Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Leak? What was leaked? A bucking horse video tells me nothing new but rather gives me the feeling Ford is trading in shiny beads and trinkets rather than real mechanical prowess.
**Looks at the Mustang GT-350/500 digital intros** "yea what a poser, this vehicle certainly cant perform on the track or strip"

Not demons, but experiential. I researched, saw, touched and drove JL's. Because I've seen first hand Ford kick Jeep's ass in the past by fixing what was wrong with Jeeps; I assumed they were going to do it again by fixing (in my mind) what was wrong with JL's.
Well that was easy because the old jeeps kinda sucked A$$ unless they were up fitted with GM/Ford hardware... They had practically nothing but affordability and image. Ford just used its own hardware from scratch and voila...

As for the new JL, Bronco had started down its extensive design process well before the JL was officially revealed... so the best they could do at the time was guess what Jeep was going to improve on. I know for a fact that when the JL was revealed that was all the rage in the Bronco circles, talking about what they did right/wrong. The JL is undeniably and objectively a significant net improvement over the JK, which was similarly a net improvement over any previous Wrangler.

The feeling I'm getting in this current generation is totally clueless what it takes to build a good Bronco. Sure, they can build what they want, but don't call it a Bronco when they are really building a new Explorer.
We have an explorer... lol and that itself is a significant improvement over the previous generation which most agreed was too "suburban". I love this idea that "what it takes to build a good Bronco" is somehow tribal knowledge that no engineer under 75 can understand. By that logic it seems that those over 75 forget "what it takes to build a legal saleable vehicle". or "what it takes to build a vehicle capable of more than 150k without a rebuild" or "what it takes to build a vehicle people want to buy"

Ford is a business, not a charity. They would rather build 150k+/yr Wrangler competitors at a huge profit than hand out 5k Wrangler KILLERZ at a total loss and scrap the program.

And to a previous remark, to think that Ford would throw on HD axles on a midsize frame from launch is laughable.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And then another Ford exec was talking about how the Bronco would have all the accouterments demanded by today's drivers. Basically, a lot of people (not so much me) like all the electronic bling, comfort items, etc. They love all the gadgets. This screen graphic - I don't even own a car that has that type of thing. And I don't care about it. But I realize - many people do. And I worry about the cost of the new Bronco for people like me who want a more basic off-road vehicle without all the bling.
I'm guessing the 2025 Bronco "refresh" will delete the vehicle entirely and substitute a pair of VR goggles. All this meaningless BS being added is just something to drive sticker cost/margin & repair bills.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree we should let the product speak for itself...and we're just not there yet. But reality says this "entire group of people" has a pretty questionable track record. In addition to an individual product, you judge a company by their overall financial success - and Ford isn't having much. Ford entered Y2K with a share price of $33.75, and today it's $9.13. Their own shareholder site shows Ford's 8-year financials compared to the S&P 500:

Compound Annual Growth Rate Ford 1.07% S&P 12.11%
Ending Investment on $10,000 Ford $10,887 S&P $24,946.12

I'm not down on the company, or I wouldn't be planning to buy a Bronco. But I am a little disappointed by the tech implications of even having a start-up video.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree we should let the product speak for itself...and we're just not there yet. But reality says this "entire group of people" has a pretty questionable track record. In addition to an individual product, you judge a company by their overall financial success - and Ford isn't having much. Ford entered Y2K with a share price of $33.75, and today it's $9.13. Their own shareholder site shows Ford's 8-year financials compared to the S&P 500:

Compound Annual Growth Rate Ford 1.07% S&P 12.11%
Ending Investment on $10,000 Ford $10,887 S&P $24,946.12

I'm not down on the company, or I wouldn't be planning to buy a Bronco. But I am a little disappointed by the tech implications of even having a start-up video.
Fordā€™s stock has been hammered because theyā€™ve been rebuilding from the ground up essentially. They are the first U.S. automaker to get rid of all their sedans but IMO it is going to pay off handsomely in the long term. Itā€™s costly right now from a revenue perspective but Iā€™m sure Ford would be more profitable to sell one Bronco vs. ten fiestas. So thatā€™s what theyā€™re moving to.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You all know that it was federally mandated that by 2018 ALL COMPLETE (not chassis only) VEHICLES SOLD IN THE US were required to have a rear camera right? The camera is necessary due to the increasing smaller greenhouse on vehicles coupled with a higher belt line. People also like not running over their kids if they can see behind them better...

Can you explain to me how a backup camera helps smaller greenhouse? and what is a Higher beltline?

I'm not knocking back up camera's
1. wish it wasn't in the tailgate so I could remove it.
2. wish I could actuate it when I'm driving to check trailer. I have one on my 15 Polaris slingshot it mounts to license plate frame but would love to check my trailer is ok occasionally.
less glass, higher window line, i.e. less visibility out the windows, especially the rear. Therefore cameras are starting to almost BE needed in order to not run people or things over in reverse.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I donā€™t think youā€™re understanding that the Bronco is a premium product to its core. Just like a Mustang, Ford Raptor, or even a JL Wrangler. It is not a reimagining of the rusted out ā€˜82 XLT your grandpa had as his hunting rig. One of the guys had the right idea with it, imagine if they had never stopped making these Broncos and just kept updating and making them nicer and better to compete with Jeep.
12849ac60b60dedcc745957c11209ee2.jpg

And to compete with Jeep, you gotta have the latest tech and a damn nice interior because the JL is nice as hell.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live in the south, ours don't rust out , we don't use salt, and how is it a premium product if it doesn't exist yet?
Ford already has the premium line its called a lincoln navigator, its actually a good buy as a used vehicle , v8
I see the jeep compass and patriot numbers are miniscule, (soccer mom types) compared to the wrangler models I would love to know those production numbers . which model sells best. im sure ford has all that info.
ā€œPremiumā€ doesnā€™t just mean luxury. The JL is premium. It shares no interior pieces with other vehicles, it has quality components both engine and suspension/frame and interior, Itā€™s built to last, itā€™s a good place to ā€œbeā€ in, it rides well for what it is, and has a lot of money dumped into its development...

JUST like a Raptor. Or a Mustang. Or the Bronco! Which are not luxury vehicles.

WOW...how long would the line be to buy one of these for $40K??
Ford is hoping itā€™s gonna be long as hell.
Sponsored