Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is this what's called "Mission Creep"? :)
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A delay by 4 days after 3 years of waiting? Wow, big deal.

Maybe I'm just more patient than others.
To me, it's not even the new delay, it's the reason for the delay. People are suggesting looking through historical records to make sure nothing happened on a certain day now? This is just silly.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think anyone is seriously suggesting that. Anyone that thinks it’s a good idea to capitalize on the arrest of a black man publicly in 2020 needs to evaluate their outlook going forward. Do you really not see the difference in changing it because of OJ being connected to bronco and Julius Caesar’s birthday?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fun fact on July 13 1978 Henry Ford II fires Lee Iacocca
Does this mean they are going to fire the marketing director on the same day the release the bronco? lol

I mean i hope nobody gets fired, but maybe just make em sit in the back seat while the bronco does about 50 donuts for us.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t think anyone is seriously suggesting that. Anyone that thinks it’s a good idea to capitalize on the arrest of a black man publicly in 2020 needs to evaluate their outlook going forward. Do you really not see the difference in changing it because of OJ being connected to bronco and Julius Caesar’s birthday?
Ford got boycotted before for supporting NFL. Imagine today if this became a black issue? Ford dealers would be burning all over the country.

Sponsored

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ll add to this an ACCURATE configurator. It bothers my OCD when there are combos available in the configurator that you can’t get in a real order lol
Ok, now you just triggered me.. accuracy, plus availability.

A while back before WW3/Covid/Protests/GiantMeteor I was looking at possibly getting a GMC Acadia in the copperish color that they apparently use only on every 6th monday of the month. In doing a search that spanned ~1500 miles, I finally found 2 of them, both over ~1200 miles away.

Similar issue with Jeep. Was looking at Trailhawks, and to get the color combo I wanted, I'd have to drive ~800 miles and get a equipment package that was excessive.

Seems that any manafacturer will only ship Black, White, Grey or Maroon/Red SUVs to SoCal.

If Ford pulls the same shit and only ships Black, Grey, and White Broncos/BroncoSports to SoCal, I'm gonna loose it..

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok, now you just triggered me.. accuracy, plus availability.

A while back before WW3/Covid/Protests/GiantMeteor I was looking at possibly getting a GMC Acadia in the copperish color that they apparently use only on every 6th monday of the month. In doing a search that spanned ~1500 miles, I finally found 2 of them, both over ~1200 miles away.

Similar issue with Jeep. Was looking at Trailhawks, and to get the color combo I wanted, I'd have to drive ~800 miles and get a equipment package that was excessive.

Seems that any manafacturer will only ship Black, White, Grey or Maroon/Red SUVs to SoCal.

If Ford pulls the same shit and only ships Black, Grey, and White Broncos/BroncoSports to SoCal, I'm gonna loose it..
If you were able to get a number on how many sell in that color, it would be clearer why not many get stocked. Dealers tend to stock what someone that walks in and leaves a few hours later in a white, gray, black while the customer that wants a less popular color orders and waits 6-8 weeks to get it.

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you were able to get a number on how many sell in that color, it would be clearer why not many get stocked. Dealers tend to stock what someone that walks in and leaves a few hours later in a white, gray, black while the customer that wants a less popular color orders and waits 6-8 weeks to get it.
I call somewhat BS on that.. If the only colors on the lots are Black and Silver, what are people gonna buy? Most people won't order, so it's a self-fulfilling prophecy to say that no one wants actual colors, so we aren't going to put them on the lots.

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I call somewhat BS on that.. If the only colors on the lots are Black and Silver, what are people gonna buy? Most people won't order, so it's a self-fulfilling prophecy to say that no one wants actual colors, so we aren't going to put them on the lots.
It’s the same principle with manual transmissions. dealers here don’t stock them because they’d rather have a transmission that any man/woman/other can test drive and buy immediately. If you’re someone who wants a manual you’ll have to order or look elsewhere.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've ordered some of the vehicles I bought to get exactly what I wanted all of them black.
07 MKX
12 MKT my dealer got it from another dealer in California
14 Mustang
!4 Tremor my dealer traded with another in town
16 Expedition
18 Raptor

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Another thing you can do is pull up the window sticker on vehicles in those colors and see how long they've had it in stock.

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s the same principle with manual transmissions. dealers here don’t stock them because they’d rather have a transmission that any man/woman/other can test drive and buy immediately. If you’re someone who wants a manual you’ll have to order or look elsewhere.
Then why bother listing 11+ colors, when only 2 or 3 will be on dealer lots? I'm iffy on custom color orders from the factory, especially very low runs.

But I'd still argue that it's self-fulfilling. You make it hard to get, most people won't bother.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Then why bother listing 11+ colors, when only 2 or 3 will be on dealer lots? I'm iffy on custom color orders from the factory, especially very low runs.

But I'd still argue that it's self-fulfilling. You make it hard to get, most people won't bother.
They're only hard to get because so few want them. My dealer has a huge place, so they do tend to have more color selections, but some dealers are cramped for space so need to stock what sells. I see this online all the time with F-150. People complaining who can afford a $75k truck? Why can't they build a $25k truck that "everybody" wants? Truth is they do. My dealer normally stock about 250-300 trucks and has about 10 of the $25k variety, most of them white.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah dealers don’t want to take the risk of getting stuck with a unique combo. I’ll custom order and wait 2-3 months. Only way to get exactly what I want

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah dealers don’t want to take the risk of getting stuck with a unique combo. I’ll custom order and wait 2-3 months. Only way to get exactly what I want
I don’t know why this is so hard for some to understand.
Sponsored