MaverickMan

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj 80 amc eagle 85 cj7 laredo 79 ford quadravan(inoperable due to tragic fire)
The thunderbird was always a special car and the turbo coupe even more so. Always wanted one.

Advertisement

securitysix

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Yeah Im definitely on the low end of the economic spectrum of this forum, but ive never bought a car thinking of resale value.
Same. I drove a 4-banger Sonoma for 10 years. It had 140k on the odometer and was worth almost nothing when I traded it for my Tundra. I'd probably still have it, but I just didn't trust the longevity of that little 4 cylinder.

I've had the Tundra for 8.5 years now (its 9th birthday is December 29th). It's got over 135k on the clock, and while it hasn't been 100% problem free, I still trust that 4.6L V8 to continue chugging along. I have no plans to part with it.

It's going to be financially tough for me to afford a Bronco with no trade-in, but I've been saving my pennies, and I'm waiting for at least the second model year before I buy, so I have even more time to save.

OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, 2017 Honda Civic, 2019.5 Chevy Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I had a brain baby today when taking about the Mach 1.... what if the trims more resemble the style of the mustang.

2 Door or 4 Door

Street 2.3
Street 2.3 Premium
FX4 2.3
FX4 2.3 Premium
Tremor 2.3
Tremor 2.3 Premium
Tremor 2.7
Tremor 2.7 Premium
Raptor 3.0 (2023 MY)
Warthog/Rock King 3.0 (2023 MY RUMOR)

Last edited:

securitysix

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
I had a brain baby today when taking about the Mach 1.... what if the trims more resemble the style of the mustang.

2 Door or 4 Door

Street 2.3
Street 2.3 Premium
FX4 2.3
FX4 2.3 Premium
Tremor 2.3
Tremor 2.3 Premium
Tremor 2.7
Tremor 2.7 Premium
Raptor 3.0 (2023 MY)
Warthog/Rock King 3.0 (2023 MY RUMOR)
This is all fine by me, but I'd need to know the difference between FX4 and Tremor (these would be the trims I actually care about), and the difference between Premium and non-Premium.

Without further data, I would assume that "Premium" is more form than function (plush leather seats, high end audio, more refined interior).

With FX4 vs. Tremor, though, both would be offroad upgrades, but to what effect?

Maybe FX4 gets the beefier IFS we've seen, Tremor gets SFA, and everybody gets chairs thrown at them when they argue over which package is better?

Or does FX4 just get lift and better tires, but the same chintzy IFS as the base model and Tremor gets the beefier IFS we've seen, nothing gets SFA (until maybe the Warthog/Rock King), and everybody still gets chairs thrown at them because they'll complain that there's no SFA option while others tell them that you don't need SFA to drive to the mall?

OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is all fine by me, but I'd need to know the difference between FX4 and Tremor (these would be the trims I actually care about), and the difference between Premium and non-Premium.

Without further data, I would assume that "Premium" is more form than function (plush leather seats, high end audio, more refined interior).

With FX4 vs. Tremor, though, both would be offroad upgrades, but to what effect?

Maybe FX4 gets the beefier IFS we've seen, Tremor gets SFA, and everybody gets chairs thrown at them when they argue over which package is better?

Or does FX4 just get lift and better tires, but the same chintzy IFS as the base model and Tremor gets the beefier IFS we've seen, nothing gets SFA (until maybe the Warthog/Rock King), and everybody still gets chairs thrown at them because they'll complain that there's no SFA option while others tell them that you don't need SFA to drive to the mall?
premium vs non is all “features” options
leather vs cloth, led vs non, 10” vs 8” screen etc

FX4 vs tremmor is big deference.
fx4 would be just slightly better tires and suspension vs normal package (like the ford ranger)
where the “tremmor” package is what leaked out a few weeks ago. Large tires and bypass shocks

once again just guesses and placeholders for names

OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After watching the F150 debut. I 100% stand by guess that the BASE price of the Bronco will be
2 Door $35,000
4 Door $38,000

Bronc-O

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
Good news, you sir... are wrong. People are going to be quite happy.
By the time it's optioned the way I'd buy will likely end up at least $55k Even if they price below Wrangler which they probably won't will be that high for Comparable Sahara trim.

dmtndan

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
So how does all of this change since Sync 4 is standard across the f150 line up? No more “tech” package to go up a step. Probably will be the same on the Bronco.

OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So how does all of this change since Sync 4 is standard across the f150 line up? No more “tech” package to go up a step. Probably will be the same on the Bronco.
This all reaffirms my belief that the Bronco 2 door will start closer to 35k

unless ford offers a XL type package (I HIGHLY DOUBT, no XL Explorer)

sounds like standard features include
-Sync 4 with over the air updates and 4GLTE
- 8” touch screen
- at minimum Ford 360 up to 360+ (hands free will likely be optional)
-Auto On and off headlights
- smart phone connectivity

all those features on a wrangler would take you over $40,000.

dmtndan

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu

- 8” touch screen

yeah, and if word is willing to sell vehicles with all of these goodies for the reasonable price of $5k less than the competition then I’m sure they will get sales. Also, it looks like Fordis really stepping up the safety game. I’m sure that’s a pure reason on why the f-150s headlights are huge, and all the new tech installed with big brother monitoring. I feel the Bronco should trump the Jeep in tue safety aspect.

OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yeah, and if word is willing to sell vehicles with all of these goodies for the reasonable price of $5k less than the competition then I’m sure they will get sales. Also, it looks like Fordis really stepping up the safety game. I’m sure that’s a pure reason on why the f-150s headlights are huge, and all the new tech installed with big brother monitoring. I feel the Bronco should trump the Jeep in tue safety aspect.
headlights is what IIHS is really hammering cars on. You could have a perfect 5 star crash rating but not get a safety pick because of headlights.
so they should be big and bright!

laj.tuxmek

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST

- 8” touch screen

Again, the Bronco WILL NOT follow the same trim structure as any other Ford vehicle. And many of the things you just listed are becoming standard across all Ford vehicles and are relatively inexpensive to add to the vehicle. Economy of scale, my friend.

The Ford Bronco Will Be Revealed In...