First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The problem I see here is, the "true" Jeep guys are only probably about 5% of actual purchasers. The other 95% consist of people that want a Jeep because it's cool.. I can take off the top and the doors and have that open experience. Ford is looking to LURE away Jeep people. And if at 1st glance the Bronco just does what a Jeep does but is $2-4k more to start, who's going to jump ship over to Ford? You can play salesman all you want and tell me how this is standard with Ford, but not with Jeep, but in the end I probably didn't even want that feature anyways. So it all boils down to what's it gonna cost me.

And before anyone takes this the wrong way, don't. I've always been a Ford guy and always will be. I personally can't stand Jeeps. But in the same breath, it's going to really piss me off if Ford is going to try and convince me that spending an extra few thousand bucks is worth it and I shouldn't be annoyed.
but that’s my point. Almost every Jeep on the lot has the equipment on it too.

In Toledo (Jeep USA) there are roughly 130 jeep wranglers for sale. 10 are under $37k! Even the Sport and Sport S have so many options they are around 40k!

Ford is more than willing to give up those ten buyer if it means getting those other 120 that are spending more.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hated the 80's full size bronco on aesthetics alone - no Idea how it drove handled etc. just couldn't stand the looks - So I am pleased with the smaller options.
The full size broncos had room for 5 plus more cargo than a 4dr jk. The ability to haul full sheets of plywood or 1000 plus lbs of stuff. As for driving, more lincoln like than a cj or yj. Heavy but not too heavy. And will follow a cj or yj on comperable tires about 92% as far as the jeeps go offroad. Also the new 4 door will be almost identical in size. New one will have more power but likely less payload, not by too much though. Really i think it will be like the fsb if you put a cage in one and added more crash safety stuff to the inside making the interior smaller.

I have been lining mine up with various rangers and they are quite similar in size. The new bronco 2 door will be the only one close to the small size agility of the early broncos.

PulltheLeverBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 Platinum 2014 Flex Limited w/Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My only hope is that Ford's looking at this guestimator with these high MSRP's seeing the majority of people wincing a bit. All the while, silently happy because the REAL numbers are a bit lower. ?

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My only hope is that Ford's looking at this guestimator with these high MSRP's seeing the majority of people wincing a bit. All the while, silently happy because the REAL numbers are a bit lower. ?
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Trims and Pricing Guesstimates 200

I am hopeful for lower prices (as any sane person would be) but not really expecting that to happen.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are 2,742 members here and probably less than half will actually buy. Ford hopes to sell 200k first year. I don't see us having much influence on pricing.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are 2,742 members here and probably less than half will actually buy. Ford hopes to sell 200k first year. I don't see us having much influence on pricing.
agreed. 220,000 wranglers are sold annually. 200,000 of those are over $37,000 just to put it into perspective.

Villagevip

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
JL you can order, at the time of purchase discounted dual tops...Hardtop, soft top in a cardboard box in back cargo area on delivery...

Bronco, I did not see anything about a soft top.... : (

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the difference between a warthog and a raptor?
No that’s not the beginning of a joke but if y’all want to riff off it reply with a punchline(pineapple pizza related responses get +2 points)

Sponsored

fbbob96

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sport S 2dr. 6spd Soft Top
I've been waiting for the new Bronco to release its price and actual size. Hopefully a little roomier then my Jeep. I've had a 79 Bronco,(15K) back then, and 85 Bronco , and where both great off road. Went pretty much anywhere the CJs did. I'm now on my 7th Wrangler, From the YJ,TJ Rubicon ,JK Rubicon and JL Sport .Now I have the 2018 Sport S, 6 speed 2door soft top. Looking forward to the Bronco 2 dr. Manual, if possible. But, I will not go over 40K ,well equipped. Or,if is too much,I might look at the Ranger FX4?I guess I getting a little tired of Jeeps.

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yikes. Yeah if the base model starts at almost $40k, my interest in this thing will evaporate to a large extent. At that price point, it'll be interesting to see how sales go after the initial rush dies down.

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
JL you can order, at the time of purchase discounted dual tops...Hardtop, soft top in a cardboard box in back cargo area on delivery...

Bronco, I did not see anything about a soft top.... : (
I haven't seen anything about what Bronco will have for tops.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is the difference between a warthog and a raptor?
No that’s not the beginning of a joke but if y’all want to riff off it reply with a punchline(pineapple pizza related responses get +2 points)
Since they haven't released actual names yet, Warthog may be only a name someone made up on this site months ago. Raptor may be something we see 3 or more years from now, but will it be a Ranger, Bronco or both?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yikes. Yeah if the base model starts at almost $40k, my interest in this thing will evaporate to a large extent. At that price point, it'll be interesting to see how sales go after the initial rush dies down.
agreed. 220,000 wranglers are sold annually. 200,000 of those are over $37,000 just to put it into perspective.
This
Sponsored