First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Attached is a spreadsheet of the Jeep Wrangler JLU pricing and options vs what I think the Bronco will be.

You can see the Bronco will be more expensive however it will have better standard equipment and better options.

also note the “Trim names” for the Bronco are placeholders I till we get the official names.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
my main complaint would be requiring a large screen in order to get the 2.7

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
my main complaint would be requiring a large screen in order to get the 2.7
Odds are the 2.7 will be a higher trim option.
Just like the 3.0 on the explorer
And 3.5 on the f-150

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very interesting, thanks for doing. One thought; haven't previous Ford "Fx4" packages been fairly tame? I'm thinking something like an XLT with the base Fx4 package, will have only a few add ons, such as some minor skid plates, probably a limited slip rear, a minor shock change, and changing the tires from an all season to an all terrain, but not in a large size, something like a 255/70-17? I don't think a "base" Fx4 would have 285 tires, but I guess we'll find out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very interesting, thanks for doing. One thought; haven't previous Ford "Fx4" packages been fairly tame? I'm thinking something like an XLT with the base Fx4 package, will have only a few add ons, such as some minor skid plates, probably a limited slip rear, a minor shock change, and changing the tires from an all season to an all terrain, but not in a large size, something like a 255/70-17? I don't think a "base" Fx4 would have 285 tires, but I guess we'll find out.
those were the tires that have been leaked out.

yes fx4 packages have been mild. But just trying to give you an idea.
Slightly better suspension, bigger tire. Better tires. Vs the street version. LSD

Then you still have hardcore version. Which turns it too 11.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maaaaan I hope you are wrong. Lol
I very well could be, BUT I’m going off of what ford is CURRENTLY doing in the new Escape and Explorer and even Ranger.

I’m thinking that the trims are what you get. Minimal options. That’s the trend most automakers are going.

keep the dealers happy because makes sales easier. And keeps the assembly line simple.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
It just keeps everything stupid simple.

base, decent equipment or luxury
Pick one.

street, all terrain or off road. Pick one.

done. then what colors available.

keeping ordering simple.

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really hope not, this would put it out of the range of being cross-shopped with the wrangler for many people.

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I very well could be, BUT I’m going off of what ford is CURRENTLY doing in the new Escape and Explorer and even Ranger.

I’m thinking that the trims are what you get. Minimal options. That’s the trend most automakers are going.

keep the dealers happy because makes sales easier. And keeps the assembly line simple.
I could be wrong but I am pretty sure I read on here awhile back that ford was going to do the opposite and make a lot of options À la carte.

If everything is packaged nicely then your spreadsheet is probably accurate. i am just hoping I can get a decent interior without having to spend 3,600$ on a “convenience/tech package”when I just want the GPS software integrated into the already upgraded screen and don’t care about cooled seats.

for my Silverado the way the packages were overlapping, I would have to get 2 packages totaling $5,800 to get all the features I wanted. The second package(I didn’t purchase) included gps SOFTWARE integration, forward parking sensor, and heated/cooled seats among other things that were already included in the package I did choose. I really wanted gps andparking sensor but it wasn’t worth the extra $3000.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I could be wrong but I am pretty sure I read on here awhile back that ford was going to do the opposite and make a lot of options À la carte.

If everything is packaged nicely then your spreadsheet is probably accurate. i am just hoping I can get a decent interior without having to spend 3,600$ on a “convenience/tech package”when I just want the GPS software integrated into the already upgraded screen and don’t care about cooled seats.

for my Silverado the way the packages were overlapping, I would have to get 2 packages totaling $5,800 to get all the features I wanted. The second package(I didn’t purchase) included gps SOFTWARE integration, forward parking sensor, and heated/cooled seats among other things that were already included in the package I did choose. I really wanted gps andparking sensor but it wasn’t worth the extra $3000.
ford is making more and more of its cars have blind spot sensors and gps Standards. It’s the bigger screen, XM ratio and driver assistance optional.

and yes the Bronco will have lots of options but more “bolt on Dealer” options like roofs, bumpers, grills, wheels, lights winches, doors, decals, rails, steps etc.

I didn’t include that because there is so many possibilities. And they will be included on most or all trims.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really hope not, this would put it out of the range of being cross-shopped with the wrangler for many people.
not really. Yes the base bronco will be mid to upper 30s BUT it comes with more stuff (and most of it is stuff people WANT anyway)

power windows locks, key fob, park sensors, hard top, Roof liner, auto transmission, to get that on Jeep it would cost almost 40k. That’s what fords goal is.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the hard work. Wish you would have called this "What I think the Price Spreadsheet might look like".

I got duped for a bit.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Those options may be the dealer installed variety, not what comes from the assembly line.
Sponsored