Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whoa... wait a minute. Ford just realized that 7+13=20 so they are going to have to change it again to a different date as this date makes too much sense mathematically.... numbers don’t lie.

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I understand it but secretly wish they had moved it UP a day instead of 4 days back.
Agreed. And that woulda been a way of putting a positive spin on this date change. Instead of being a "delay" they could have said we can't wait to show you how great the new Bronco is so we've moved the reveal up.

But it's Ford Marketing so ?‍♂

Sponsored

Mike20

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did anyone have “OJ’s Birthday” on the Bingo card to delay the reveal next?! :ROFLMAO:

So we have to wait another four days. As painful as those extra days will be, we’ve already made it this far. We can make it a little longer...maybe.

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wait.. isn't July 13 judge Ito's birthday? :D

All that said, as annoying as woke culture is.. in these times you don't want your product release tied to OJ and domestic violence. Better to get good press and possible extra press, for the "right" response.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not surprised at all and this is either a testament to how horrible fords marketing people are orrrrr they saw this as an opportunity to make a splash and get more people talking about the reveal. Play dumb like “oops we didn’t realize that! Wooooowww what a coincidence!” And now twice the people know about the bronco releasing in July now. Just wish they moved it FORWARD 3 days not back.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh for Pete's sake LOLOLOL.

I get it...But dangit.

You know there was a whole committee meeting about this, they missed it (I would have too), and now those people are desperately looking for an intern to fire right meow.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So the question is, are they going to take the mathematician's approach to reaching the reveal date, or the engineer's approach?

A mathematician and an engineer agree to a psychological experiment.

The mathematician is put in a chair in a large empty room and a briefcase with a million dollars is placed on a table at the other end of the room.

The psychologist explains, "You are to remain in your chair. Every five minutes, I will move your chair to a position halfway between its current location and the money." The mathematician looks at the psychologist in disgust. "What? I'm not going to go through this. You know I'll never reach the other end!" And he gets up and storms out. The psychologist makes a note on his clipboard and ushers the engineer in.

He explains the situation, and the engineer's eyes light up and he agrees to the terms. The psychologist is a bit confused. "Don't you realize that you'll never reach the other side?"

The engineer smiles and replies, "Of course! But in less than half an hour, I'll be close enough for all practical purposes!"

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Y'all are being awfully harsh on Ford. I mean...Who looks up birthdays of infamous people when they're organizing a product release? When has it ever mattered until now? When has there ever been such a direct product link to such a shitheel's birthday?

I'd have missed it too.

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So July 13 is also Harrison Ford and Patrick Stewart.. maybe Ford can get them in a commercial? :D

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Y'all are being awfully harsh on Ford. I mean...Who looks up birthdays of infamous people when they're organizing a product release? When has it ever mattered until now? When has there ever been such a direct product link to such a shitheel's birthday?

I'd have missed it too.
A good communications person would do a bit of research there. But yeah, that is just another part of 2020.. the year of the mask..
Sponsored