JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They can exclude a model, and they do in some cases. I'm unable to find a list of vehicles known to be excluded from X-Plan pricing, but it's usually the limited production vehicles that are excluded. Think Raptor, GT350, and GT500.

The Bronco won't be a limited production vehicle, so I expect it to be covered by X-Plan, but some of the limited production trims of the Bronco might be excluded (Raptor/Warthog/First Edition). The fact of the matter is that we just don't know.

I would not recommend buying Ford stock for the purpose of getting X-Plan. It's probably the most expensive way to get X-Plan pricing out there. I say "probably" because there might be a more expensive way that I'm just not aware of.

There are other reasons to buy Ford stock. If you believe in the company, invest in it. If you're banking on them bringing back the dividend (which they still had when I bought my shares of Ford stock, and that was the reason I bought them to begin with), invest in Ford.

As you say, Ford stock is cheap right now, and I personally think it's a good investment (less so since they suspended the dividend, though), but I'm also just a dumbass Okie, so you definitely shouldn't take investment advice from me.
tbf, what would prevent you from buying stock now, sitting on it for 6 months, get your car/truck, then selling the stock? you save a couple thousand on the car/truck, and as long as the stock stayed steady, then you broke even. worse case is you lose a couple hundred, best case is you made thousands on top (and when dividends are avail, some there too).
Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

tbf, what would prevent you from buying stock now, sitting on it for 6 months, get your car/truck, then selling the stock? you save a couple thousand on the car/truck, and as long as the stock stayed steady, then you broke even. worse case is you lose a couple hundred, best case is you made thousands on top (and when dividends are avail, some there too).
For the hypothetical person thinking about doing this: If the stock goes up very much between when you buy and when you sell, you'll potentially take a hosing on your taxes for short-term capital gains, but if we're only talking about 100 shares, the odds that you'll see enough profit or loss to significantly affect your taxes are damn slim. You are still talking about tying up several hundred dollars for at least 6 months, but if you can afford to drop enough to just buy 100 shares of Ford stock all in one go, you can probably afford to not have access to that money for 6 months. The question then becomes a matter of "Can you, as an individual, and from a psychological perspective, tolerate the risk:reward ratio associated with putting that kind of money out there knowing that you'll get somewhere between 'most' of it and 'more than what you put into it' back?" So nothing, really.

For me, personally: I bought most of my stock around $9.50. I just wanted 100 shares to slowly roll dividends back into (dividends were still going when I bought mine). I bought the last of those 100 shares in I didn't even know you could get X-Plan with it. That was just a happy bonus I discovered after the fact. If I were to sell off what I have now, I'd lose roughly 1/3rd of my investment. I believe that once the beer flu is dealt with and the economy gets back into full swing, Ford's stock will go back up, and I'll be able to sell at a break even or profit point, should I so choose. As it goes up, I'm also hoping they'll reinstate the dividend. If they reinstate the dividend, I'll be less inclined to sell, because I like dividends.

But that's just me, and like I said, I have no idea what I'm doing.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the hypothetical person thinking about doing this: If the stock goes up very much between when you buy and when you sell, you'll potentially take a hosing on your taxes for short-term capital gains, but if we're only talking about 100 shares, the odds that you'll see enough profit or loss to significantly affect your taxes are damn slim. You are still talking about tying up several hundred dollars for at least 6 months, but if you can afford to drop enough to just buy 100 shares of Ford stock all in one go, you can probably afford to not have access to that money for 6 months. The question then becomes a matter of "Can you, as an individual, and from a psychological perspective, tolerate the risk:reward ratio associated with putting that kind of money out there knowing that you'll get somewhere between 'most' of it and 'more than what you put into it' back?" So nothing, really.

For me, personally: I bought most of my stock around $9.50. I just wanted 100 shares to slowly roll dividends back into (dividends were still going when I bought mine). I bought the last of those 100 shares in I didn't even know you could get X-Plan with it. That was just a happy bonus I discovered after the fact. If I were to sell off what I have now, I'd lose roughly 1/3rd of my investment. I believe that once the beer flu is dealt with and the economy gets back into full swing, Ford's stock will go back up, and I'll be able to sell at a break even or profit point, should I so choose. As it goes up, I'm also hoping they'll reinstate the dividend. If they reinstate the dividend, I'll be less inclined to sell, because I like dividends.

well, I bought another 84 shares this morning puts me at 100 shares. I've already lost 8 bucks!!!

But I'm going to watching it over the next few market days. I may buy a large number of shares later this week in anticipation of a bump from the reveal.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So 100 shares of Ford stock at the current price of $6 per share is $600 tied up for 6 months plus.
Or
Join Mustang Club of America (MCA) for $25 per year. From what I've researched it looks like you have to be a member for 60 days before you can use the X-Plan.
https://mustang.org/about/benefits/

Does anyone know any further details about MCA?

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So 100 shares of Ford stock at the current price of $6 per share is $600 tied up for 6 months plus.
Yep. Easier to stomach when they were paying the dividend and they'd pay you $15 (what I got for the couple of dividend payments I received between reaching 100 shares and them suspending the dividend) very 3 months (paid quarterly on established dates, so if you time your sale exactly wrong, you could miss out on the second dividend payment) for sitting on their stock to boot.

Granted, that's only $30 over those 6 months, and you won't get that now, because the dividend has been suspended thanks to the Rona.

Or
Join Mustang Club of America (MCA) for $25 per year. From what I've researched it looks like you have to be a member for 60 days before you can use the X-Plan.
https://mustang.org/about/benefits/

Does anyone know any further details about MCA?
From what I've heard, you have to have at least 60 days left on your membership with MCA to qualify for X-Plan, but the wording they use is screwy. Supposedly, you can use it to generate an X-Plan PIN as soon as you have confirmation of your membership info (member number, etc). Not sure if that's true, though. Just what I heard.

So yeah, the choice is "sorta free if you don't mind not having $600 for 6 months and the stock market doesn't take another massive dump, but you also might get lucky and turn a profit" or "$25, but you don't get it back."

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I saw this from a dealer who on another site I moderate...I'm assuming its the timeline for the Bronco Sport...

sources till me that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) will open in mid-July with a Job #1 Date expected in mid-October!

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. Easier to stomach when they were paying the dividend and they'd pay you $15 (what I got for the couple of dividend payments I received between reaching 100 shares and them suspending the dividend) very 3 months (paid quarterly on established dates, so if you time your sale exactly wrong, you could miss out on the second dividend payment) for sitting on their stock to boot.

Granted, that's only $30 over those 6 months, and you won't get that now, because the dividend has been suspended thanks to the Rona.

From what I've heard, you have to have at least 60 days left on your membership with MCA to qualify for X-Plan, but the wording they use is screwy. Supposedly, you can use it to generate an X-Plan PIN as soon as you have confirmation of your membership info (member number, etc). Not sure if that's true, though. Just what I heard.

So yeah, the choice is "sorta free if you don't mind not having $600 for 6 months and the stock market doesn't take another massive dump, but you also might get lucky and turn a profit" or "$25, but you don't get it back."
With regard to the x plan pricing, you need to sit on the stock for 6 months regardless in order to receive a pin if you hadn’t met the 100 share threshold previously . If someone buys 100 shares today, you wouldn’t be eligible for an xplan pin until Dec.

Last edited:

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With regard to the x plan pricing, you need you need to sit on the stock for 6 months regardless in order to receive a pin if you hadn’t met the 100 share threshold previously . If someone buys 100 shares today, you wouldn’t be eligible for an xplan pin until Dec.
Jan 1st? Just verifying.

Ponderess

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm waiting until I can sit in one. That's when I'll know if it's what I really want.
I need a new car so I doubt it'll be worse than what I have but I'm not sure if I see the benefits of waiting til April!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not going to pre order. Want to wait for plan pricing a year or so in.
Pre ordering only shows your over anxious. You still won't be able to get one for 8-10 months. On a vehicle they expect to sell 200k, it won't take long to fill the pipeline once production starts.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I need a new car so I doubt it'll be worse than what I have but I'm not sure if I see the benefits of waiting til April!
April is when they are expected to hit dealer lots, so you don't have much choice.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw this from a dealer who on another site I moderate...I'm assuming its the timeline for the Bronco Sport...

sources till me that the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) will open in mid-July with a Job #1 Date expected in mid-October!
That's what they're saying on Blue Oval.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's what they're saying on Blue Oval.
Right...because thats where I got it. It's for the Sport, not the regular bronco.

Ponderess

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
April is when they are expected to hit dealer lots, so you don't have much choice.
Oh dang so the january thing must've been scrapped and I didn't notice. Thanks.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh dang so the january thing must've been scrapped and I didn't notice. Thanks.
The regular Bronco wasn't supposed to be in Production til December anyways...but COVID pushed that back by a month or two.
Sponsored