Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Toyota FJ60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive noticed that the front factory roof rack for the bronco attaches to the window frame, and the rear attaches to to the roof in a more standard roof mount. It looks like the only way to go fully topless while having a roof rack is to undo the front roof rack mounts to the windshield frame. Does anyone know how it attaches to the frame and how easily/quickly it comes on and off? It seems a bit disparaging to go with a factory roof rack that would possibly have so much work to remove if you wanted to go fully topless. Versus buying an aftermarket rack that could just come off with the tops
Sponsored

Hermit

Badlands
First Name
Benjee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nimbus 3000
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That deff will be interesting to see what you do with the roof rack!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assume it'll be with those Bronco Torx bolts. It looks attached to the rear part of the hardtop roof, the clamshell, which is a beast to remove on a Jeep, so... it's kind of the price you pay

jbe89

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Purely speculation but I'm thinking it is going to be easy on and off. My guess is that the rack will attach with a hook above the windshield, slide into place. The only alternative I've come up with is that it bolts on but at least on the prototypes with good views there is no accessible interior bolts that could work, so it would mean needing to remove interior trim, so I don't think that is the case, or at least I sure hope not. The rear mounting points should be just like Jeep's OEM crossbars for Wrangler, they just clamp on the roof, in that case to the rain gutter, in this case to cutouts.

Broncie

Raptor
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Roof Rack 1F1E1392-E787-46D1-A257-40A02DFD09CC

This roof rack patent from last year from a quick glance seems it might have bolts on the outside covered by caps that can be removed?

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Purely speculation but I'm thinking it is going to be easy on and off. My guess is that the rack will attach with a hook above the windshield, slide into place. The only alternative I've come up with is that it bolts on but at least on the prototypes with good views there is no accessible interior bolts that could work, so it would mean needing to remove interior trim, so I don't think that is the case, or at least I sure hope not. The rear mounting points should be just like Jeep's OEM crossbars for Wrangler, they just clamp on the roof, in that case to the rain gutter, in this case to cutouts.
I think you're pretty close.

Here is what's under that cover, so I definitely agree the front will hook on under that mount there.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Roof Rack 1595661040502

The bolts here on the top of the front look to be for accessories, not for attaching the rack...

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Roof Rack 1595661244687

These bolts on the top of the back are more intriguing, though. At first I thought perhaps they bolt into the top. But looking at the next picture from the side.....

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Roof Rack 1595661388499

I'm think that you're right - that it clamps on somehow, and perhaps those bolts on the top of the rear supports are to tighten the clamp? Because otherwise, you'd have a hole in your roof if/when you take the rack off, which wouldn't be ideal.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Roof Rack 1595661314032

<BlckDiamond>

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
. . . . . . . . . IG #MrSterX5 and #Mk5Cady
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Saw this scrolling through facebook... It's like the go pro accessories of roof racks.
Thought I place it here so I don't lose it when considering OEM or aftermarket.

Watch this video on YouTube.
Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d really like a rack just over the rear most portion of the 4 door roof. I don’t need that much rack space, and wanna still have nice easy removal with nothing in the way.

Sgtt45

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep and Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So the front and second row panels will be able to be removed without taking the rack off? It look like to take the rear panel off the rack may have to be removed.

Sponsored

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the front and second row panels will be able to be removed without taking the rack off? It look like to take the rear panel off the rack may have to be removed.
It does seem like it was designed for this. There’s a picture somewhere of a 4 door without the front and mid panels and a rack. Implying you can remove them without removing the rack. I’m sure it’s a bit of gymnastics to get the curve past the rollbar and under the rack.

Sergio El Bailador

Black Diamond
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The ability to remove the front 3 roof panels with the roof rack on is awesome - hopefully that's the case. The dynamic load rating campared to the Wrangler makes me think that load was a trade-off to the flexibility it offers.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This pics does not look good in terms of lack of water drainage. A good downpour and there could be at least an inch sitting up there

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Roof Rack 1595732443274

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Would be sweet if the rack could attach to the roll bar if the entire roof was off as well.
I agree that would be ideal. But even if not then being able to have the rack on with just the front panels off and also being able to take the whole roof and rack off easily if you want is still pretty good.
Sponsored