Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will keep the forum members updated on a Granger thread
Good deal! Thanks for what I am considering, looking out for possible future customers.
Sponsored

rcamwilkes

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Yaris
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

* updated at 7/30/2020

Zach has decided to anyone with X-plan pricing will get an extra $300 off for a total of $1,300 off of any Bronco Reservation.

*UPDATE 07/26/2020

Question has been PM's to me now more than once so on here is goes...

Is the $1,000 off the total invoice of the Bronco or just the base vehicle...

When the Bronco is built in our system we will get a printout of the vehicle ordered to make sure of options, color etc. It will give the MSRP and Invoice on the Bronco. Our $1,000 will come off of that invoice bottom line so you are getting the options at invoice as well.

· Can we sell the Bronco at $1000 Under Invoice?

I have personally visited with a Ford employee about our pricing and confirmed we can sell at $1000 under dealer invoice. If you look at our website pricing on all our vehicles we have transparent upfront pricing without the need to negotiate.

That is our business model and the Bronco is no different. This is a mass produced vehicle and we will not take advantage of the initial demand and mark vehicles at MSRP or higher like other dealerships may do.

· Are there any hidden fees/Additions?

The state of Iowa has a state regulated documentation fee of $180. We will not throw on mandatory add ons or fees for other items that you do not want or need.

We will offer financing, extended service contracts, accessories, and protection products that are all completely optional and up to the discretion of the consumer.

· Can you get every reservation?

Yes, Ford’s reservation system is based upon you the end consumer not the dealership allocation model as on previous launches.

There has been very high demand for the Bronco, so we do not have an accurate timetable on when these reservations will be allotted, but we will be able to receive as many Broncos as we have customers demand.

· Can I switch my reservation from one dealership to another?

Yes. Ford has sent communication to the dealers assuring them that every customer will be able to choose the dealership they want to take delivery from.

This is great news for you

I’d hate to see consumers who reserved a first edition or other low reservation number be subject to MSRP or Above MSRP pricing from a dealership, so this gives you the option to switch to us without losing the reservation you currently made.

Ford hasn’t clarified how that will happen to us yet, but has assured it will be an option.
Can we update the spreadsheet for the most recent change from Granger Ford?

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

rcamwilkes

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Yaris
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a spreadsheet I made to compare X-Plan pricing at a local dealer to pricing at a dealer offering $1,000 below Invoice (such as that offered by Granger Ford) or $2,000 below MSRP (such as that offered by Laura Ford). For the $2,000 below MSRP example, the values in red show where they are more expensive then the $1,000 below Invoice example, only the Base and Big Bend models are less expensive.

Make sure you consider the total cost of the offers, the dealers that are some distance from you will require additional shipping or travel costs to get your Bronco. If the distance dealer arranges to have Ford deliver your Bronco to your nearest local dealer you will have to pay that local dealer additional fees for receiving, inspecting and delivering it to you, called PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection), this could be $500 - $1,000. Of course if you plan to travel to that distant dealer and drive your new Bronco home you will not have all of these costs but long drives at a constant speed is not good for a new engine. There are many examples of the proper engine break-in procedure on the internet, here is one example:
https://www.theenginebuilders.com/break-in-procedure

Looking at Dealer Holdback, with the original 2% dealer holdback column there was not enough dealer profit to cover a $1,000 below invoice offer. When increased to a 3% dealer holdback based on new information from @Ghostrider454 & @JeffBrunini you can see the $1,000 below invoice offer becomes profitable to the dealer. The 3% dealer holdback includes 2% of MSRP plus 1% of MSRP based on performance goals. Further, dealers will be looking for upsells, financing or bonuses from Ford for additional profits.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a dealer, salesperson or have any affiliation with them or Ford. I'm an engineer who put this spreadsheet together for my own use, I hope you find it useful.

Information about what the Ford discount X-Plan is:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...below-invoice-and-more.2319/page-2#post-76441

Other threads discussing Bronco pricing and discounts include:
2021 Bronco Dealers: No-ADM, X-Plans & Special Discounts Master List
Best Reservation Deal? $1000 Under Invoice

Change Log:
7/20/2020 ver5 - corrected X-Plan Admin Fee & Dealer Fee per @bdub2you
At the request of @BroncoFrog95 I've added the file attachment for you fellow Excel geeks who want to modify the spreadsheet for your own use.
7/21/2020 ver6 - added "Increase" column to show price changes between models.
7/24/2020 ver7 - updated Laura Ford fee per @tmobileguy, updated dealer holdback to 3% per @Ghostrider454 & @JeffBrunini
7/31/2020 ver8 - Update to add $1,300 off for Granger Ford X-Plan Customers

View attachment 18868

Based off the Ford Bronco Price List dated 7/13/2020 at this thread:
2021 BRONCO PRICE LIST – MSRP & Dealer Invoice Pricing
View attachment 13377
Here's my question about the Laura Ford and Granger Ford pricing plans. What are the additional fees and charges that these dealers add to the sales price of the vehicle....some charges are legally mandated and others may be at the discretion of the dealer (such as the $495 or higher doc fee).

In California, this is what you pay on top of the vehicle price (I used a $50,000 sales price as my example for sales tax purposes which are based on where you live not where you buy the vehicle and vary by City/County of residence). These numbers came from the Calif DMV website that lets you calculate approx costs for the purchase of a car.

Current Registration:59.00
Current California Highway Patrol:27.00
Current Vehicle License Fee:326.00
Current Fingerprint ID Fee:1.00
Current Smog High Polluter Repair Fee:6.00
Original Smog Abatement:6.00
Alt Fuel/Tech Smog Fee:8.00
Current Auto Theft and/or DUI Crime Deterrence Program:1.00
Current Air Quality Management District:18.00
Current San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District:1.00
Alt Fuel/Tech Reg Fee:3.00
Current Transportation Improvement Fee:161.00
Use/Sales Tax:3,987.00
Reflectorized License Plate Fee:1.00
Total Registration Fees:$618.00
Total Use/Sales Tax:$3,987.00
Grand Total Registration Fees:$4,605.00
Add to the above charges: $85.00 DOC FEE (MANDATED MAX BY THE STATE)
$8.75 TIRE FEE ($1.75/PER TIRE FEE FOR NEW TIRES)
$26.00 ELECTRONIC DMV REGISTRATION FEE
REVISED GRAND TOTAL: $4724.75

Thus for me, the out the door price on a $50,000 Bronco will be $54,724.75 or almost 10% added to the price for all the fees and taxes.

Again, what are the additional charges by Granger and Laura Ford on top of their sales price as their discounts seem unbeatable, but the final out the door price may reveal another story.

Last edited:

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's my question about the Laura Ford and Granger Ford pricing plans. What are the additional fees and charges that these dealers add to the sales price of the vehicle....some charges are legally mandated and others may be at the discretion of the deal (such as the $495 or higher doc fee).

In California, this is what you pay on top of the vehicle price (I used a $50,000 sales price as my example for sales tax purposes which are based on where you live not where you buy the vehicle and vary by City/County of residence)

Thus for me, the out the door price on a $50,000 Bronco will be $54,724.75.

Again, what are the additional charges by Granger and Laura Ford on top of their sales price as their discounts seem unbeatable, but the final out the door price may reveal another story.

Cannot speak for Laura Ford but we have a Doc of 180 unless you have x plan (then $100) and a drive tag of $45 no additional or hidden cost..

Plus we start below invoice so you would reap that savings as well..

State an local taxes will be included on any vehicle, buy locally or Iowa so that is a constant factor that only your state(s) control.

Thank goodness we do not have all of those additional costs involved in California...feel sorry for you that have to pay it.

Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cannot speak for Laura Ford but we have a Doc of 180 unless you have x plan (then $100) and a drive tag of $45 no additional or hidden cost..

Plus we start below invoice so you would reap that savings as well..

State an local taxes will be included on any vehicle, buy locally or Iowa so that is a constant factor that only your state(s) control.

Thank goodness we do not have all of those additional costs involved in California...feel sorry for you that have to pay it.
Can you sell a vehicle to a Calif resident with California being the state of registration (whether I pay you or have to pay the Calif DMV), I am liable for my sales tax rate of 7.975%, but financing choices can come into play on my state of residence. This also assumes the Bronco is 50 State Emissions compliant as opposed to being Federally compliant (when that happens, a California compliant sticker is attached for California sold vehicles)

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you sell a vehicle to a Calif resident with California being the state of registration (whether I pay you or have to pay the Calif DMV), I am liable for my sales tax rate of 7.975%, but financing choices can come into play on my state of residence. This also assumes the Bronco is 50 State Emissions compliant as opposed to being Federally compliant (when that happens, a California compliant sticker is attached for California sold vehicles)
We can sell to all 48 contiguous, Alaska and Hawaii..

All of the vehicles we sell are 50 state compliant...

I believe from what others have said that California wants to inspect and make sure we did not remove pollution devices...

We will not remove any even if asked to do so...

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here's my question about the Laura Ford and Granger Ford pricing plans. What are the additional fees and charges that these dealers add to the sales price of the vehicle....some charges are legally mandated and others may be at the discretion of the dealer (such as the $495 or higher doc fee).

In California, this is what you pay on top of the vehicle price (I used a $50,000 sales price as my example for sales tax purposes which are based on where you live not where you buy the vehicle and vary by City/County of residence). These numbers came from the Calif DMV website that lets you calculate approx costs for the purchase of a car.

Thus for me, the out the door price on a $50,000 Bronco will be $54,724.75 or almost 10% added to the price for all the fees and taxes.

Every dealer is required by state laws to charge tax, title, registration and license fees, this is regardless of the dealer. Some dealers will charge additional fees, that you absolutely need to know what they are in advance, Granger Ford and Laura Ford have stated there standard fees which are in the spreadsheet. Beyond this, every person needs to use the information in the spreadsheet as a starting point, take your selected model cost and then add to that the appropriate tax, title, registration and license fees for your state.

Will some dealers jerk you around and try to change a bunch of extra or exorbitant fees, absolutely, if you let them. You have a choice to be an informed consumer, do your homework, know what to expect, what half-truths or lies they throw at you and how to negotiate, you must do all of this to protect yourself. Dishonest dealers are glad to profit from the uninformed and gullible.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We can sell to all 48 contiguous, Alaska and Hawaii..

All of the vehicles we sell are 50 state compliant...

I believe from what others have said that California wants to inspect and make sure we did not remove pollution devices...

We will not remove any even if asked to do so...
At worst case, a smog check and certificate will be required, which provides the inspection of emissions components as required, but if you are able to initially register a new car w/Calif registration, that me be avoided. The issue at hand is that is the car is Federally Emission compliant and has less that 7,500 miles and purchased by a Calif resident, it can't be registered in Calif. I'll have to ask a friend of mine who lives in Calif and bought a new Corvette in Nashville, Tn and drove it home. All I know is that the vehicle was 50 state emissions compliant and he had absolutely no issues bringing it home and having it registered in Calif. I believe he financed it with the GM finance arm.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At worst case, a smog check and certificate will be required, which provides the inspection of emissions components as required, but if you are able to initially register a new car w/Calif registration, that me be avoided. The issue at hand is that is the car is Federally Emission compliant and has less that 7,500 miles and purchased by a Calif resident, it can't be registered in Calif. I'll have to ask a friend of mine who lives in Calif and bought a new Corvette in Nashville, Tn and drove it home. All I know is that the vehicle was 50 state emissions compliant and he had absolutely no issues bringing it home and having it registered in Calif. I believe he financed it with the GM finance arm.
For financing I would have to use Ford as the lender unless you arranged your own financing..

I realize laws differ by state so this is where it has difficulties but at least they are not impossibilities..
Sponsored