First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
welL that’s because the fusion was/is on its last leg. but yes I’ve heard from multiple sources that ford wants to cut as much fluff from their line up as possible.

minimizing platforms. Maximizing modular parts. Cutting options in favor of trims. All to cut production costs down as much as possible. Because that’s all they can control any more. Can’t cut labor. Can’t cut RND. and can’t jack up prices more then they already have. So production is the last piece of the pie.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I actually did something similar back in September to estimate the cost of the Bronco based on the options I plan on checking the box next to. This is what I came up with.

My options that drove the prices up on the Jeeps were adding upgraded tires, 3 piece hard top and bikini top and trailer package.

The exploder was base price as was the 2 door sport s base. The Ranger was a lariat upgraded to crew cab and a LSD.

15924187549295436779756551759071.jpg

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will simply say this... IF... your numbers are even close to what Ford has planned for prices and what is available in which package. I believe I will purchase a used Mustang GT & maybe drive out to California to find a 90's Bronco without any rust on it.

If Ford EXPECTS us to spend $40k+ JUST to get a V6 over a 4 banger, Then they've missed the mark on the new Bronco and should've at least given us a FULL SIZE Bronco out of the gate. Not some Jeep knock-off with Ford badges on it.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Attached is a spreadsheet of the Jeep Wrangler JLU pricing and options vs what I think the Bronco will be.

You can see the Bronco will be more expensive however it will have better standard equipment and better options.

also note the “Trim names” for the Bronco are placeholders I till we get the official names.
What does GOAT Mode Mean? What do all these packages mean?

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will simply say this... IF... your numbers are even close to what Ford has planned for prices and what is available in which package. I believe I will purchase a used Mustang GT & maybe drive out to California to find a 90's Bronco without any rust on it.

If Ford EXPECTS us to spend $40k+ JUST to get a V6 over a 4 banger, Then they've missed the mark on the new Bronco and should've at least given us a FULL SIZE Bronco out of the gate. Not some Jeep knock-off with Ford badges on it.
I hated the 80's full size bronco on aesthetics alone - no Idea how it drove handled etc. just couldn't stand the looks - So I am pleased with the smaller options.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
So my only Complaint is how can 7K more than Jeep be a comparable price? I think your prices maybe high. At least I pray they are

Only 5% of all wranglers (2 and 4 door) are under 35k. And as you can see, Jeep makes you pay a lot for stuff that should be standard. Bigger touch screen, hard top, hard top liner, blind spot and parking sensors. Etc. most or all of that will be Standard on the Bronco.

so a $40,000 Jeep JLU would only cost $38,000 on a similar equipment Bronco.

that’s fords logic and it makes a lot of sense

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The average transaction price for a mid-sized SUV/crossover was $40k in December of 2019 so a well equipped Bronco coming in around there seems pretty spot on to me.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Only 5% of all wranglers (2 and 4 door) are under 35k. And as you can see, Jeep makes you pay a lot for stuff that should be standard. Bigger touch screen, hard top, hard top liner, blind spot and parking sensors. Etc. most or all of that will be Standard on the Bronco.

so a $40,000 Jeep JLU would only cost $38,000 on a similar equipment Bronco.

that’s fords logic and it makes a lot of sense
The problem I see here is, the "true" Jeep guys are only probably about 5% of actual purchasers. The other 95% consist of people that want a Jeep because it's cool.. I can take off the top and the doors and have that open experience. Ford is looking to LURE away Jeep people. And if at 1st glance the Bronco just does what a Jeep does but is $2-4k more to start, who's going to jump ship over to Ford? You can play salesman all you want and tell me how this is standard with Ford, but not with Jeep, but in the end I probably didn't even want that feature anyways. So it all boils down to what's it gonna cost me.

And before anyone takes this the wrong way, don't. I've always been a Ford guy and always will be. I personally can't stand Jeeps. But in the same breath, it's going to really piss me off if Ford is going to try and convince me that spending an extra few thousand bucks is worth it and I shouldn't be annoyed.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The average transaction price for a mid-sized SUV/crossover was $40k in December of 2019 so a well equipped Bronco coming in around there seems pretty spot on to me.
By the time desired options are added, I'm expecting well into $50's for mid to high trim street version.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The problem I see here is, the "true" Jeep guys are only probably about 5% of actual purchasers. The other 95% consist of people that want a Jeep because it's cool.. I can take off the top and the doors and have that open experience. Ford is looking to LURE away Jeep people. And if at 1st glance the Bronco just does what a Jeep does but is $2-4k more to start, who's going to jump ship over to Ford? You can play salesman all you want and tell me how this is standard with Ford, but not with Jeep, but in the end I probably didn't even want that feature anyways. So it all boils down to what's it gonna cost me.

And before anyone takes this the wrong way, don't. I've always been a Ford guy and always will be. I personally can't stand Jeeps. But in the same breath, it's going to really piss me off if Ford is going to try and convince me that spending an extra few thousand bucks is worth it and I shouldn't be annoyed.
Those are the people that buy a Wrangler Sport or Sport S. Bronco isn't gonna go there.
Sponsored