Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Corvette Grand Sport, 2005 Ford Focus SES
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ease of roof panel removal is a must for me. If the roof rack makes it more than a couple minute job or requires tools, I'd probably pass on the rack and come up with a different solution for cargo carrier/kayaks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ColoradoDad

ColoradoDad

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Toyota FJ60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well after the Twitter AMA for the Bronco, it looks like only the roof panels above the front seats will be removable. On the 4 door the roof panel above the rear passengers cannot be removed with the roof rack installed.

looks like I won’t be getting a factory roof rack. I’m going to pray that Garvin makes an expedition roof rack that attaches at the base of the windshield and to the frame in the rear, like they do for the Wrangler.

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ease of roof panel removal is a must for me. If the roof rack makes it more than a couple minute job or requires tools, I'd probably pass on the rack and come up with a different solution for cargo carrier/kayaks.
The ol rope and pool noodle trick works for hardtops

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ability to remove the front 3 roof panels with the roof rack on is awesome - hopefully that's the case. The dynamic load rating campared to the Wrangler makes me think that load was a trade-off to the flexibility it offers.
Only the front drivers and passengers panels will be removable on both 2 and 4 door with rack installed.
Sponsored