First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you all read the part about models ordered with lockers getting an iron diff and ones without getting a cast aluminum diff. If you offroad at all you really have to get lockers from the factory then. But no manual sasquatch soo will a front locker and better diff be an option, any thoughts?
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
where did you read this?

Did you all read the part about models ordered with lockers getting an iron diff and ones without getting a cast aluminum diff. If you offroad at all you really have to get lockers from the factory then. But no manual sasquatch soo will a front locker and better diff be an option, any thoughts?

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Naughtybits

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 2013 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That picture is the front axle of a Wrangler. Bronco has coilovers front and rear:
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Suspension, Chassis, Undercarriage Deep Dive Screenshot_20200717-180229_Samsung Internet
Nope, no linkage for the steering part of that equation.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How could this be a front axle from a jeep/other when there is no steering linkage?
That is the Bronco picture, I posted the wrong picture from the article at first that I have since corrected, sorry for the confusion.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thankyou

But yeah thats kinda screwy to me. Im trying to figure out if the 190 and 210 both come in aluminum and iron, or if the 190 is aluminum and the 210 is iron and standard anytime you get a locker?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thankyou

But yeah thats kinda screwy to me. Im trying to figure out if the 190 and 210 both come in aluminum and iron, or if the 190 is aluminum and the 210 is iron and standard anytime you get a locker?
To me that says that the 190 is aluminum and the 210 is iron.

I’m REALLY hoping ford is figuring out a “Sasquatch lite” for the manual or something because that is even worse to hear than just the 190 vs 210. At least a Jeep Dana 30 doesn’t have an aluminum dif.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never seen exhust or a trailer tow on a front axle. You guys are smoking too much. LOL

Sponsored

Hdp

Black Diamond
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'75 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did y"all see this in the article? Does it mean you can get sway bar disconnect without having to get the badlands package as long as you have "rock crawl" mode?

"The bar disconnects once you enter rock crawl mode, or if you press the bar disconnect button to activate it manually: the bar will be disconnected all the time the vehicle is below the speed threshold for bar to be disconnected (20mph). It will automatically disconnect / reconnect as the vehicle passes below / above the threshold. The disconnect/reconnect is controlled hydraulically, thus it will not block when under load. "

TXBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did y"all see this in the article? Does it mean you can get sway bar disconnect without having to get the badlands package as long as you have "rock crawl" mode?

"The bar disconnects once you enter rock crawl mode, or if you press the bar disconnect button to activate it manually: the bar will be disconnected all the time the vehicle is below the speed threshold for bar to be disconnected (20mph). It will automatically disconnect / reconnect as the vehicle passes below / above the threshold. The disconnect/reconnect is controlled hydraulically, thus it will not block when under load. "
No, I believe they were specifically referring to the Badlands trim in that quote. And from what I understand, you can only get the disco on the "unique" Badlands suspension...aka disconnect. But who knows any more ?

RAB123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RUBICON , 1980 BLAZER , OWNED LIKE 4 OF THE ORIGINAL BRONCOS
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
what makes the widtrak wider , is it the axles or just the wheel offset ?

If its just the offset , then all the sasquatches should be the same width ( widest ) ?

I'm thinking that the swaybar disconnect is only on the Badlands ?

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To me that says that the 190 is aluminum and the 210 is iron.

I’m REALLY hoping ford is figuring out a “Sasquatch lite” for the manual or something because that is even worse to hear than just the 190 vs 210. At least a Jeep Dana 30 doesn’t have an aluminum dif.
Ford does this with the Mustang 8.8 diffs. I can’t remember which models get which but I know that some are cast iron and some are aluminum. People trying to make big power have to make sure they get the right one
Sponsored