Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not an experienced off-roader and never used a vehicle wing before. But I am an engineer and I would think the line location would be better with this solution vs factory mount. Lower mounting location should provide additional lift on the front end (or at the very least provide less downward force) depending on the winch point. Lift the Bronco up and over obstacles vs. through obstacles
Sponsored

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't some winches have wireless controllers? I'd probably use a Warn since accessing the winch is going to be a pain, not something I'd want to have to do if I needed to repair or replace it, I understand the Rough Country winches kindof are unreliable (or so I've read).

The beauty of this system is that it works with stock bumpers, but more significantly, works with the Lux packages and doesn't interfere with the camera or ACC. So far it is the only mounting system to meet all those requirements.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a nice solution for for 90% of the times when winch use is needed, but for hardcore rock crawling or desert running it does need to be a bit higher.

I do have one concern about this. After reading the install instructions, it says to mount the control connector through the plastic radiator cover under the hood…does that mean the hood has to be open to plug in the controller and if so, how the hell do you steer and use the vehicle power from the drivers seat while controlling the winch if you can’t see through the open hood? Did I miss something here?
Well they do have some sort of extension cable for the winch; however, my biggest concern is probably access to the winch clutch handle. Right now, my solution is to find a way to put an actuator on it to engage/disengage the clutch. As far as the controller, the HF is wireless, so that problem is solved.

The fact that it would work with the ACC and other LUX features is what really made me jump at it (and honestly, the price was reasonable too).

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The beauty of this system is that it works with stock bumpers, but more significantly, works with the Lux packages and doesn't interfere with the camera or ACC. So far it is the only mounting system to meet all those requirements.
I'm not sure about the ACC. It pushes up the intercooler using a spacer. If that also pushes up the ACC sensor that may be an issue that will need a workaround.

How in the hell are you supposed to release the clutch??
Power in. Power out. Or add an expensive clutch control solenoid or manual lever extension.
Some winches will power out pretty quickly when unloaded, but it may still be a few minutes.

Sponsored

LatinoComedian

Badlands
First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge, 2021 Mustang Mach-e First Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another, more affordable for winch mount for those in the market.

2021 Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount & Skid Plate Kit 51054

1633036438005.png

2021 Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount Features:
  • Adds clean, low-profile winch mounting and protection
  • Compete winch mount and skid plate kit
  • High and tight install under the stock bumper
  • Compatible with Rough Country 9500S and 12000S winches
  • Requires minor frame trimming for installation
  • Comes with install hardware and instructions
  • Will not fit Bronco Sport
Adds a Clean, Low-Profile Mount for Rough Country's Winches on your 2021 Bronco
The 2021 Broncos may be able to hit the dirt and the trails straight off the showroom floor, but tackling tough terrain without a good plan B and a good recovery solution is never a good idea. The Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount Kit for 2021 Broncos gives your aggressive, off-road Bronco build some extra protection and an extremely clean, low-profile mounting solution for one of Rough Country's high-quality winches or similarly-sized winches. The Rough Country Bronco Hidden Winch Mount tucks tight under your 2021 Bronco's front bumper and features a cutout for a fairlead and is even compatible with Rough Country's Tow Hook Shackle Conversion kit so that you get a bunch of different recovery options. Each mount and skit plate has an awesome, angular design that gives your 2021 Bronco a vicious, tough look that is sure to turn some heads. The winch mount includes an integrated skid plate to replace the factory guard panel and installs using a combination of the stock mounting mounting points and included hardware, though some frame trimming is required for final installation. Complete Winch Mount Kit with Integrated Skid Plate made from Powder Coated Steel
The Rough Country Bronco Hidden Winch Mount is built extremely tough so that it can handle and survive tough off-road and overland applications without letting you down. Both the winch mount and the skid plate are made entirely out of steel and come topped off with a textured black powder coat finish that keeps them protected from corrosion in almost any climate and application. The skid plate comes with laser-cut "RC" lettering that gives the entire kit a great look. The winch mount was designed to work with Rough Country's 9500S winch or Rough Country's 1200S winch with synthetic ropes. The winch plate features a standard 10x4.5" bolt pattern, and other winches of similar dimensions to Rough Country's winches may fit. The Rough Country winch mount requires some frame cutting for installation and comes with install hardware and instructions.

Fitment:
  • 2021 Bronco 4-Door
  • 2021 Bronco 2-Door

Will only fit Broncos with tow hooks: this kit will only fit 2021 Bronco models with OEM tow hooks.
Will not fit Bronco Sports: this hidden winch kit will not fit Bronco Sports.
Wow! I think this is as sexy as my wife on Valentine's Day.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I reached out to ask if this will fit the mod bumper, I also asked if they would let me return it if it wouldn't fit my Badlands Sasquatch. I would be happy to be a test mule and see. My expectation is that Rough Country, like everyone else, is waiting on test vehicles with certain packages and builds and they don't know if it will fit yet.

I looked at the install instructions and can't find a reason why it wouldn't unless the skid plate doesn't fit under the bumper properly, but it does look similar. My expectation is that it would fit UNLESS the mod bumper mounts using a bracket/bolt that is incompatible with the upper portion of the winch mount. The other bolt positions for the skid look the same.

I'm also leery of cutting those frame extensions. Another user here indicated they were used for manufacturing and given how thin they look, I can't imagine them being used for anything structural in the future. That said, it should be easy enough to mock it up and see if it would fit or not prior to cutting them off.
Just make a clean cut and weld back on if needed in the future đź‘Ť

BroncoRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you are doing anything other than an easy straight line pull, you need to be able to see how the line is wrapping on the drum. You also need easy and quick access to the clutch. A mount below the front bumper is more likely to submerse the winch in water and mud. It is hard/impossible to get to during a recovery in those environments. It subjects the line fairlead to way more potential for rock rash, which if you're using synthetic line, will ultimately damage or cut your line.

This is why the Ford (Warn?) OEM mount is the way that it is. Because of the sensors and intercooler design, they have a bumper which cannot accommodate a winch like a Jeep. Thus the next logical place is top mount, above the bumper, and in front of the grille, despite the fact that it juts out. It's also the reason to skip the 360 camera and forward collision sensor doodads.

One hopes that we will see an aftermarket mount that is similar to the Ford, but a bit tidier. The mounting points for the winch could easily be pulled an inch or more closer towards the grille. It also doesn't need that bash bar. I'm also not clear why they insist on displaying that mount with the Xeon-style integrated control pack. Those winches are overly gigantic. Just use a low profile M8000, XD9000, 9.5XP, or even 9.0RC--they are smaller and lighter weight, and the control pack can be tucked away somewhere else.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Another, more affordable for winch mount for those in the market.

2021 Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount & Skid Plate Kit 51054

1633036438005.png

More photos:

1633036438005.png

2021 Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount & Skid Plate Kit 51054 9.jpeg
2021 Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount & Skid Plate Kit 51054 7.jpeg

2021 Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount & Skid Plate Kit 51054 2.jpeg

2021 Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch Mount & Skid Plate Kit 51054 12.jpeg

Hmm, sorry, looks like a dumb idea to me. One of the great things about the Bronco, and which the designers worked hard on, is the approach angle. Approach angle is very important when actually going off road, which is when you might need a winch. This system ruins approach angle. Now, some might say that it doesn't hang down any lower then the front cross member, so ground clearance isn't affected. True. But approach angle is severely affected. The front cross member lifts up with the tires, which is why on the trail you put a tire on the high spots specifically to increase ground clearance. Approach angle is important because the tire isn't there yet to drive over the high spot.

Kinda cool looking. But dumb if you'll really go off road. Thing is, there are ways to increase vehicle capability in one area WITHOUT decreasing capability in another area. This product adds in one area, getting a winch, but detracts in another area, approach angle. Stick to products that increase, but don't also decrease.

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think this will also work with the Steel Bumper from Ford?

I know Im probably inviting having stones thrown at me, but, what does everyone think of the Badland brand that harbor freight sells. They have a chart that compares them to warn that seems pretty appetizing. I know you typically dont buy stuff from them that you think will last. Mainly one time use. But this branding seems to suggest otherwise.

Comments?
I bought a Badlands winch for my FJ40 this season to replace a failing winch before a trip. The positive reviews and the price were to good not to give it a try. I gotta say so far I love it. The wireless remote, that can be hardwired "if" there was a problem, it comes with all the stuff to remote mount the control box if you want. Perks you'd have to pay extra with other units. And in use, (and it got a great break-in) it worked fantastic! Line speed is great, good pulling power. If I had a gripe it was only having 80ft of line when I was used to more. (but it did come with 3/8" synthetic line).

Sponsored

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who’s got SEMA tickets? Stop by the RC booth and check this winch mount in person and give us feedback.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to see this mounting solution with the heavy duty steel modular bumper on a badlands.

Looks like it doesn't block camera or Lux package, so could be good for owners with Lux package.

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
best placement, looks, this is a winner. except when you try to drive through that puddle at the end of the driveway. j/k i would buy this and use the winch to tarzan over any deep water crossings.

Doetsch Off-Road

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.doetschoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4dr, 2021 Wildtrak, 2021 Rubicon 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will see for myself soon. Ordered 10 for the shop

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is so much better than the warn kit. Still waiting to see what the boys in the alley next to the Harbor Freight come up with :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored