No-ADM, X-Plans & Special Discounts Master List
Best Reservation Deal? $1000 Under Invoice

Change Log:
9/29/2020 - Update to v10 to show Granger Ford Oct 2020 $2,000 below invoice special.
11/1/2020 - Update to v11 to reduce MSRP of Wildtrak and First Edition by $1,895 due to late availability of the Black Painted Modular Hardtop. For Invoice Price estimate on the Wildtrak and First Edition I reduced the price by $1,781 ($1,895 * .094), a reduction of 6%, the same invoice estimate being used for options, packages and accessories.

1/22/2021 - Update to v12 with Ford's Jan 19, 2021 prices, only Wildtrak and First Edition changed.

1611324735904.png

The above spreadsheet should be used in conjunction with the below Jan 19, 2021 Ford Price List for ordering, see this thread for the full price list and spreadsheet:
Official 2021 Bronco INVOICE Price / MSRP Price List [Jan 19]

2021-ford-bronco-invoice-price-list-msrp-jpg.jpg
Thanks for the post, but your information regarding invoice is inaccurate. I was a Ford Dealer for three decades. There is approximately 20% profit in a $40,000 Bronco; 5%, 2%, Flooring, Invoice to MSRP.
Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the post, but your information regarding invoice is inaccurate. I was a Ford Dealer for three decades. There is approximately 20% profit in a $40,000 Bronco; 5%, 2%, Flooring, Invoice to MSRP.
The numbers you were referring to are no longer the same calculations. I have a 2021 ordered and have been given X Plan pricing based on invoice and have the numbers from the selling dealer in hand (even though X Plan is officially not honored by Ford, some dealers were unofficially offering it in the final pricing). On a $53,000 Bronco, there is only about $2,000 difference between Invoice and MSRP.........shocking as that may be, as it got to me when I first saw those numbers. But it is what it is and my assumption is that there is additional profit imbedded in the pricing that us consumers will never see.

Deleted member 23105

The numbers you were referring to are no longer the same calculations. I have a 2021 ordered and have been given X Plan pricing based on invoice and have the numbers from the selling dealer in hand (even though X Plan is officially not honored by Ford, some dealers were unofficially offering it in the final pricing). On a $53,000 Bronco, there is only about $2,000 difference between Invoice and MSRP.........shocking as that may be, as it got to me when I first saw those numbers. But it is what it is and my assumption is that there is additional profit imbedded in the pricing that us consumers will never see.
There is also a 5%, 2%, holdback that the dealer gets at the end of the year. The flooring costs for vehicles are also returned to dealers who sell their vehicles within 30 days. These are numbers that no one but a dealer and Ford Dealer Administrative personnel know. Not even my employees knew what our real cost was.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There is also a 5%, 2%, holdback that the dealer gets at the end of the year. The flooring costs for vehicles are also returned to dealers who sell their vehicles within 30 days. These are numbers that no one but a dealer and Ford Dealer Administrative personnel know. Not even my employees knew what our real cost was.
Robert, thank you for the insight, can you please give me some further details so I can update my spreadsheet. I have holdback in columns 8 & 9, calculated as follows:

2% Dlr HB = Minimum Holdback to Dealer​
3% Dlr HB = Maximum Holdback to Dealer, if Performance Goals are met.​
Should the 3% really be 5% for the Performance based maximum Holdback?

Ford Bronco Bronco pricing & savings spreadsheet (X-Plan vs Invoice and Below Invoice) 1625764309679

Deleted member 23105

Robert, thank you for the insight, can you please give me some further details so I can update my spreadsheet. I have holdback in columns 8 & 9, calculated as follows:

2% Dlr HB = Minimum Holdback to Dealer​
3% Dlr HB = Maximum Holdback to Dealer, if Performance Goals are met.​
Should the 3% really be 5% for the Performance based maximum Holdback?

Ford Bronco Bronco pricing & savings spreadsheet (X-Plan vs Invoice and Below Invoice) 1625764309679
When I was a Dealer, there was a 2 percent reserve that was paid as soon as the dealer completes the sale. The 5 Percent is paid at the end of the year. The flooring is the cost of financing the vehicle by Ford, on the dealers lot, until he sells it. On orders, all these are refunded to the dealer.

Also, there is more than $2,000 profit from invoice to MSRP. It depends on the price of the vehicle. The more expensive, the higher the Gross margin. If you use 18-20 percent total for every vehicle, from MSRP, you get an accurate idea of the true profit margin.

None of this matters because when you make a deal, the manager can only see invoice and MSRP. Only the the Dealer Principle can see the holdback amounts, and no one gets paid on these amounts except the dealer.

On the Bronco, MSRP is a good price, without any dealer pack. And, don't trade in your vehicle... Sell it for more savings

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@North7 after reading these most recent posts, I feel better about going with one of the “Big 3” for my Bronco purchase.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@North7 after reading these most recent posts, I feel better about going with one of the “Big 3” for my Bronco purchase.
Who do you mean by the “Big 3” and why did you decide that? (this info will help other readers)

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Who do you mean by the “Big 3” and why did you decide that? (this info will help other readers)
@Granger Ford , @StephensAutoCenter and @DealerInsider (Chapman Ford of Horsham) are what I was referring to with the Big 3.

We all know the business of car dealerships is to make money (duh, right). My attitude wasn’t to buy a Bronco for what the dealership paid for it (impossible), but to get the best deal I could from a transparent dealership, who wanted to help people while still making money. I believe we’re seeing these 3 follow through on this with the limited deliveries we’ve seen so far this summer.

I know invoice isn’t the price the dealer actually paid Ford and we’ve heard all about holdback. But to be as open as possible and straight forward with consumers, is why these 3 should be the model for other dealerships. They took the guesswork out of the process and delivered a fair deal for both sides in the negotiation.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks @North7 for your info in this thread. Perhaps you or someone else can answer a question regarding X-Plan pricing. Back in March I got an e-mail from my dealer stating that they would honor X-plan pricing. I took that to mean they would offer an equivalent discount even if Ford did not make Broncos eligible for X-Plan. Previously in this thread, and I think I’ve seen it in other threads, that seems to be confirmed. It seems that all you need to do is give your dealer a PIN to prove that you are eligible for X-Plan. So based on some advice from a poster on this site, I joined the Mustang Club of America. Sure enough, as a member of MCA you can use their web site to access the Ford partner web site. From there you can use the MCA code to apply for a PIN. However, to get a PIN assigned, you are required to state what model you are interested in and of course, Bronco is not listed In the drop down list. So that’s my question, how does one get a PIN when Bronco is not among the eligible vehicles listed on the web site needed to apply for a PIN? To put it another way, assuming my dealer does off the X-Plan price, what will he require of me? Obviously, the answer is “ask your dealer” and I will probably do that next week. I’m just trying to gain a bit of knowledge before I engage him on this. Thanks, in advance, to anybody that can shed some light on this process as it applies to a Bronco purchase.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

To put it another way, assuming my dealer does off the X-Plan price, what will he require of me? Obviously, the answer is “ask your dealer” and I will probably do that next week. I’m just trying to gain a bit of knowledge before I engage him on this. Thanks, in advance, to anybody that can shed some light on this process as it applies to a Bronco purchase.
I assume for the dealers who say they will honor X-Plan pricing, if you are eligible, they would simply want to see an X-Plan PIN number for any Ford model. The fact that you can obtain the PIN though the Ford Partner website shows that you are eligible.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh man, this thread popped up and reminded me of simpler times...

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks @North7 for your info in this thread. Perhaps you or someone else can answer a question regarding X-Plan pricing. Back in March I got an e-mail from my dealer stating that they would honor X-plan pricing. I took that to mean they would offer an equivalent discount even if Ford did not make Broncos eligible for X-Plan. Previously in this thread, and I think I’ve seen it in other threads, that seems to be confirmed. It seems that all you need to do is give your dealer a PIN to prove that you are eligible for X-Plan. So based on some advice from a poster on this site, I joined the Mustang Club of America. Sure enough, as a member of MCA you can use their web site to access the Ford partner web site. From there you can use the MCA code to apply for a PIN. However, to get a PIN assigned, you are required to state what model you are interested in and of course, Bronco is not listed In the drop down list. So that’s my question, how does one get a PIN when Bronco is not among the eligible vehicles listed on the web site needed to apply for a PIN? To put it another way, assuming my dealer does off the X-Plan price, what will he require of me? Obviously, the answer is “ask your dealer” and I will probably do that next week. I’m just trying to gain a bit of knowledge before I engage him on this. Thanks, in advance, to anybody that can shed some light on this process as it applies to a Bronco purchase.
I hope you didn't join MCA just to get a Pin because they are no good for the Bronco.

Dealers that said they would honor Xplan IF Ford offered it, are not doing it because...well...Ford is NOT offering it.

Dealers that offered a MATCHED xplan pricing when Ford pulled it, did require a PIN, but those deals are long gone.

There is no point in getting a PIN anymore, until Ford brings back XPlan.

If you want a Bronco near or under invoice, your choices are limited to Granger or Horsham (?)...if you want one at MSRP there are a few dealers doing it for reservation holders.

Otherwise, you are looking at over MSRP.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hope you didn't join MCA just to get a Pin because they are no good for the Bronco.

Dealers that said they would honor Xplan IF Ford offered it, are not doing it because...well...Ford is NOT offering it.

Dealers that offered a MATCHED xplan pricing when Ford pulled it, did require a PIN, but those deals are long gone.

There is no point in getting a PIN anymore, until Ford brings back XPlan.

If you want a Bronco near or under invoice, your choices are limited to Granger or Horsham (?)...if you want one at MSRP there are a few dealers doing it for reservation holders.

Otherwise, you are looking at over MSRP.
Ha, I did join MCA just to have access to X-Plan. It was $50, so not that big of a deal. I did get a really cool Mustang magazine, which my wife liked. She’s a Mustang person and not me. But I have seen a couple posts recently that indicated some got X-Plan discount even though Ford wasn’t offering it. In fact, this was discussed earlier in this thread. I have a May 8 e-mail saying they will honor X-Plan and even then Ford was saying no go on that. I think I will still ask my dealer about it, at least make him say no. Otherwise I am sort of getting MSRP but really a bit over MSRP as you said. I say “sort of“ because in that May 8 e-mail they also mention tacking on $1000 worth of non-negotiable extra crap that I otherwise wouldn’t get. They call it a “Protection Package” which consists of window tint, door edge guards, nitrogen (woo hoo!), wheel locks, paint protection, and handle protectors. In other words, about $2.58 worth of stuff! Well actually, the wheel locks is a good thing. But It reminds me of the old joke about getting “dual door handles and high compression hub caps” as a dealer add on. Some years ago, I had a dealer actually show tires as an add on. I’m fortunate in that I want the Bronco but don’t need it and I don’t mind too much waiting until Broncos hit full production and they are not so much at a premium. If my dealer balks on the MSRP thing, I’ll walk in a second. Basically I was only wanting X-Plan to offset the added crap. As soon as the new order bank opens, I’ll have a meeting with the dealer and sort this out.
Sponsored