First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F250, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There will be a 2021 Bronco Ride Along event early next week and we have an Bronco6G attendee willing to ask questions on behalf of our community!

Time will be limited, so we'll have to be selective about which questions get asked (and some questions will be answered by the prepared info released when embargo lifts). I'll collect the questions in the first post here.

Answers and Info will be shared after the embargoes lift. Here's what you can expect:
  • All news and interviews will be embargoed until 6 a.m. ET on Thursday, August 13.
  • Ride experiences in new Bronco models are embargoed until 6 a.m. ET on Tuesday, August 18."
I know Ford has said the the 7 speed manual won't be paired with the TT 2.7, but why? The 6 speed manual paired with the 5.0 in my 2019 Bullitt is an insanely fun beast to drive. Why can't the 7 speed work with the 2.7????
Sponsored

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know Ford has said the the 7 speed manual won't be paired with the TT 2.7, but why? The 6 speed manual paired with the 5.0 in my 2019 Bullitt is an insanely fun beast to drive. Why can't the 7 speed work with the 2.7????
See my response on that from another thread.

That might be a factor, but the bigger thing is that the 2.7 has never been offered with a manual, and there are design and machining changes that need to be made to make an engine designed exclusively for auto usage compatible with a manual.

Ford probably just doesn’t have enough of a business case to make the changes of adding another variant of the 2.7 engine to their production line. (For reference, the 2.3 has always been available with a manual or auto, so they don’t need to make any major changes to it)

Also, Ford has been going wild with dealer installed tunes that let you keep your warranty, and a tuned 2.7 would definitely exceed that manual transmissions rating.

Another reason is that the bellhousing is integrated into the transmission housing, so they would need another variant of the mti550, and there probably isn’t enough of a business case for that either.

vargo_939

Base
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What's the full story on the rear seats in the 2-door? And when can we order Velocity Blue? Also, why the hell isn't the auto swaybar available for all trims?
I am concerned with the rear seats on the 2 door as well. Can an adult fit back there or to have usable rear seats do you need to purchase a 4 door? I prefer the look of the 2 door and have reserved one already.

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can they try to get a true representation for us of any of the colors? ??

Thank you ?
What's the full story on the rear seats in the 2-door? And when can we order Velocity Blue? Also, why the hell isn't the auto swaybar available for all trims?
yes! rear seats in the 2door...what is their folding ratio? ?

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, BMW R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would also like information on the two door rear seats if they fold flat and if they are removable at least by unbolting them. Also the color accented interior pieces will they change with the color of the exterior paint? For instants the black diamond had blue accents won’t look right with red paint

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Will the rear quarter windows be removable on all hard tops without removing the top?
This most def!! Sounds like it’s going to be a cool event! Can’t wait to hear what kinda info y’all come back with!!

Status
Not open for further replies.