Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You can pay for your tag, taxes etc in 30 days at a tag agency in Oklahoma. Dealer does not have to collect these fees, nor do you have to finance them. So not true that dealers must collect these fees and taxes at time of purchase. You’ll be issued a free temp tag for a certain period of time. In Oklahoma it’s good for 30 days.
Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can pay for your tag, taxes etc in 30 days at a tag agency in Oklahoma. Dealer does not have to collect these fees, nor do you have to finance them. So not true that dealers must collect these fees and taxes at time of purchase. You’ll be issued a free temp tag for a certain period of time. In Oklahoma it’s good for 30 days.
You bring up exactly the details that I was inquiring about. I am very familiar with the costs and protocols of buying a new vehicle in California. Other states have differences that out of state purchasers would have to deal with. As a California resident, if I were buying a vehicle in Iowa, Oklahoma, or any other state, I want to know what I am facing ahead of time so I can be prepared.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a spreadsheet I made to compare X-Plan pricing at a local dealer to pricing at a dealer offering $1,000 below Invoice (such as that offered by Granger Ford) or $2,000 below MSRP (such as that offered by Laura Ford). For the $2,000 below MSRP example, the values in red show where they are more expensive then the $1,000 below Invoice example, only the Base and Big Bend models are less expensive.

Make sure you consider the total cost of the offers, the dealers that are some distance from you will require additional shipping or travel costs to get your Bronco. If the distance dealer arranges to have Ford deliver your Bronco to your nearest local dealer you will have to pay that local dealer additional fees for receiving, inspecting and delivering it to you, called PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection), this could be $500 - $1,000. Of course if you plan to travel to that distant dealer and drive your new Bronco home you will not have all of these costs but long drives at a constant speed is not good for a new engine. There are many examples of the proper engine break-in procedure on the internet, here is one example:
https://www.theenginebuilders.com/break-in-procedure

Looking at Dealer Holdback, with the original 2% dealer holdback column there was not enough dealer profit to cover a $1,000 below invoice offer. When increased to a 3% dealer holdback based on new information from @Ghostrider454 & @JeffBrunini you can see the $1,000 below invoice offer becomes profitable to the dealer. The 3% dealer holdback includes 2% of MSRP plus 1% of MSRP based on performance goals. Further, dealers will be looking for upsells, financing or bonuses from Ford for additional profits.

DISCLAIMER: I am not a dealer, salesperson or have any affiliation with them or Ford. I'm an engineer who put this spreadsheet together for my own use, I hope you find it useful.

Information about what the Ford discount X-Plan is:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...below-invoice-and-more.2319/page-2#post-76441

Other threads discussing Bronco pricing and discounts include:
2021 Bronco Dealers: No-ADM, X-Plans & Special Discounts Master List
Best Reservation Deal? $1000 Under Invoice

Change Log:
7/20/2020 ver5 - corrected X-Plan Admin Fee & Dealer Fee per @bdub2you
At the request of @BroncoFrog95 I've added the file attachment for you fellow Excel geeks who want to modify the spreadsheet for your own use.
7/21/2020 ver6 - added "Increase" column to show price changes between models.
7/24/2020 ver7 - updated Laura Ford fee per @tmobileguy, updated dealer holdback to 3% per @Ghostrider454 & @JeffBrunini
7/31/2020 ver8 - Update to add $1,300 off for Granger Ford X-Plan Customers

View attachment 18868

Based off the Ford Bronco Price List dated 7/13/2020 at this thread:
2021 BRONCO PRICE LIST – MSRP & Dealer Invoice Pricing
View attachment 13377
A question I also forgot to ask when I formulate my X-Plan pricing......are vehicle options that are added to the cost also included in the Invoice + 0.04% pricing calculations or is it base price only?
Thanks

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A question I also forgot to ask when I formulate my X-Plan pricing......are vehicle options that are added to the cost also included in the Invoice + 0.04% pricing calculations or is it base price only?
Thanks
I believe there is also invoice pricing on options so you would add that to the base price.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks
Here you go, it was answered a few posts earlier, the search box is your friend (click on the post link to read the entire original post).
Factory Packages and Options are part of the MSRP so they are included in X-Plan.

Dealer Installed Options and Accessories, I believe, are outside of the MSRP so they may be subject to some dealer wiggle room. The better dealers will include them for the cost of the Option or Accessory and the cost of installation for those at the dealer. I'm sure some other dealers will find this a convenient place to gouge customers, like $199 to install floor mats :ROFLMAO:

Perhaps @Granger Ford can chime in to help us understand better?
One point this does bring up is "dealer installed options and accessories" and Ford factory extended warranties. The X-Plan FAQ's seem to give the dealers some latitude, however one member said they have received discounts under X-Plan. Another post from a well respected member of the forum, ChrispyKC, a Ford Dealer, will simply pass through his costs without up-charges, their posts are below. We will not know the complete X-Plan pricing picture until Ford releases the full Bronco pricing rules and you find out how your dealer interprets them.

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looking at it for an Xplan Black Diamond (hopefully Base-Squatch offers a savings) at Granger Ford spreadsheet price I can expect to pay about $2500 tax tag title in the state of Florida. Question is since the price is set what type of legal tender does Granger or any dealer accept and are titles handled electronically? What is the mechanism to get my title in Florida as there will be no lien? Do we get a Certificate of Origin or some such?

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking at it for an Xplan Black Diamond (hopefully Base-Squatch offers a savings) at Granger Ford spreadsheet price I can expect to pay about $2500 tax tag title in the state of Florida. Question is since the price is set what type of legal tender does Granger or any dealer accept and are titles handled electronically? What is the mechanism to get my title in Florida as there will be no lien? Do we get a Certificate of Origin or some such?
most dealers likely will do wire transfers or certified/cashiers checks for that amount. They wont take personal checks or actual cash.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hoping they accept Visa, I get 1.5% cash back on it and it would offset travel expenses....

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hoping they accept Visa, I get 1.5% cash back on it and it would offset travel expenses....
they might, but that also depends on your credit card limit as well

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
they might, but that also depends on your credit card limit as well
I think they pay a % to Visa so they will balk at it. I can just preload the card with a credit the day before. Zelle is another option for wiring, would like to use it if possible.

Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
From other friends who have attempted to pay all or part of their new vehicle cost with a Visa, MC, or AMEX card, they have said the dealer would not accept the full purchase price of the vehicles (purchase prices upwards of $45,000 With credit card limits exceeding that number). The reason is that the credit card processing charges eat into the dealer’s profit and they won’t accept that cost component. The most they have been willing to accept is a partial payment of $5000, and the rest coming from cash and/or financing sources.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

most dealers likely will do wire transfers or certified/cashiers checks for that amount. They wont take personal checks or actual cash.
Or there is always the "finance for less than a month" path. Pre-qualify for the loan, buy via the loan, pay the machine off when you get home or the next business day.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Or there is always the "finance for less than a month" path. Pre-qualify for the loan, buy via the loan, pay the machine off when you get home or the next business day.
Problem is I did that with my 06'. Used Ford MotorCredit and Refinanced the next day with my credit union. The title was sent to me with no lien, credit union did not realize it for a few years and got a little excited that I had title when they did figure it out. Sent me a letter about recording the lien, I just paid off the loan instead but group x and group y did not talk at the bank and they kept sending me letters for months. What a pain in the ass the entire thing turned out to be.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Problem is I did that with my 06'. Used Ford MotorCredit and Refinanced the next day with my credit union. The title was sent to me with no lien, credit union did not realize it for a few years and got a little excited that I had title when they did figure it out. Sent me a letter about recording the lien, I just paid off the loan instead but group x and group y did not talk at the bank and they kept sending me letters for months. What a pain in the ass the entire thing turned out to be.
Ahhh. Gotcha.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is an MSO. Manufacturers Statement of Origin that is the piece that gets you a state title
Sponsored