Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Updated June 29, 2020

We’ve confirmed with our sources that reservations will open for the 2021 Ford Bronco (larger body-on-frame model) during the July 13 reveal, just like Ford did at the Mustang Mach-E reveal! Both the 2-door and 4-door Broncos will be open for reservations.

Unlike the Mach-E which required a $500 deposit, reservations for the 2021 Bronco will only require a $100 deposit (fully refundable). The ordering process is expected to follow the Mach-E reservation/order model, where the reservation holder will choose a preferred Ford dealer at the time of reservation. Reservations will then be converted to actual orders when the Bronco order bank opens, upon which time the reservation holder can choose their final dealers (either original or new dealer) with which they wish to negotiate and purchase from.

And as reported earlier, that conversion date will be sometime December 2020, when order banks for the body-on-frame Bronco will open. Deliveries will take place beginning April 2021.

-- Bronco6G.com Administrator

Original post by @Ecobeasttt

Since we possibly can reserve a Bronco on the reveal date next month, anyone going to have their credit cards ready? It'll be fully refundable anyway so I'm probably going to put down a reservation deposit no matter what unless it's priced in the stratosphere out of my range.

And I know lots of these questions can't be answered yet but maybe there are already dealers who already know, or anyone here know from the Mach-E ordering reservation/order process?
  • How will price negotiations work with reserved Broncos?
  • Are you guaranteed to purchase a Bronco at no higher than MSRP (with no ADM)?
  • What happens if you decide to switch up your reservation to another trim or configuration - do you have to place a new reservation and lose your original place in line?
  • Do you get to pick the dealer you want to actually place your order with?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since we possibly can reserve a Bronco on the reveal date next month, anyone going to have their credit cards ready? It'll be fully refundable anyway so I'm probably going to put down a reservation deposit no matter what unless it's priced in the stratosphere out of my range.

And I know lots of these questions can't be answered yet but maybe there are already dealers who already know, or anyone here know from the Mach-E ordering reservation/order process?
  • What happens if you decide to switch up your reservation to another trim or configuration - do you have to place a new reservation and lose your original place in line?
I won't be. I have no plans to buy before Spring, so I'll be able to see it in person and drive it before making up my mind.
My opinions as someone who's bought a lot of Ford vehicles.
  • probably MSRP no negotiating
  • depends on dealer, if they try that, look at another dealer.
  • What happens if you decide to switch up your reservation to another trim or configuration - do you have to place a new reservation and lose your original
  • place in line?
  • should be able to spec change until a VIN is issued.
  • unless they do the allocation thing like they do on Raptor's, I'd say yes

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I fully expect a reservation process, as it's an easy way for manufacturers to raise capital. I have X-Plan, so if my local dealers won't allow me xplan, I'll get my deposit back and order from Chrispy.

A friend of mine has a reservation for the MachE. At the time of the deposit , it was reserving the right to order when the real banks open.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@ChrispyKC said it will be a very similar process to the MachE. I plan on ordering through him. My only question is when will the “raptor” version be shown. I’m guessing we won’t see it reveal until the holidays. So I won’t order until I know if I’m getting the “rubicon” level trim or the “raptor” level one when it comes out

bunionspring

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma SR5, Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@ChrispyKC said it will be a very similar process to the MachE. I plan on ordering through him. My only question is when will the “raptor” version be shown. I’m guessing we won’t see it reveal until the holidays. So I won’t order until I know if I’m getting the “rubicon” level trim or the “raptor” level one when it comes out
any
Anyone know the dealership @ChrispyKC is with?

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I fully expect a reservation process, as it's an easy way for manufacturers to raise capital. I have X-Plan, so if my local dealers won't allow me xplan, I'll get my deposit back and order from Chrispy.

A friend of mine has a reservation for the MachE. At the time of the deposit , it was reserving the right to order when the real banks open.
I doubt there will be a reservation process. It's too close to job #1. Also, unlike Mach E, Ford expects to sell 200k first year. They're not going to want to complicate things. I have a feeling all we'll get next month is to see the actual Bronco and more details about it and the options and available models. Ford traditionally releases the order guide and the build & price a few days later. That's usually about 2 months before job #1, so I think September-October is when we'll get the full details.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford expects to sell 200k first year.
Just to be clear:
The 200,000 number they gave was across the entire "Bronco line up", not just the BroncoBronco.

found an article:
Ford has made it clear that these aren't going to be low-volume, niche products. Dealers were told that Ford expects sales of the "Bronco family," including both the Bronco and the Bronco Sport, to exceed 200,000 units a year right away, starting in 2021.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/02/17/revealed-fords-plan-to-go-big-with-the-bronco.aspx

Eastcoaster

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus
Does Ford release “special edition” runs like anniversary editions? I could imagine seeing a “heritage edition” special trim for the first year which could be limited release and involve reservations.
Something higher end with a special retro color.
Is that a Ford kind of marketing choice?

alcowlings

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base

1. There likely wont be price negotiations. Itll probably get down to who is selling at MsRp and who is getting greedy for ADM

2. If the mach e is any indication, you should be able to edit trim and options prior to order. Mach e customers are ordering in the next 2 weeks, so keep an eye on that process. My understanding about the mach e is that ford used the reservations to model production planning. I.e. to figure out what to build the most of

3. If mach e is an indication, you can pick the dealer.

I'm guessing they will take a small deposit on reveal date, maybe even less than $500 that they took on mach e. The smaller the deposit, the more Broncos they can tell wall street have been "reserved".

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I could imagine seeing a “heritage edition” special trim for the first year which could be limited release and involve reservations. Something higher end with a special retro color.
On the off-chance Ford won't allow us to custom order our very own 'special retro color', anyone want to guess what they'll pick? Lottsa interesting possibilities in the '66-'67 era. Looking at the already published colors, the green family looks wide open - and either Holly or Boxwood would be awesome...and browsing the web, both look to be popular in Bronco restorations.

Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the off-chance Ford won't allow us to custom order our very own 'special retro color', anyone want to guess what they'll pick? Lottsa interesting possibilities in the '66-'67 era. Looking at the already published colors, the green family looks wide open - and either Holly or Boxwood would be awesome...and browsing the web, both look to be popular in Bronco restorations.
Throw Harbor Blue in there! Boxwood is def at the top of my wish list, however.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Boxwood is def at the top of my wish list
Timsvtgen1, let's you and I just go ahead & make an executive decision to designate Boxwood Green the Bronco Heritage Edition color....whadd'a you think, white top, or black?

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Timsvtgen1, let's you and I just go ahead & make an executive decision to designate Boxwood Green the Bronco Heritage Edition color....whadd'a you think, white top, or black?
You've got my full support. White , Wimbledon White at that... I'm really shooting high here.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands