Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We recently caught this four-door Bronco Big Bend testing with a hitch-mounted Yakima bike rack. It’s our first look at a bike rack set up on the new Bronco, and gives us an idea of its application with the rear-mounted spare tire.

The bike rack is mounted to a Ford receiver extension, which comes in shorter versions for a less extended set up.

2021  BroncoBikeRack.g05.KGP.jpg

2021  BroncoBikeRack.g00.KGP.jpg

2021  BroncoBikeRack.g01.KGP.jpg

2021  BroncoBikeRack.g02.KGP.jpg

2021  BroncoBikeRack.g03.KGP.jpg

2021  BroncoBikeRack.g04.KGP.jpg
? ??
Sponsored

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Truly CG is the color for accountants, auditors, bean counters, bookkeepers or anybody who's job involves researching history via microfiche. (if you're too young to know what microfiche is, google it)
You forgot “Federal Compliance Auditors”.

Full disclosure: I'm a federal compliance auditor, not a lawyer. And we already knew that a "painted white hard top will be an option".

Last edited:

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want to use a bike rack on mine, but not that one.

It hangs out the back at least six inches too far and I would rather have a lighter one that attaches to the bike frames and not the wheels. I also want to use a motorcycle hitch carrier - the type that attaches right under the engine. I don't intend to ever actually haul a trailer.

I'm annoyed that I don't have the option to get a hitch with a Base 2-door Sasquatch. I'll have to add an aftermarket one. The local dealer said they could do it.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would rather have a lighter one that attaches to the bike frames and not the wheels.
In the history of bike racks I've never heard anyone say this. The last thing I want is a rack that touches the frame anywhere. I especially hate hanging them by the frame and the hassle that comes along with securing them.

Is it the weight? A comparable tray rack and a frame rack is only like a 20lb difference.

Sponsored

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are we sure this is CG? Here it looks great:
1610133663015.png

The B&P looks like like mint chocolate chip ice cream:
1610133798279.png
Maybe they had the sense to change it - you can actually see the "grey" in it in the winter light.

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In the history of bike racks I've never heard anyone say this. The last thing I want is a rack that touches the frame anywhere. I especially hate hanging them by the frame and the hassle that comes along with securing them.

Is it the weight? A comparable tray rack and a frame rack is only like a 20lb difference.

Especially carbon fiber frame.

Kinda funny, the Big Bend SAS driving to take a couple bikes to the paved bike trail. Where as I'll drive my "mall crawler" Outerbanks with mountain bike out to the wilds.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why does this soft top have so much slack on the rear section?
I’ve seen other examples where the soft top looks tighter/better fit. But then there have been a few like this.

I really want a soft top, but seems like they are struggling to get the correct fit.
The bronco they used for the “how to take the top off video” had a much better fit.

Sponsored

KH_59

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anybody besides me wondering why the extension and rack seem to be angled down several degrees? Just a "loose fit" of the tubing in the receiver, or is the receiver itself at an angle?

Looks weak/distorted....I prefer them level with the world.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) 1610155244972

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anybody besides me wondering why the extension and rack seem to be angled down several degrees? Just a "loose fit" of the tubing in the receiver, or is the receiver itself at an angle?

Looks weak/distorted....I prefer them level with the world.

1610155244972.png
Its because they are using an 18" hitch extender to clear the spare tire, each connection has a little slop. The 18" one was not enough for my sailboat so I extended mine 4 feet (the trailer tounge).

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) CP SunCat 3e

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man I am contemplating getting a tray for four bikes...if I do that thing will stick out a mile behind the Bronco.

revans1009

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, 2012 Caravan
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
ext needed not good
I thought the same thing as I have (and often use) a 4-bike Saris carrier. It wouldn't work without the extension with the spare there.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I want to use a bike rack on mine, but not that one.

It hangs out the back at least six inches too far and I would rather have a lighter one that attaches to the bike frames and not the wheels. I also want to use a motorcycle hitch carrier - the type that attaches right under the engine. I don't intend to ever actually haul a trailer.

I'm annoyed that I don't have the option to get a hitch with a Base 2-door Sasquatch. I'll have to add an aftermarket one. The local dealer said they could do it.
I think it needs to hang out that far so it can be folded-up - a nice feature.
Sponsored