Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So how does all of this change since Sync 4 is standard across the f150 line up? No more “tech” package to go up a step. Probably will be the same on the Bronco.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
So how does all of this change since Sync 4 is standard across the f150 line up? No more “tech” package to go up a step. Probably will be the same on the Bronco.
This all reaffirms my belief that the Bronco 2 door will start closer to 35k

unless ford offers a XL type package (I HIGHLY DOUBT, no XL Explorer)

sounds like standard features include
-Sync 4 with over the air updates and 4GLTE
- 8” touch screen
- at minimum Ford 360 up to 360+ (hands free will likely be optional)
-Auto On and off headlights
- smart phone connectivity

all those features on a wrangler would take you over $40,000.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This all reaffirms my belief that the Bronco 2 door will start closer to 35k

unless ford offers a XL type package (I HIGHLY DOUBT, no XL Explorer)

sounds like standard features include
- 8” touch screen

all those features on a wrangler would take you over $40,000.
yeah, and if word is willing to sell vehicles with all of these goodies for the reasonable price of $5k less than the competition then I’m sure they will get sales. Also, it looks like Fordis really stepping up the safety game. I’m sure that’s a pure reason on why the f-150s headlights are huge, and all the new tech installed with big brother monitoring. I feel the Bronco should trump the Jeep in tue safety aspect.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
yeah, and if word is willing to sell vehicles with all of these goodies for the reasonable price of $5k less than the competition then I’m sure they will get sales. Also, it looks like Fordis really stepping up the safety game. I’m sure that’s a pure reason on why the f-150s headlights are huge, and all the new tech installed with big brother monitoring. I feel the Bronco should trump the Jeep in tue safety aspect.
headlights is what IIHS is really hammering cars on. You could have a perfect 5 star crash rating but not get a safety pick because of headlights.
so they should be big and bright!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bronco WILL NOT follow the same trim structure as any other Ford vehicle
I remember the 60's quite well; I'm down with no structure at all :)

Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just trolled myself a little bit. I live in a place where the best option for non-dial-up Internet is cellular hotspots, and I frequently use all of my 4G hotspot data on both my MiFi hotspot and my cell phone. I just had the thought "Hey, when I'm out of data now, I can just connect to the hotspot on my Bronco!"

How retarded is that? :p

Also, I'm pretty sure (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that actually having the 4G LTE active and usable requires paying an extra monthly subscription. If that's the case, is it locked to a particular provider, and if so, which one?

- 8” touch screen
A thing I could do without, but screens in new vehicles are unavoidable. I guess 8" is as close as we'll get to avoiding a brobdingnagian screen.

Please tell me that at least most of these nannies can be turned off.

I got stuck with a rental Camry one time that I had to figure out how to disable the lane departure warning on, because it would go off for no reason. For real, if I can't turn that off in the Bronco, I won't buy one.

One thing I miss about my Sonoma. My Tundra doesn't have them, and while I'm used to it now, I do miss the auto on/off headlights.

My Tundra has that! Well, OK, it has an aux port. And my phone doesn't have an aux jack, so I have to use a USB to aux adapter...and the USB port on my phone is broken, so I can't connect it to my truck anymore....

Seriously, though, this is a bit of tech that won't sell me on a car, but it won't make me refuse to buy one, either.

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The full size broncos had room for 5 plus more cargo than a 4dr jk. The ability to haul full sheets of plywood or 1000 plus lbs of stuff. As for driving, more lincoln like than a cj or yj. Heavy but not too heavy. And will follow a cj or yj on comperable tires about 92% as far as the jeeps go offroad. Also the new 4 door will be almost identical in size. New one will have more power but likely less payload, not by too much though. Really i think it will be like the fsb if you put a cage in one and added more crash safety stuff to the inside making the interior smaller.

I have been lining mine up with various rangers and they are quite similar in size. The new bronco 2 door will be the only one close to the small size agility of the early broncos.
Ok I am just gonna say it, the FSB was just a f-150 with bed cap on

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok I am just gonna say it, the FSB was just a f-150 with bed cap on
More than that it was a f150(the bees knees of trucks) with......
1 A shortened length and wheelbase
2 Better weight distribution(that cap makes it climb)
3 The versatility to suit both a family(secure dry space and seating)
4 and meet the needs of a work truck(payload, towing, and bedspace)
5 was super common to come with traction devices and offroad oriented shocks.

And what exactly is wrong with being sporty versatile version of the best selling truck in america for basically forever, that has deep aftermarket and parts source support, made be the greatest automotive company in the history of the world, with the best four letter word ever right there in front encircled by blue?

Tell me kind sir what is wrong with that?
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Trims and Pricing Guesstimates download
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Trims and Pricing Guesstimates download (1)
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Trims and Pricing Guesstimates download (3)
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Trims and Pricing Guesstimates download (4)

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
He might not be, but I am paying attention. ;)
I am listening.
I’m just in a “believe it when I see it” stage.

if there is a XL equivalent Bronco. Great all in! As long as it has decent suspension and at least front LSD. That’s what I would get.

but as of right now all signs to me point to no cheaper base model.

but who knows. The bronco will definitely have its own system

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just trolled myself a little bit. I live in a place where the best option for non-dial-up Internet is cellular hotspots, and I frequently use all of my 4G hotspot data on both my MiFi hotspot and my cell phone. I just had the thought "Hey, when I'm out of data now, I can just connect to the hotspot on my Bronco!"

Also, I'm pretty sure (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that actually having the 4G LTE active and usable requires paying an extra monthly subscription. If that's the case, is it locked to a particular provider, and if so, which one?

This is how I understand it:

The system has a Wifi or 4/5G antenna built into it that you can slave your phone to (to get to the internet) or you can connect to your wifi at home (my wife's Escape can get updates for Sync 3 that way)

The other thing to keep in mind-Bluetooth has bandwidth limitations. Just as an example, you can't run Waze via Carplay with Bluetooth, so you have to plug it in. Having a Wifi/Cellar antenna removes that issue (more bandwidth), so I'm hoping that I can put my phone on a wireless charger built into the dash, then connect up Waze to it for directions (because its going to eat the battery anyways) for a completely wireless solution.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is how I understand it:

The system has a Wifi or 4/5G antenna built into it that you can slave your phone to (to get to the internet) or you can connect to your wifi at home (my wife's Escape can get updates for Sync 3 that way)

The other thing to keep in mind-Bluetooth has bandwidth limitations. Just as an example, you can't run Waze via Carplay with Bluetooth, so you have to plug it in. Having a Wifi/Cellar antenna removes that issue (more bandwidth), so I'm hoping that I can put my phone on a wireless charger built into the dash, then connect up Waze to it for directions (because its going to eat the battery anyways) for a completely wireless solution.
according to the reveal that exactly how it will work. Using the cell data to connect and mirror your phone vs Bluetooth or cable. Kinda like how a smart TV works.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

according to the reveal that exactly how it will work. Using the cell data to connect and mirror your phone vs Bluetooth or cable. Kinda like how a smart TV works.
So it sounds like I cannot tether to my cell phone Hotspot and use the unlimited data I already have and that Ford is forcing you to have to pay for their cell service if you want to use the feature?

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So it sounds like I cannot tether to my cell phone Hotspot and use the unlimited data I already have and that Ford is forcing you to have to pay for their cell service if you want to use the feature?
No, not all all-this isn't OnStar or the like. All its doing is creating a network with the modem in the car.

All your data would come from your phone.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, not all all-this isn't OnStar or the like. All its doing is creating a network with the modem in the car.

All your data would come from your phone.
IM HOPING you can do that. Some systems won’t let you do it that way. Share data and info from the source. But we shall see.
Because I agree. I would not use the fords data plan if I had to.
Sponsored