BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If this is legit how funny is it that the first leak is through the “electronics” that some people hate so much hahaha

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ3B Willys, 1G Bronco, TJ Jeep, Dodge Diesel.
If this is legit how funny is it that the first leak is through the “electronics” that some people hate so much hahaha
Leak? What was leaked? A bucking horse video tells me nothing new but rather gives me the feeling Ford is trading in shiny beads and trinkets rather than real mechanical prowess.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Leak? What was leaked? A bucking horse video tells me nothing new but rather gives me the feeling Ford is trading in shiny beads and trinkets rather than real mechanical prowess.
Maybe just wait until you see one in the flesh. Everything is speculation, yours tends radically towards the negative. I understand that is a common psychological buffer against perceived impending disappointment, but you take it to the level of clinical.

We fear what we don't understand. There's not even anything to base any understanding on at this point, I know it's nearing Halloween but give the demons in your head a rest.

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ3B Willys, 1G Bronco, TJ Jeep, Dodge Diesel.
Maybe just wait until you see one in the flesh. Everything is speculation, yours tends radically towards the negative. I understand that is a common psychological buffer against perceived impending disappointment, but you take it to the level of clinical.

We fear what we don't understand. There's not even anything to base any understanding on at this point, I know it's nearing Halloween but give the demons in your head a rest.
Not demons, but experiential. I researched, saw, touched and drove JL's. Because I've seen first hand Ford kick Jeep's ass in the past by fixing what was wrong with Jeeps; I assumed they were going to do it again by fixing (in my mind) what was wrong with JL's.

It sounds like Ford is going down the same path as Jeep. Ford can still keep their secrets by vaguely saying that the Bronco will have bigger/stronger axles than Jeep or ground clearance or approach angles or transfer case or engine or suspension or steering linkage. But no, they are saying nothing to keep my interest. Oh wait; how about: the Bronco will have the smallest 4 cylinder eco-boost engine they make. Wow, what great news! Oh, but it gets better, probably IFS!

The feeling I'm getting in this current generation is totally clueless what it takes to build a good Bronco. Sure, they can build what they want, but don't call it a Bronco when they are really building a new Explorer.

Sponsored

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Geez us!
I’m just in shock how fast this site took a total shit..
Honestly, this F’ing sucks!

If I wanted to hear about shit mobiles from the 70’s that had unreliable carbureted oil burning engines and crap differentials and no cup holders I wouldn’t be here.. I’m here to learn about current reliable stuff that you can actually drive over 50k miles without having to rebuild the engine or even do a tune up..
I lived through the 70’s! Those vehicles sucked balls compared to today’s vehicles!

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Geez us!
I’m just in shock how fast this site took a total shit..
Honestly, this F’ing sucks!

If I wanted to hear about shit mobiles from the 70’s that had unreliable carbureted oil burning engines and crap differentials and no cup holders I wouldn’t be here.. I’m here to learn about current reliable stuff that you can actually drive over 50k miles without having to rebuild the engine or even do a tune up..
I lived through the 70’s! Those vehicles sucked balls compared to today’s vehicles!
more reasons why his logic sucks, but oh well I don’t want to derail another thread couldn’t resist lol

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not demons, but experiential. I researched, saw, touched and drove JL's. Because I've seen first hand Ford kick Jeep's ass in the past by fixing what was wrong with Jeeps; I assumed they were going to do it again by fixing (in my mind) what was wrong with JL's.

It sounds like Ford is going down the same path as Jeep. Ford can still keep their secrets by vaguely saying that the Bronco will have bigger/stronger axles than Jeep or ground clearance or approach angles or transfer case or engine or suspension or steering linkage. But no, they are saying nothing to keep my interest. Oh wait; how about: the Bronco will have the smallest 4 cylinder eco-boost engine they make. Wow, what great news! Oh, but it gets better, probably IFS!

The feeling I'm getting in this current generation is totally clueless what it takes to build a good Bronco. Sure, they can build what they want, but don't call it a Bronco when they are really building a new Explorer.
Nearly all the off-road driving I've done has been of the rock crawling variety. Meaning typically slower travel over some very uneven terrain while exploring in the Rocky Mountains. So when some Ford people indicated the new Bronco will not be aimed at rock crawling, that was a red flag for me. I don't need a 4x4 to do pre-running at speed in some desert or dirt road. I hope the new Bronco will keep pace with the Wrangler off-road on technical trails. But I have some concern about the reported IFS and wheel travel.

And then another Ford exec was talking about how the Bronco would have all the accouterments demanded by today's drivers. Basically, a lot of people (not so much me) like all the electronic bling, comfort items, etc. They love all the gadgets. This screen graphic - I don't even own a car that has that type of thing. And I don't care about it. But I realize - many people do. And I worry about the cost of the new Bronco for people like me who want a more basic off-road vehicle without all the bling.

I've grown a bit pessimistic that Ford will produce a Wrangler killer or even competitor. But hope springs eternal, and when the new Bronco is finally released in year 2050, hopefully it will be a nice 4x4 for my future grandchildren. ;)
Sponsored