Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speaking from some experience with Yakima bike racks and seeing how long that extension is I'd say there is a lot of movement that would make me very uncomfortable. Then again if I was towing those bikes pictured, I'd hope they just catapult off.

Will stick with my Kuat rack.
I'll check those out, thanks for the tip. My current and old yakima lower tier model has a lot of movement even without that extra extension. Not that its always the design fault, depends how well it mates up with the receiver too and how tight you can get it, but with that extra length it invites more sway for sure
Sponsored

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll check those out, thanks for the tip. My current and old Yakima lower tier model has a lot of movement even without that extra extension. Not that its always the design fault, depends how well it mates up with the receiver too and how tight you can get it, but with that extra length it invites more sway for sure
it seems to me Yakima has really been pushing lighter products. When it comes to bike racks in the last few years I've found the metal to be way lighter and have a lot of flex compared to other brands. Ultimately got rid of my Yakima and went with Kuat and there was an immediate difference in quality and stiffness in the rack. I do a lot of biking so it's a very critical tool for me.

tmcc71

Badlands
First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco, subaru outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wondewr if that rack swings awat from tailgate ro access cargo area

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Very nice! Unfortunately I need a bike rack for 2 ebikes this summer. So I'll get a heavy duty ebike hitch rack that will fit my F-150.

I'll have my bike rack long before I get my Bronco. Maybe I'll get an extension to fit the Bronco when I get it. But I don't like the idea of 100 lbs of bikes hanging on a bike rack with an extension. Another reason to keep the F-150 after I get the Bronco.

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am an avid mountain biker and will be using the hitch mount a ton for this.

Next they need to put on the 4 bike rack by Yakima and test it out with that extender and see what stress is on the frame. Add on the swing away to the hitch so that the tailgate can be opened up when the rack swung out (no way am I putting my nice mountain bike on a spare tire mounted setup).

Carreratime

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, '68 Alfa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Crazy! That's like 5 feet behind the truck. May as well be a trailer.

2021  BroncoBikeRack.g01.KGP.jpg

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Whooooooa, CG is really bad. Stretching it to be as long as a limousine with that bike rack is an interesting way to stimulate the mind and prevent mid-day naps.

Should "whatever color my dishwasher is" or "I don't know what color I want, i guess silver if you have it on the lot?" be too exciting for you, then CG comes in punching below it's pay grade to lull you to boredom.

Truly CG is the color for accountants, auditors, bean counters, bookkeepers or anybody who's job involves researching history via microfiche. (if you're too young to know what microfiche is, google it)

These sorts of paint colors are why Americans have difficulty moving back to a righthand lane after passing somebody, they have been lulled to sleep by boredom behind the wheel.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That sticks out quite a bit. Wouldn't you need a flag for that in some states?
There should be reflectors on your bike and there is the bright red Yakima logo. Should cover ya im most places.

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is the Yakima Dr Tray 2, and as noted, can be extended to carry 3 bikes. It is one of the sturdiest lighter "tray style" (vs hanging) racks available. I have had one for carrying multiple road or mountain bikes and it is made from aluminum. They also have a swing adapter that I am wondering whether it can be place instead of the extended. Normally, this rack tilts down to let your tailgate swing up, but that is not likely possible with a side swing gate. Their adapter might allow that. Curious what the limits will be on the ones you attach to the wheel - I'd trust it with my road bike but not likely the mountain...

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We recently caught this four-door Bronco Big Bend testing with a hitch-mounted Yakima bike rack. It’s our first look at a bike rack set up on the new Bronco, and gives us an idea of its application with the rear-mounted spare tire.

The bike rack is mounted to a Ford receiver extension, which comes in shorter versions for a less extended set up.
I won't be needing a bike rack but I love the Cactus Grey. This used to be my favorite color but the more I see it the more I like A51 and Carbonized Gray. Even Rapid Red is starting to creep into my color choices. Cactus just looks dingy or something to me. Can't put my finger on it but not sure it's a color I could love for 10 years or more

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

:ROFLMAO:
Whooooooa, CG is really bad. Stretching it to be as long as a limousine with that bike rack is an interesting way to stimulate the mind and prevent mid-day naps.

Should "whatever color my dishwasher is" or "I don't know what color I want, i guess silver if you have it on the lot?" be too exciting for you, then CG comes in punching below it's pay grade to lull you to boredom.

Truly CG is the color for accountants, auditors, bean counters, bookkeepers or anybody who's job involves researching history via microfiche. (if you're too young to know what microfiche is, google it)

These sorts of paint colors are why Americans have difficulty moving back to a righthand lane after passing somebody, they have been lulled to sleep by boredom behind the wheel.
WTH are you talking about? ;). Agree completely.... when I first saw CG with the nintendo interior and white top I was loving it and thinking of some whit fenders to round out the look. Now the CG is really GC and there's no Nintendo interior or white top available. White fenders I can probably buy off an OB owner or spray paint in my backyard with some rustoleum but that color continues to get worse!

I'm almost done with CG and am betting that I will shift to the A51 dark side!!! Why? Cause I hate math!

CaseyH

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4, Camaro, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sticks out quite a bit. Wouldn't you need a flag for that in some states?
Most bike racks have markers built into them. All 3 of the racks I have all have reflectors on them.

The rack they show there has red reflective tape on the bottom. I am guessing that meets the requirements.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seeing this really makes me wish they offered Lead Foot Gray for the Bronco. Anytime I see that on the F150, Raptor etc. It looks amazing. CG is a mystery depending on light.
Sponsored