Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aluminum boats should all look like this, not wakeboard boats... And no I don't expect the Bronco to tow it... Its about 12klbs@only 28'
11006466_10206145088775872_6126746422167758560_n.jpg
Agree, not sure what the concept idea was..aluminum makes it lighter but wake boats need weight LOTS of weight. Which I guess could have led to the failure since the ballast tanks would need to be even larger.
Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree, not sure what the concept idea was..aluminum makes it lighter but wake boats need weight LOTS of weight. Which I guess could have led to the failure since the ballast tanks would need to be even larger.
Lots of great reasonings to use aluminum on a wakeboat. You can add all the weight you could ever want. Can’t wait to hear this story. I’ve been in a lot of crappy boating situations that could of ended with a sunk boat but didn’t. Bulge pumps doing their jobs will save your life.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of great reasonings to use aluminum on a wakeboat. You can add all the weight you could ever want. Can’t wait to hear this story. I’ve been in a lot of crappy boating situations that could of ended with a sunk boat but didn’t. Bulge pumps doing their jobs will save your life.
sounds like Prestige Worldwide struck again LOL.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Reveal Officially Comes July 13! [Moved From July 9] 7a6f6f559f40c5396ed6e6977cf9abd9

For a good laugh goggle the youtube music video to this song. I would post it but I'd prefer not to get banned until after I own my Bronco.

Jwlaff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Here's a take on the delay from someone who isn't a lifelong Bronco fan.

I have been due for a new vehicle for a few years (still driving a vehicle I bought new in university over 6 years ago, and obviously making way more money now). I wanted a new body on frame SUV. Toyota has been recycling the same 4Runner for over a decade now, so I thought I'd wait and see what the Bronco had to offer. Obviously I'm interested enough in the Bronco to sign up for this site.

Then this whole reveal gets botched to the point you think Ford might have a vengeful employee going out of their way to screw it up. You have what's almost literally a captive audience with nothing to do, and you let the opportunity for an online reveal pass you by. Then you say it will still be revealed in Spring and let that pass. Then you finally give a firm date and then BREAK IT AGAIN.

I was already annoyed enough that I was leaning to the point of needing to be absolutely wowed to be willing to buy a Bronco after this ****-show. Now I'm so fed up, in part due to the delay being done to appease woke culture, that it would take something close to a miracle during that reveal to motivate me to buy it. I half hope it fails already.

Also, the black spy photo looks like a Dodge Nitro, and the 2004 concept still looks miles better. Thanks for letting me rant.

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I have been due for a new vehicle for a few years (still driving a vehicle I bought new in university over 6 years ago, and obviously making way more money now). I wanted a new body on frame SUV. Toyota has been recycling the same 4Runner for over a decade now, so I thought I'd wait and see what the Bronco had to offer. Obviously I'm interested enough in the Bronco to sign up for this site.

Then this whole reveal gets botched to the point you think Ford might have a vengeful employee going out of their way to screw it up. You have what's almost literally a captive audience with nothing to do, and you let the opportunity for an online reveal pass you by. Then you say it will still be revealed in Spring and let that pass. Then you finally give a firm date and then BREAK IT AGAIN.

I was already annoyed enough that I was leaning to the point of needing to be absolutely wowed to be willing to buy a Bronco after this ****-show. Now I'm so fed up, in part due to the delay being done to appease woke culture, that it would take something close to a miracle during that reveal to motivate me to buy it. I half hope it fails already.

Also, the black spy photo looks like a Dodge Nitro, and the 2004 concept still looks miles better. Thanks for letting me rant.
Dodge Nitro, those are fighting words! ?

Sponsored

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

?

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
sounds like Prestige Worldwide struck again LOL.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Reveal Officially Comes July 13! [Moved From July 9] 7a6f6f559f40c5396ed6e6977cf9abd9

For a good laugh goggle the youtube music video to this song. I would post it but I'd prefer not to get banned until after I own my Bronco.
INVESTORS? POSSIBLY YOU!

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, it does seem like the "reveal" has been handled very poorly.
I'm still optimistic though that it will be a pretty good vehicle.
I'm not one of those looking for any large tire version, just a basic fx4 version is fine with me.
I'd consider a 4runner, but isn't that design like 10 years old or something? And it's still not supposed to be updated for a year or two?
I'd say chill out, wait and see what the specs. of the Bronco look like, it should only be a few more weeks.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Ain't gonna lie, you had me at the beginning. But then you went off the rails.

I too, am a new Bronco fan. I've always liked them, but never really considered one until meow. Also...if it doesn't pan out, I'll likely buy a 4Runner.

But to my knowledge, they've put off the reveal twice. Both times for pretty legit reasons.

And I couldn't give two flying rat's butt whiskers how they handle the reveal. It has zero bearing on my purchase decisions. I care about the product and availability. Crying about the manner it is revealed...especially THIS year, of all years...well...that's just some weird myopic world view that I just can't wrap my head around.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I too, am a new Bronco fan. I've always liked them, but never really considered one until meow. Also...if it doesn't pan out, I'll likely buy a 4Runner.

But to my knowledge, they've put off the reveal twice. Both times for pretty legit reasons.

And I couldn't give two flying rat's butt whiskers how they handle the reveal. It has zero bearing on my purchase decisions. I care about the product and availability. Crying about the manner it is revealed...especially THIS year, of all years...well...that's just some weird myopic world view that I just can't wrap my head around.
Especially because the reveal date is still 6+ months away from when you can actually drive one off the lot. In the grand scheme the two reveal delays won’t matter

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Patience is a virtue and the 2004 concept is terrible. This two door honours the original
do people realize that the 2004 concept is a FWD unibody 2003 Ford Escape with a body kit and a tiny banger diesel motor?

Jwlaff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4

My problem with the reveal issues is not that I'm having to wait longer to see something I was always going to purchase day 1 anyway. But that I've been waiting for over a year to make a purchasing decision (that may or may not be the Bronco) based on the reveal. And when Ford keeps jerking me around when it comes to when I can make that purchasing decision it turns me off as a customer.

To me it's like a salesman telling me I should test drive his vehicle before buying something else. I say "sure, I'll give your vehicle a chance, when can I have a look at it?" and then put off my plans to purchase that other vehicle. Then every time the salesman schedules a test drive for me (ie, the reveal), I show up at the dealership only to be told the demo isn't available that day and to come back later, like way later.

Then I learn there was never any good reason why the demo wasn't there, like the manager drove it to the bar the prior night and had to leave it there because he was too drunk to drive (ie, Ford had no good reason not to reveal this thing online to its bored customer base and automotive journalists waiting for anything interesting to capture their attention - look at the viewership records the NFL draft broke this year, for something so mundane).

Ford should appreciate potential customers like me who are waiting to give them a chance instead of constantly toying with them.

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My problem with the reveal issues is not that I'm having to wait longer to see something I was always going to purchase day 1 anyway. But that I've been waiting for over a year to make a purchasing decision (that may or may not be the Bronco) based on the reveal. And when Ford keeps jerking me around when it comes to when I can make my purchasing decision it turns me off as a customer.

To me it's like a salesman telling me I should test drive his vehicle before buying something else. I say "sure, I'll give your vehicle a chance, when can I have a look at it?" and then put off my plans to purchase that other vehicle. Then every time the salesman schedules a test drive for me (ie, the reveal), I show up to the dealership only to be told the demo isn't available that day and to come back later.

Ford should appreciate potential customers like me who are waiting to give them a chance instead of constantly toying with them.
Who says they don’t? It took a world wide pandemic and cancel culture to delay the reveal a few months. If it were up to them you would have seen the vehicle by now. Patience my friend

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has been in the works for so many years that it would be a far greater mistake if Ford botched the actual reveal rather than the date. There is a tremendous amount of planning involved in an event. And severely critical networking and coordinating required to do an online reveal that will have many thousands watching at the same time. They can't miss a beat as people such as yourself have shown that any minor thing is enough to make them look away. They need everyone they can get to make this a successful investment that evokes new attention from buyers moving to Ford.
Sponsored