First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seems like it doesn't impact unbuilt units or built units after 4-11, so I guess I can relax and continue to wait for mine.....

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got a FordPass notification about a Recall I havenā€™t heard about before. Of course not one of a couple some of us would like to see.

Campaign/NHTSA#
22S44/22V411

Rear Door Child Safety Lock Inspection/Replacement

1DCB5AD7-C35E-4DD0-89D4-A1C9A97ABF6E.jpeg

E345253D-23FF-4508-B135-D32713D295B7.jpeg
I tested mineā€¦ both work OK.
(but then again mine was built before Sept 2021)

FYI
The childlock lock mechanism are on the side of the door and either work when turned to the left or they Donā€™tā€¦ see pic!!!

Hope this helps!!!!

DO NOT CONFUSE THE REAR WINDOW SWITCH (on the center console) AS A Child LOCK MECHANISMā€¦.(like I did)šŸ˜œ

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Recall - Campaign/NHTSA# 22S44 / 22V411 (Rear Door Child Safety Lock Inspection/Replacement) 1D13A48E-3F7A-4A00-B7B9-8FFCC011E3C7

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Recall - Campaign/NHTSA# 22S44 / 22V411 (Rear Door Child Safety Lock Inspection/Replacement) E7D5C2EF-BC85-4DDF-B84E-54D5F2AF62DF

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As I've tried to squeeze my body through the tiny gap between the front and back in my 2-door, I've wondered how people get car seats and kids into them in the backseat!
Had my niece for a day, barely fit the car seat through the seats and had the hardest time getting them clicked in.
She then had the gall to complain that it was too windy with the tops off and requested that they be reinstalled.
Needless to say, she'll never ride in the Bronco again.

(I know it sounds mean, but I have a normal sedan that she will ride in from now on.)

Sponsored

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Had my niece for a day, barely fit the car seat through the seats and had the hardest time getting them clicked in.
She then had the gall to complain that it was too windy with the tops off and requested that they be reinstalled.
Needless to say, she'll never ride in the Bronco again.

(I know it sounds mean, but I have a normal sedan that she will ride in from now on.)
There are soo many people on this forum who would have killed for that experience!

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There are soo many people on this forum who would have killed for that experience!
Spoiled little princess likes the quiet boring back seat of the Benz to watch Youtube videos! Doesn't know what she's missing.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, that's one recall. Over 44,000 Mach Es will be recalled for a problem. An article stated that Ford has more recalls than any other vehicle manufacturer. This is news I do not like to hear. They must do better than this...

VailBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If anyone is looking to get this addressed quickly in Colorado, Groove Ford got us in the next day. It passed the test and they had us out the door quickly. Phil Long Ford told me it would be early August before they could look at it and they would need the Bronco for 3-4 days!

Sponsored

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Once, when I was very young, my Mom was taking my brother and I to the Philadelphia Zoo in a G1 VW Microbus. Both of us were in the front passenger seat with me on the outside and of course no seatbelts.

Mom got nervous as we got into the city and asked my brother to make sure the door was locked while we were stopped in traffic.

The Minibus had a single door handle you pulled back to open and pushed forward to lock.

So he reached across me and guess what he did?ā€¦

Next thing we heard was ā€œMaā€™am, I think you dropped something!ā€, from a truck driver having scooped me up off the pavement and placing me back in the car.

Fun times!ā€¦
Sponsored

Last edited: