First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah dealers don’t want to take the risk of getting stuck with a unique combo. I’ll custom order and wait 2-3 months. Only way to get exactly what I want
Realistically that's adding a year or more, as custom orders are going to take a back seat on early production.

Probably should be realistic that I won't be getting what I want for another 2 years.
Sponsored

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Realistically that's adding a year or more, as custom orders are going to take a back seat on early production.

Probably should be realistic that I won't be getting what I want for another 2 years.
It’s not really a custom order. Dealers order off the same sheet and will just click different colour option.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Supposedly the Bronco buying program will be like the Mach E. I wish Chrispy was still posting, he could explain if we’ll have to wait longer.

Couldn’t a dealer order it how we want it among their dealer stock orders?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t know why this is so hard for some to understand.
Re different options/colors; I understand your point - but I think it was MUCH more valid a decade ago. Today buyers easily scan 20-30+ dealers' internet inventory. The dealers who load up on white/black/grey box themselves into the same corner as the McDonalds franchisee...the store across town has Exactly the same offerings as you.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Your overthinking this a little too much. It may be harder to get exactly what you want beginning of production, but soon after the dealer can get you what you want. When you place the order, the dealer can set priority code 10 and that will get it to them faster.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Supposedly the Bronco buying program will be like the Mach E. I wish Chrispy was still posting, he could explain if we’ll have to wait longer.

Couldn’t a dealer order it how we want it among their dealer stock orders?
The dealer selects a priority code when placing the order. They do have some control of when they can get a vehicle.

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your overthinking this a little too much. It may be harder to get exactly what you want beginning of production, but soon after the dealer can get you what you want....
Perhaps.. Of course, it's still annoying when you can't actually see the color in person before you buy it.

I was also getting excited about the color options... the I remembered what dealers here stock. Sigh...

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Perhaps.. Of course, it's still annoying when you can't actually see the color in person before you buy it.

I was also getting excited about the color options... the I remembered what dealers here stock. Sigh...
We haven't seen what will happen yet. I'm thinking a vehicle like Bronco stands a better chance of having more color choices in dealer stock than something like Explorer or Expedition.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

100% I like to see the colors in person first.

Funny terrible dealer story on that note:

Before I got my Mustang I went to a dealer by my job to get a look at Grabber Blue. I was going to order a 5.0 which wasn’t going to be built until the next model year. They had GB V6 in stock. Naturally they asked if I needed help while I was looking around. I explained to them what I was doing. The salesman then tried to tell me grabber blue ONLY came on the V6. Even after I explained to him how much I knew about the car from the forums and didn’t think he was right he still insisted. Needless to say I ordered through a different dealer lol

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
100% I like to see the colors in person first.

Funny terrible dealer story on that note:

Before I got my Mustang I went to a dealer by my job to get a look at Grabber Blue. I was going to order a 5.0 which wasn’t going to be built until the next model year. They had GB V6 in stock. Naturally they asked if I needed help while I was looking around. I explained to them what I was doing. The salesman then tried to tell me grabber blue ONLY came on the V6. Even after I explained to him how much I knew about the car from the forums and didn’t think he was right he still insisted. Needless to say I ordered through a different dealer lol
I tried out a 13 Roush in Grabber Blue that my dealer had on the lot. It had 5.0 and the huge chrome Roush wheels and red brake calipers. The blue was just too much for me, plus it had the base trim with cloth seats and base audio that sounded awful. I ended up ordering a 14 black GT Premium.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried out a 13 Roush in Grabber Blue that my dealer had on the lot. It had 5.0 and the huge chrome Roush wheels and red brake calipers. The blue was just too much for me, plus it had the base trim with cloth seats and base audio that sounded awful. I ended up ordering a 14 black GT Premium.
Agreed! Mine has a glass roof (black) and lots of black accents. It tones the loud blue down quite nicely. Also premium was a must

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this may be why my allergies went haywire this morning and I can no longer swallow or talk.
That’s actually covid
Sponsored