JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man, I am glad I accomplished my big home project this past weekend...I can't wait to watch all those reviews!! :D
Thanks for posting them all in one place!
:cool:(y) you are welcome.

They'll probably be more ... hit youtube this week and they'll probably be more.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JDisFlip

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Awesome!
Any reviews of the base with steelies?
Or was that one left behind at this dance?
:cool:(y) my assumption is that these were mainly from the Rodeo in Texas, and their courses anything not Black Diamond, Badlands, WildTrack, First Edition, or anything Sasquatched would not make it through their courses.

I would like to see reviews on the Base with a 2.7L like you.

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone who watched all the videos care to break down what options were reviewed? I've watched a couple and I get stuck sitting through an entire review of a 4 cylinder manual when I'm only interested in how the 10 speed 2.7 twin turbo drives.
Most of the reviews are saying the exact same thing from everything I've seen so far.
Any reviews that stand out from the crowd?

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isnt the Mushy brakes the common complaint on Rangers?

Sponsored

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
If all these reviews were from the Rodeo in Texas, then I think there aren't any non sas, just base, base trim reviews yet.

My order is for just a base, 2 Door Base trim with the 2.7L; I'm waiting for a review on that if it would ever be made :cool:(y).
Mine is supposed to be built the week of 12 July; from what I gather that seems like the date a lot of people have been given for the first wave of base only builds.

You mean 2.3 or were you able to get a 2.7 in the base?

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve read and watched a few. Didn’t really learn anything new.

Nearly anyone here could do a better review (and some already have) than the automotive press professionals.
The few I watched all seemed very similar initial impressions and several mistakes/mis-information, so clearly these people don’t live on this forum.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just watched TFL's 0-60 review posted this morning. Glad to hear they have overall good impressions of the manual. The 8.7 0-60 is fine, not great but not terrible. Plus at some point in the future I'd like to tune mine (Garrett gt turbo anyone?). Tommy still harping on the lack of speakers but better than having the massive bar. They were also the first I saw to mention they were using premium in all the trucks.

Agreed, nearly all of these early videos are terrible. I'm looking forward to a Smoking Tire, Doug DeMuro and Throttle House reviews
I think the Jalopnick article and accompanying videos offered a solid deep dive, although the jeep biases were more obvious than the sky being blue. To me it just showed how little time they had with them and the quality suffered as a result. Savage Geese's deep dives are usually very good and I look forward to that. Farrah has been big on pushing cars on that hill near him recently so I look forward to that video.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:cool:(y) ... I pasted the vids, but you're welcome.

I've watched the TFL videos, and Tommy commenting on the plastic is not as good as the quality of plastic in a Jeep, and I've seen or heard others say about the same thing

... to me are we really complaining or commenting on who has the better plastic?

To me plastic is plastic, the Broncos I sat in at the dealer events were good, and I wasn't like Tommy tapping on the dash and going, "oh frick" this plastic is just not up to par.

This ain't an Acura, Lexus, or Bmw; to me it's a vehicle that I will take "off the road" and am looking at under $34k for a base model 2 door with a twin turbo V6 ... I'm not going to complain about the quality of plastic (... plastic is plastic) ... at least it's not the interior quality of a Nissan Versa (... this is in no way an offense to readers of this who like the Nissan Versa).

:cool:(y) just my opinion please don't throw chairs my way.

:ROFLMAO:(y)
I rapped on the dash at a demo event and yes, it sounds thin and cheap, but I don't care. If it really bothers people I'm sure you could pull the dash and stick dynomat to the back of the plastic or even spray foam it. A little mass would go a long way.

Sumo

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru wrx sti
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hagerty video has a 2 door Badsquatch with 2.7L review

20210628_125122.jpg

Sponsored

Lashedup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just some expectations setting on how these “First Drive” launch events go.…

Reviewers only get 1.5 to 2 days to drive the vehicle on roads in and around whatever given city the event takes place. Plus very often, reviewers are paired up with someone, so your actually seat time is limiting. Ford threw in their Off-Rodeo as well which is more than some manufacturers do. Manufacturers need to get a lot of people through the cars. In the end, you will never get a true ownership experience. We will have to wait for those kinds of things.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
David Tracy at Jalopnik is the only reviewer I trust. Been following him for YEARS and he's a former Jeep engineer.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone who watched all the videos care to break down what options were reviewed? I've watched a couple and I get stuck sitting through an entire review of a 4 cylinder manual when I'm only interested in how the 10 speed 2.7 twin turbo drives.
Most of the reviews are saying the exact same thing from everything I've seen so far.
Any reviews that stand out from the crowd?
I wouldn’t necessarily say any of the video reviews stood out. All basically said the same info we already know. The presenters make or break the reviews. (I thought the first half of the Hagerty review was pretty bad, until they brought in someone that actually seemed to know their stuff for the off-roadeo portion.)

However this video from SlashGear was a little different, and I thought it was fun. The presenter does get on my nerves a little. But it was fun to get to see a normal dude rip around in the Bronco a little bit. (And it’s done in an FE 2.7/A10 if you were looking for that.)

mcunkle

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab
Your Bronco Model
Base
The TFL off road video included the official MPG figures, they aren't good. 20mpg for base auto non squatch, 17-18 mpg for squatch and 18 mpg for non squatch Black Diamond. The V6 is about the same with squatch which is surprising. I expect real world to be less that that more like 15-16mpg for any model with squatch.

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
David Tracy at Jalopnik is the only reviewer I trust. Been following him for YEARS and he's a former Jeep engineer.
His review was the best I've seen....it seems like the people I saw complaining hadn't even read it. It was basically a stellar review of Bronco....it made me even more excited to get it and get it off road.
Sponsored