Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Frank,

Please reach out to RC and ask them provide a short video that shows how one would "just reach under the bumper" to operate the brake release clutch lever as was stated by in post by "Teewsda". From the pictures in your original post and the installation instructions the winch clutch release lever appears to completely inaccessible.
Screenshot_20211002-113229_Messages.jpg
Sponsored

Teewsda

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My mistake 3/8th inch steel on winch tray.(y)

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OMG that's Fugly... It's like they went, " Oh shit we forgot to leave space to fit a winch, no problem we will just add a shelf on the bumper and put the winch on it "
:sick:
I like it! lol

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, yes, yes. I had something similar on a couple Bronco II's and a Ranger, very nice. Folks will say it hangs too low, and for deep mud maybe, but if you're crashing into rocks there your not going anywhere anyway. Only issue for me is I've ordered the Blue Ox Towing Base plate which mounts to the same locations. It's currently backordered and if it doesn't show up first I could get this and mount the towbar to the shackle points.

EDIT: One concern for using as a towbar mount, the instructions say to install the shackle mounts loosely then pull forward as far as possible, The holes are slotted and would work fine when pulling, but might not hold in braking when the towed pushes forward.
I see the bolt heads on the bottom (see the shiny silver heads?) needing to be replaced by a stove bolt head better to resist being drug over rock with less damage.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Awesome design but I get what everyone is saying about RC quality and approach angle. However, I’m gonna look cool as hell picking up my kids from school. Don’t hate…just wish it was compatible with the Mod bumper.
They are working on a part number to be compatible with the mod bumper. Regarding some of the other critiques, there are compromises in every design this one is less expensive and seems to leave all the sensors untouched. There may be some reduction in theoretical approach angle (to a shelf/wall, much less if any vs a large rock or obstacle on one side). Granted the low mount could be an issue in extreme circumstances - can we create a shame-free space between "mall-crawler" and "super-extreme performance off road machine"?

Sponsored

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't scan the whole thread so forgive me if this was already mentioned, but in the Jeep world Rough Country is known for being a bottom of the barrel supplier in terms of quality. There are some pretty cheap Jeeps out there and RC has its place for those on a budget but if you're running a nice high end truck like a Bronco, you might want to consider better quality stuff. I certainly wouldn't have anything made by RC attached to my truck, especially something critical such as winch-related gear.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well this is great news. Anyone who ordered the Lux package now have the option of a winch without sacrificing the front camera. Necessity truly is the mother of invention!! More research is needed but This is on my list. Not sure if this will fit on modular bumper.
With the exception of it appearing to not with w/ 2.7 & town package and is their winch submersible in water?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With the exception of it appearing to not with w/ 2.7 & town package and is their winch submersible in water?
The HF one is submersible. Mine arrived today, just have to drive 6 hours to get home now.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, let's start with this, typical Rough Country QC with a number of blemishes, minimal quality control, and lame packing. It's not all downhill from there, because a little black spray paint is likely to rectify those small flaws. However there are a few things that need to be said with regards to the plate thickness and other small details.

First, it isn't 3/8" (0.375") plate, get that idea out of your mind straight away. The skid plate is 3.2mm (0.125") thick and the winch mount is 5mm (0.196") thick. However, the way it mounts may provide sufficient strength given the design when winching something near the weight of the Bronco. It certainly would be easy to add an additional plate to add stiffness to the mount itself with minimal effort and at minimal cost. The skid plate has a line that looks like a crack, but I suspect it is a poorly grinded weld, but I don't expect it to impact functionality. Like I said, minimal quality control.

The recessed opening does not match the Badlands Apex 12000S winch Fairlead plate, however the bolt holes line up fine and allow installation of the Apex Fairlead plate. Also, the Apex Badlands 12000S winch fits perfectly into winch mount with no issues. See attached photos for pictures of everything.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions. Ya, I am not sending it back, but it could have been a little bit nicer than how it showed up. Not disappointed, but at the same time, not blown away.

20211003_211535.jpg

20211003_211555.jpg

20211003_211601.jpg

20211003_212144.jpg

20211003_212159.jpg

20211003_213942.jpg

20211003_214336.jpg

Sponsored

OB121

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Expedition 2021 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does your Bronco have the trans oil cooler in between the frame extensions? I have a 4D with the 2.7L and it does.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, let's start with this, typical Rough Country QC with a number of blemishes, minimal quality control, and lame packing. It's not all downhill from there, because a little black spray paint is likely to rectify those small flaws. However there are a few things that need to be said with regards to the plate thickness and other small details.

First, it isn't 3/8" (0.375") plate, get that idea out of your mind straight away. The skid plate is 3.2mm (0.125") thick and the winch mount is 5mm (0.196") thick. However, the way it mounts may provide sufficient strength given the design when winching something near the weight of the Bronco. It certainly would be easy to add an additional plate to add stiffness to the mount itself with minimal effort and at minimal cost. The skid plate has a line that looks like a crack, but I suspect it is a poorly grinded weld, but I don't expect it to impact functionality. Like I said, minimal quality control.

The recessed opening does not match the Badlands Apex 12000S winch Fairlead plate, however the bolt holes line up fine and allow installation of the Apex Fairlead plate. Also, the Apex Badlands 12000S winch fits perfectly into winch mount with no issues. See attached photos for pictures of everything.

Feel free to hit me up with any questions. Ya, I am not sending it back, but it could have been a little bit nicer than how it showed up. Not disappointed, but at the same time, not blown away.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount & Skid Plate Kit 51054 20211003_214336

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount & Skid Plate Kit 51054 20211003_214336

I didn't realize that the winch was cradled so tightly. What are the dimensions in between those wings? (How long and wide can a winch be and still fit)

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does your Bronco have the trans oil cooler in between the frame extensions? I have a 4D with the 2.7L and it does.
Don't have my Bronco yet, but I am going to assume that it will. So I have to figure that little issue out once it shows up. I am pretty sure that I am going to have to re-route things to make this work, or I will have to find a different solution.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't realize that the winch was cradled so tightly. What are the dimensions in between those wings? (How long and wide can a winch be and still fit)
I probably have almost a 1/2" clearance on each side of the HF winch, but I wouldn't want to try to stuff anything bigger than it in there. I am at work so I can't actually measure the distance between the wings.

According to the HF manual it is 23.2" long and 6.67" wide.