JDisFlip

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Bronco
Base
Thanks for compiling this list
:cool:(y) ... I pasted the vids, but you're welcome.
I find this observation from the Truth About Cars review to be a little troubling:

The Wrangler’s materials feel more upscale – and no one considers the Jeep’s cabin to be the height of luxury.

Now, I expected the Bronco to be pretty basic and not luxury car fancy. But I have friends with Jeeps and their interiors seem SUPER cheap and crappy to me. Is the Bronco really WORSE - even in the lux trims?
I've watched the TFL videos, and Tommy commenting on the plastic is not as good as the quality of plastic in a Jeep, and I've seen or heard others say about the same thing

... to me are we really complaining or commenting on who has the better plastic?

To me plastic is plastic, the Broncos I sat in at the dealer events were good, and I wasn't like Tommy tapping on the dash and going, "oh frick" this plastic is just not up to par.

This ain't an Acura, Lexus, or Bmw; to me it's a vehicle that I will take "off the road" and am looking at under $34k for a base model 2 door with a twin turbo V6 ... I'm not going to complain about the quality of plastic (... plastic is plastic) ... at least it's not the interior quality of a Nissan Versa (... this is in no way an offense to readers of this who like the Nissan Versa).

:cool:(y) just my opinion please don't throw chairs my way.

:ROFLMAO:(y)

OP
OP
JDisFlip

JDisFlip

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Bronco
Base
T&C Road Drive - obviously going to be a little biased coming from a dealer.

:cool:(y) I like their content.

Though I found some errors in some of the videos they had, they have good visuals most of the time.

OP
OP
JDisFlip

JDisFlip

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Bronco
Base
Man, I am glad I accomplished my big home project this past weekend...I can't wait to watch all those reviews!! :D
Thanks for posting them all in one place!
:cool:(y) you are welcome.

They'll probably be more ... hit youtube this week and they'll probably be more.

OP
OP
JDisFlip

JDisFlip

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Bronco
Base
Awesome!
Any reviews of the base with steelies?
Or was that one left behind at this dance?
:cool:(y) my assumption is that these were mainly from the Rodeo in Texas, and their courses anything not Black Diamond, Badlands, WildTrack, First Edition, or anything Sasquatched would not make it through their courses.

I would like to see reviews on the Base with a 2.7L like you.

nvabill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
Bronco
Badlands
Yeah there's definitely some of that going on in the industry in general. That's one of the reasons I like jalopnik. It's definitely not what it once was but they take some cars to task. Plus I always like seeing a disclaimer of how a review came to be, even if it is just a couple short lines

"(Full Disclosure: Ford flew me to Austin, Texas, put me up in a hotel that was even fancier than the Lexus LX470 I lived in earlier this year, and fed me bread pudding.)"
I like the disclosure part, it's a real shame that we can't really depend on those that we think we should be able to!

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Bronco
Badlands
Anyone who watched all the videos care to break down what options were reviewed? I've watched a couple and I get stuck sitting through an entire review of a 4 cylinder manual when I'm only interested in how the 10 speed 2.7 twin turbo drives.
Most of the reviews are saying the exact same thing from everything I've seen so far.
Any reviews that stand out from the crowd?

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Bronco
Badlands
Isnt the Mushy brakes the common complaint on Rangers?

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Bronco
Base
If all these reviews were from the Rodeo in Texas, then I think there aren't any non sas, just base, base trim reviews yet.

My order is for just a base, 2 Door Base trim with the 2.7L; I'm waiting for a review on that if it would ever be made :cool:(y).
Mine is supposed to be built the week of 12 July; from what I gather that seems like the date a lot of people have been given for the first wave of base only builds.

You mean 2.3 or were you able to get a 2.7 in the base?

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Bronco
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve read and watched a few. Didn’t really learn anything new.

Nearly anyone here could do a better review (and some already have) than the automotive press professionals.
The few I watched all seemed very similar initial impressions and several mistakes/mis-information, so clearly these people don’t live on this forum.

JTBros

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Just watched TFL's 0-60 review posted this morning. Glad to hear they have overall good impressions of the manual. The 8.7 0-60 is fine, not great but not terrible. Plus at some point in the future I'd like to tune mine (Garrett gt turbo anyone?). Tommy still harping on the lack of speakers but better than having the massive bar. They were also the first I saw to mention they were using premium in all the trucks.

Agreed, nearly all of these early videos are terrible. I'm looking forward to a Smoking Tire, Doug DeMuro and Throttle House reviews
I think the Jalopnick article and accompanying videos offered a solid deep dive, although the jeep biases were more obvious than the sky being blue. To me it just showed how little time they had with them and the quality suffered as a result. Savage Geese's deep dives are usually very good and I look forward to that. Farrah has been big on pushing cars on that hill near him recently so I look forward to that video.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Suzuki Samurai
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

:cool:(y) ... I pasted the vids, but you're welcome.

I've watched the TFL videos, and Tommy commenting on the plastic is not as good as the quality of plastic in a Jeep, and I've seen or heard others say about the same thing

... to me are we really complaining or commenting on who has the better plastic?

To me plastic is plastic, the Broncos I sat in at the dealer events were good, and I wasn't like Tommy tapping on the dash and going, "oh frick" this plastic is just not up to par.

This ain't an Acura, Lexus, or Bmw; to me it's a vehicle that I will take "off the road" and am looking at under $34k for a base model 2 door with a twin turbo V6 ... I'm not going to complain about the quality of plastic (... plastic is plastic) ... at least it's not the interior quality of a Nissan Versa (... this is in no way an offense to readers of this who like the Nissan Versa).

:cool:(y) just my opinion please don't throw chairs my way.

:ROFLMAO:(y)
I rapped on the dash at a demo event and yes, it sounds thin and cheap, but I don't care. If it really bothers people I'm sure you could pull the dash and stick dynomat to the back of the plastic or even spray foam it. A little mass would go a long way.

Sumo

Badlands
First Name
Sumo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Bronco
Badlands
Hagerty video has a 2 door Badsquatch with 2.7L review

20210628_125122.jpg

Advertisement