Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150 1955 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still not able to mount on 2.7 Correct???
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stage 3 Motorsports

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door 2.7L Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is correct, they are supposedly working on a 2.7 version.

dougiefresh

Outer Banks
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Stage 3 Motorsports I ordered a hidden winch mount kit from Stage 3 Motorsports beginning of March and just got to installing the kit this weekend. It seems like the winch kit that I got is actually different than the ones within the pictures in both your website and Rough Country's website. The winch skid plate does not line up with the bumper, instead it sits about 2 inches behind the bumper - see pictures below for reference. It did come with an extra piece (the instructions says nothing about this piece), I can see where it would go, however, the screws to attach this piece were not within the package I received. Could you tell me if this I received a wrong item? Has the design changed?

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

OP
OP
Stage 3 Motorsports

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Stage 3 Motorsports I ordered a hidden winch mount kit from Stage 3 Motorsports beginning of March and just got to installing the kit this weekend. It seems like the winch kit that I got is actually different than the ones within the pictures in both your website and Rough Country's website. The winch skid plate does not line up with the bumper, instead it sits about 2 inches behind the bumper - see pictures below for reference. It did come with an extra piece (the instructions says nothing about this piece), I can see where it would go, however, the screws to attach this piece were not within the package I received. Could you tell me if this I received a wrong item? Has the design changed?
My guess is that that is a newer design that they have not yet updated, I would suggest contacting RC directly as I Only have available the information they have out which is of no help in this situation.

Frank

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

MaximumEffort

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Found this pic on Instagram today. Would love to know how they mounted it within the bumper, but they don’t seem to reply to questions lol.

E51991C0-0425-4517-B896-20E042CC373C.png

Reactions: Jdc

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg
That spare lip bolts to the top of the skid plate to fill the gap you are mentioning. The holes appear to be spaced accordingly.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My guess is that that is a newer design that they have not yet updated, I would suggest contacting RC directly as I Only have available the information they have out which is of no help in this situation.

Frank
Hold on, the guy buys this product from you and you are sending him to RC???? Im pretty sure, if that is your response…note to self, dont buy anything from @Stage 3 Motorsports

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, you remind me of Goodyear

I had an SRT8 charger
Wheels were not true
I called Goodyear and they told me contact my local Goodyear dealer. He got a set, they weren’t round either
Goodyear kept telling me to deal with the dealer
I literally asked them why? Unless he was molding f’ng tires in the shop he was just the middle man.
They finally figured it out

Last edited:

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like you got the newer version that has a plate that goes between the plastic bumper and the winch skid/front. In Northshore Bronco video he installed it by accident and did not need it for the modular bumper and had to take it off.

This is a GOOD sign for us modular bumper owners that the new part is in inventory that works with both the plastic bumper and mod.

I would not expect a vendor to know every revised detail for every product sold. The revision is the first I have seen outside of the brand ambassador Northshore who did not know for sure when he installed...take it easy and let's not drive away vendors.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stage 3 Motorsports

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hold on, the guy buys this product from you and you are sending him to RC???? Im pretty sure, if that is your response…note to self, dont buy anything from @Stage 3 Motorsports
Don't take my post as a lack of willingness or help, but if Rough Country has a design change and doesn't update any of their information I am of little help, Rather than call them and relay information he can make a phone call and find out the proper info direct from the source and if something is missing they can get it right out to him. Its not a lack of help but the fastest route to a resolution that I suggested.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't take my post as a lack of willingness or help, but if Rough Country has a design change and doesn't update any of their information I am of little help, Rather than call them and relay information he can make a phone call and find out the proper info direct from the source and if something is missing they can get it right out to him. Its not a lack of help but the fastest route to a resolution that I suggested.
I will say ok, but you are the reseller and RC is the OEM, how I understand that going directly to the manufacturer is one way to go, the pure fact that the customer said…I got it from you, means, and I could be wrong, you fix it. Just an observation

dougiefresh

Outer Banks
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Update on my missing parts. I called up RC and they did confirm I have the newer and updated version of the winch mount. They sent me the 5 nuts and bolts that were missing and I was able to successfully install on my Bronco. I think it came out great! I went with the Harbor Freight Apex Badland and can confirm that it fits in the RC winch mount.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount & Skid Plate Kit 51054 CB649C84-3DF6-423B-806E-B4FA0697E66F

OP
OP
Stage 3 Motorsports

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update on my missing parts. I called up RC and they did confirm I have the newer and updated version of the winch mount. They sent me the 5 nuts and bolts that were missing and I was able to successfully install on my Bronco. I think it came out great! I went with the Harbor Freight Apex Badland and can confirm that it fits in the RC winch mount.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount & Skid Plate Kit 51054 CB649C84-3DF6-423B-806E-B4FA0697E66F
Glad they took care of it and everything worked out, Looks great!
Sponsored