JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
100 is all you need to qualify for X-Plan as a shareholder. If you believe in the company, buy as many shares as you can afford without wrecking the diversity of your portfolio.
Diveristy? only stock I have right now is some Ford stock and stock in the company I work for....(ESOP).....
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Kind of need some specs (towing capacity) to be able to pick between a 2dr deposit or a 4dr deposit...

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Kind of need some specs (towing capacity) to be able to pick between a 2dr deposit or a 4dr deposit...
Go for broke & reserve Both....you're allowed 2; totally refundable. Supposedly you can change-up your order till December-something...but I'm kinda thinking of reserving 2 different colors myself

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can also get X-plan a few other ways. Membership in certain clubs (Mustang Club of America, for example) will get it for you.

X-Plan is also available to Ford stockholders, as long as they own 100 or more shares, and have owned at least 100 shares for at least 6 months prior to applying for their X-Plan PIN. This is probably the most expensive way to get into it, but if you're buying Ford stock anyway, just remember that X-Plan is one of the perks. Now if only Ford will reinstate the dividend...
MY ONLY concern is the following: "Current Ford model and prior model year vehicles sold in the United States See your local dealer for vehicle eligibility."

Could they exclude a model? I have 50 shares right now and they are dirt cheap right now. ALMOST worth buying 50 more if I KNEW there would not be an exclusion.

Sponsored

Ponderess

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So customize now and get it in April or wait til january for them to be on lots as is?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So customize now and get it in April or wait til january for them to be on lots as is?
I'm waiting until I can sit in one. That's when I'll know if it's what I really want.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As to be expected, the Mach-E order process shows us the normal games dealers will play.

"The Mach-E forum lit up with the news on Saturday with dozens of members sharing information about the order process. It looks pretty straightforward, though some dealers are adding hefty premiums to the MSRP. A handful showed adjusted dealer markups of $5,000. Like any hot new car, it literally pays to shop around since the MSRP is, after all, a suggested price."
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/ford-mustang-mach-e-orders-official/
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/order-site-is-up.928/

"FYI The original dealer who ADM'ed $6000 onto the MSRP reposted a new price on my reservation sheet down to $500 ADM."
https://www.[banned site].com/threads/anyone-changed-dealers-for-their-reservation.1107/#post-8449

"Called Ford Marketing gave them my particulars (old deal/new dealer) they confirmed and gave me a CAS reference number said up to 5 business days to be entered in to the Ford Pass system"
https://www.[banned site].com/threads/anyone-changed-dealers-for-their-reservation.1107/#post-8438

"I called 1-800-334-4375 line and was able to change my dealership. She confirmed my address, email, and order number. She said she would notify me when it was completed. She never said I was making a new reservation.
If you call, don’t respond to “press 1 for English” and then they give you “press 1 for Mach E info” option."
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/anyone-changed-dealers-on-their-reservation.893/#post-18911
So, if you must buy early, if you must get a reservation, here is an interesting idea to try. The key here is you do not want to tip your hand to your preferred dealer thereby giving them the idea your an anxious buyer and end up having to pay sucker's tax (ADM).

Select two dealers you may want to do business with, say one 10 miles away (Choice #1) and one 20 miles away (Choice #2)

In the reservation system, select Choice #2 as a placeholder for your reservation.

Dealer Choice #2 will call you, when the time comes, see what you can negotiate.

Then, as time plays out and information becomes known, negotiate with your dealer Choice #1. When you email, call or go to the dealer Choice #1, you DO NOT tell them you have a reservation, you simply act like someone who is interested in the new Bronco. Then, play the "Buyer's Game" to see if you get the price you want, no ADM, etc. If you are successful in getting the price you want at dealer Choice #1 you then tell them, well I did place a reservation in the Ford system to learn more about it so I will call Ford and change my reservation to you.

Remember, even if you end up buying from Dealer #2, you can take your Bronco to the closer Dealer #1 for service.

Any other ideas or tips to add to this plan?

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Remember, even if you end up buying from Dealer #2, you can take your Bronco to the closer Dealer #1 for service.
I've never seen anyone Less interested in where you bought a vehicle than the service department.

But I like your base idea....kinda like having 2 girlfriends :)

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

$100 is not enough. People who are half-way interested in one will put down the deposit, just because. Same thing happened with the Cybertruck. This in turn leads to people who actually want one not being able to reserve because it's been capped. And since MSRP will be announced later, Ford could increase it's target price because they think more folks are clamoring for one than they anticipated.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

$100 is not enough. People who are half-way interested in one will put down the deposit, just because. Same thing happened with the Cybertruck. This in turn leads to people who actually want one not being able to reserve because it's been capped. And since MSRP will be announced later, Ford could increase it's target price because they think more folks are clamoring for one than they anticipated.
This Tesla page shows the Cybertruck reservation fee is also $100.
https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck/design#battery

Tesla is still taking Cybertruck reservations so how is it capped?

The Cybertruck is a limited production model, the Bronco is not.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Who said that we aren't going to get pricing with a build and price? We are already 90 days delayed for the reveal due a shit show of reasons and the Sport will be in production in less then 60 days, since they already did pre-production builds right before COVID took off.

Ford isn't going to be stupid with pricing-they are going to be within reason of the Wrangler...the dealerships I'm not too sure of, but that all depends on the state of the economy this time next year.

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not going to pre order. Want to wait for plan pricing a year or so in.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not going to pre order. Want to wait for plan pricing a year or so in.
This isn't a Mustang Cobra, Mach 1, GT350/500...I'm willing to bet my Z plan I can get that plan pricing will be on the Bronco and Bronco Sport when they come out.

The dealer might not take it, but that is so fucking short sighted by them that they are fucking themselves over. I buy nothing but Fords (because of the no haggling with plan pricing and like most of their products) that they are going to basically lose out on a new car purchase between my wife and I almost every 5 years for a transaction that requires alot less bullshit then some Schmuck that comes off the street and tries to undercut the dealer for a couple grand.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

MY ONLY concern is the following: "Current Ford model and prior model year vehicles sold in the United States See your local dealer for vehicle eligibility."

Could they exclude a model? I have 50 shares right now and they are dirt cheap right now. ALMOST worth buying 50 more if I KNEW there would not be an exclusion.
They can exclude a model, and they do in some cases. I'm unable to find a list of vehicles known to be excluded from X-Plan pricing, but it's usually the limited production vehicles that are excluded. Think Raptor, GT350, and GT500.

The Bronco won't be a limited production vehicle, so I expect it to be covered by X-Plan, but some of the limited production trims of the Bronco might be excluded (Raptor/Warthog/First Edition). The fact of the matter is that we just don't know.

I would not recommend buying Ford stock for the purpose of getting X-Plan. It's probably the most expensive way to get X-Plan pricing out there. I say "probably" because there might be a more expensive way that I'm just not aware of.

There are other reasons to buy Ford stock. If you believe in the company, invest in it. If you're banking on them bringing back the dividend (which they still had when I bought my shares of Ford stock, and that was the reason I bought them to begin with), invest in Ford.

As you say, Ford stock is cheap right now, and I personally think it's a good investment (less so since they suspended the dividend, though), but I'm also just a dumbass Okie, so you definitely shouldn't take investment advice from me.
Sponsored