Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm flying there ($165) and driving back same day. Little bit of gas (maybe $100-$150?) and I'm all up for saving that $1000 under invoice. The drive will be *fun*!
The other benefit, distance and time notwithstanding, at least for MA is that the lower vehicle sales price has a decent impact on sales tax. Not sure about other states of course. Also, the travel time? I would consider that as vacation and depending on the roads you choose to get home could actually help your break in procedure.
Sponsored

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The other benefit, distance and time notwithstanding, at least for MA is that the lower vehicle sales price has a decent impact on sales tax. Not sure about other states of course. Also, the travel time? I would consider that as vacation and depending on the roads you choose to get home could actually help your break in procedure.
I was just thinking about that break-in period. I am sure there will be lots of highway driving. Probably not great as far as breaking in. :(

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably not great as far as breaking in. :(
No it probably isn't BUT mix in some scenic byway and maybe some lightweight dirt and you should be fine. Only 500 miles or so probably.

Reactions: bek

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

here is what Ford recommends for Breaking in the vehicles (my F-150 Platinum) my Edge and Focus say the same thing.

BREAKING-IN
You need to break in new tires for approximately 300 mi (480 km). During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics.

Avoid driving too fast during the first 1,000 mi (1,600 km). Vary your speed frequently and change up through the gears early. Do not labor the engine. Do not tow during the first 1,000 mi (1,600 km).

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Avoid driving too fast during the first 1,000 mi (1,600 km). Vary your speed frequently and change up through the gears early. Do not labor the engine. Do not tow during the first 1,000 mi (1,600 km).
I guess I'll just poke around when I'm on the Interstate. It should be such a pleasant drive home I probably won't mind.

Sponsored

B_gard32

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer and F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry, what is the x plan?
X-plan is price set by Ford motor. typical $100 over dealer invoice.. Xplan is available in 2 ways.. customer receives the plan from a friend that works for Ford, or if you work for a tier 1 suppler

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a problem

but those are A - Ford Employee D - Dealership qualified personnel Z - retirees and immediate family of each..
Sponsored