julmuz

Wildtrak
First Name
Julio
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Clubs

Really appreciate it! I’m gonna have to create a pivot table or some charts with all this awesome data. 🤓

Advertisement

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Fiesta
Clubs

This is some great info. Any chance A/Z plan pricing can be included in this spreadsheet?

julmuz

Wildtrak
First Name
Julio
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Clubs

I also reserved a Wildtrack but I think a loaded one is just as much as a first edition
Based on the comparison chart, Wildtrak does not have stabalizer bar disconnect option so might save some $$ but I don’t think it will be too significant. That was the only diff between FE & Wildtrack fully loaded.

tmobileguy

Base
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 F-150, '05 F-350, '13 JKU, '11 Jag XJL, '11 BMW 740LI, '05 Bentley GT
The customer pays the $275 Admin Fee, I have a column to account for that in the spreadsheet.
I noticed this is not recorded in the $1300 off invoice chart that Granger is doing. Should it have the $275 fee in that chart as well or is that not a fee with a Granger X-plan purchase?

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Clubs

Not sure if this helps but a quick Google search revealed the following:

A-Plan Pricing Calculation

Ford's A-Plan is intended for Ford employees. This is often considered to be the best possible deal out of Ford's discounted Plan offers.

How it's calculated: Invoice - Holdback - Advertising Fee + $275 program fee

Z-Plan Pricing Calculation

The Z-Plan is identical to the A-Plan but applies to Ford retirees. Since the programs are so similar, they are frequently referenced together as A/Z Plan.

How it's calculated: Same as A-Plan

I don't know the Advertising Fee for the Bronc, a quick search revealed a range of $275 to $860.

Example:

Badlands (2-door): $40,621 (96.5% of MSRP) - $1,263 (3% of MSRP) - $568 (Average) + $275 (Admin) + $1,495 (Delivery Destination Fee) + $100 (Dealer Documentation Fee if charged): $40,660

A/ZPlan Price: $40,660
X-Plan Price: $42,239

FstFrd00

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Fusion
Clubs

I noticed this is not recorded in the $1300 off invoice chart that Granger is doing. Should it have the $275 fee in that chart as well or is that not a fee with a Granger X-plan purchase?
Unless I'm not understanding, its under the Adm fee column

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Lancer
Clubs

Thanks North, very informative. On top of that we'll have to calculate in taxes, license and change in auto insurance cost.

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Clubs

Under the reg x-plan chart but not the Granger x-plan chart
I think @North7 is saying Granger Ford is extending $1,300 below invoice for X-Plan eligible individuals. X-Plan individuals won't be using the program but treating X-Plan individuals with an extra $300 off everyone else's $1,000 promotion???

No admin fee as the X-Plan wouldn't be used.

Must understanding anyways...

tmobileguy

Base
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 F-150, '05 F-350, '13 JKU, '11 Jag XJL, '11 BMW 740LI, '05 Bentley GT
I think @North7 is saying Granger Ford is extending $1,300 below invoice for X-Plan eligible individuals. X-Plan individuals won't be using the program but treating X-Plan individuals with an extra $300 off everyone else's $1,000 promotion???

Ok...That's what I wasn't sure of. I thought the $300 off was to compensate for the $275 admin fee and then the additional x-plan savings would be deducted from the price. So i thought somehow it was still being used and wasn't sure if should be in the admin column as well...

OP
North7

North7

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
@tmobileguy, good catch, thank you for letting me know about the error. I've updated the spreadsheet to ver9 with the correction to the Granger X-Plan $1,300 example that missing the $275 Admin Fee.

Granger Ford

Badlands
First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

@Granger Ford , I am a dealer as well but I do a lot of 'lot financing' for people that can't get loans anywhere else. Some of the ways that I accept payments from people are the following (as well as fees associated with them and whether they can chargeback on them).

Zelle - this is essentially an instant bank transfer but you don't have to give out your bank account number. All the big banks have this set up. All they need is your phone number which is attached to your account and the money is deposited directly into your bank account instantly, just like a wire. It cannot be charged back (just like a wire) and there is no fee for the person receiving the funds.

Cash App - a money service like Paypal but much easier to use. People like sending it because there is an app on their phone and it takes 2 seconds to send the money. All they need is an email address to send you the money. There is no fee as long as you are willing to wait 2 days for the money to go from your cash app account to your bank account (like Paypal). You can have transferred instantly but they charge 1.5% for that.

Paypal - Works the same way as Cash App and Venmo. They just need an email address to send you the money. It can't be charged back as long as you have them send the money through "friends and family" and not "purchasing a good or service".

Venmo - Works the same way as Cash App or Paypal. There is no fee as long as you are willing to wait a day for the money to transfer from your Venmo account to your bank account. There is a 1% fee if you want it instantly. There is no way for the sender to reverse the payment so it is safe as well.

Chime - it is a bank that people use where they can send you money to your Chime Bank account. There is no fee to transfer the money from your Chime Account to your bank account. Transfer usually takes 2 days.

Figure with the amount of 'out of town' money you are probably going to be getting, this might help with SAFE ways that people can pay you that don't charge any kind of fee on your end....

Also note, once money is received from Paypal, Cash App, Venmo, or Chime, it is safe to proceed with the transaction. You don't need to wait for the money to transfer to your bank account to worry if you are going to receive it. Once it's in those accounts, it's yours, and it cannot be taken out. It just takes a few days sometimes to transfer from those accounts to your bank account
Thanks for the info.

I have not been in finance for years so the money part has totally passed me by.

OP
North7

North7

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands

Must understanding anyways...
Ok...That's what I wasn't sure of. I thought the $300 off was to compensate for the $275 admin fee and then the additional x-plan savings would be deducted from the price. So i thought somehow it was still being used and wasn't sure if should be in the admin column as well...
Great points, calling Dr. @Granger Ford, please enlighten us which is correct?

Granger Ford

Badlands
First Name
Albert
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Great points, calling Dr. @Granger Ford, please enlighten us which is correct?
The 275 is actually an internal fee, audit amount for the dealership.

The customer will not see it on the retail contract paperwork, only on the spreadsheet that has to be filled out for Ford.

Our $1300 off and reduction in the Doc fee is all the consumer sees and pays.

Great question BTW

OP
North7

North7

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
The 275 is actually an internal fee, audit amount for the dealership.
The customer will not see it on the retail contract paperwork, only on the spreadsheet that has to be filled out for Ford.
Our $1300 off and reduction in the Doc fee is all the consumer sees and pays.
Great question BTW
@tmobileguy, good catch, thank you for letting me know about the error. I've updated the spreadsheet to ver9 with the correction to the Granger X-Plan $1,300 example that missing the $275 Admin Fee.
I have reverted the spreadsheet back to ver8, thanks for the clarification.

Advertisement

Advertisement