First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
odds are bronco will have hard top standard (could be wrong)

jeep is SOFT TOP ONLY hard top optional
which as you can see is a $1,800 option With headliner.
oh you want BOTH soft and hardtop? That’s $2,400

that option alone puts the Jeep Wrangler sport over $31,000 add an automatic transmission now your at $34,000

38B58519-03F2-42D2-90EC-ADB0E2B58BDF.png

Wangler Sport S 2 Door with turbo 2.0 and auto trans and Hardtop w/ headliner. That’s the only options.

So once again a better equipped bronco at $37,000 is not crazy.
Yes, both tops! Run the Hardtop for the Monsoon season, and sport the soft top during the dry season..... : )
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are 2,742 members here and probably less than half will actually buy. Ford hopes to sell 200k first year. I don't see us having much influence on pricing.
I believe this volume is for Both... Bronco & Bronco Sport.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem I see here is, the "true" Jeep guys are only probably about 5% of actual purchasers. The other 95% consist of people that want a Jeep because it's cool.. I can take off the top and the doors and have that open experience. Ford is looking to LURE away Jeep people. And if at 1st glance the Bronco just does what a Jeep does but is $2-4k more to start, who's going to jump ship over to Ford? You can play salesman all you want and tell me how this is standard with Ford, but not with Jeep, but in the end I probably didn't even want that feature anyways. So it all boils down to what's it gonna cost me.

And before anyone takes this the wrong way, don't. I've always been a Ford guy and always will be. I personally can't stand Jeeps. But in the same breath, it's going to really piss me off if Ford is going to try and convince me that spending an extra few thousand bucks is worth it and I shouldn't be annoyed.
I’m not a Ford guy or a Jeep guy. In fact, I mostly buy Japanese cars. Toyota, Nissan, Subaru. I’ve had old Toyota pickups and 4runners but have always liked 1st Gen Broncos. Not really a fan of Big Broncos.

Only Jeep and Ford will offer a new, removable top and doors, manual transmission 4x4. The Bronco with the 2.7 EB will put the Wrangler to shame and with a tune it will be a beast. I’ve driven JKs and JLs and “beast” is not how I would describe them. The extra power is worth a few grand more to me.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad to see manual transmission option on all trims and motors.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad to see manual transmission option on all trims and motors.
that’s just my guess. Jeep only offers manual on the 3.6. But on all trims. But you might have to special order.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bronco, I did not see anything about a soft top.... : (
Here is the Bronco retractable cloth roof patent, we will have to see what actually makes the options list but you see the possibilities the aftermarket can fill.
The latest patent also describes a few options once the hard-top roof is off and the cloth portion is functional. Ford's patent describes two layers: one made of cloth and the other a mesh fabric. The mesh would provide some protection from the wind and sun while letting in the air, while the cloth would block out more but still provide the sense of an open cabin. The MT report noted that Ford's system appears similar to the kind used for retractable cargo covers in hatchbacks and crossovers; it can be easily unclipped and removed.
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1122377_2021-ford-bronco-could-get-retractable-cloth-roof

ford-bronco_100696769_h.jpg

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m not a Ford guy or a Jeep guy. In fact, I mostly buy Japanese cars. Toyota, Nissan, Subaru. I’ve had old Toyota pickups and 4runners but have always liked 1st Gen Broncos. Not really a fan of Big Broncos.

Only Jeep and Ford will offer a new, removable top and doors, manual transmission 4x4. The Bronco with the 2.7 EB will put the Wrangler to shame and with a tune it will be a beast. I’ve driven JKs and JLs and “beast” is not how I would describe them. The extra power is worth a few grand more to me.
My wife has a 2017 JKU. So I know how lacking that 6 cylinder is. Has issues towing my 12 foot trailer with 2 quads on it.
Hence the main reason I want the V6 in a Bronco. But let me do it in a BASE model. Screw this.... I gotta go up 2 trim levels and pay a lot extra for crap that I didn't want in the first place.
So give me a Base (with Automatic cuz we all know that's STANDARD anymore), start it around $30k and I'll gladly pay a few thousand more for the V6. Put me around $34-35k, not push me OVER $40k because you want me to buy a Bronco XLT/Platinum/BetterGetBlownForThisPrice/Raptor. Otherwise you are going to push a Ford guy (as in me) towards a used Jeep (can always put a chip in it) or searching for an older 90's Bronco (without rust.... and we all know how difficult that is).

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife has a 2017 JKU. So I know how lacking that 6 cylinder is. Has issues towing my 12 foot trailer with 2 quads on it.
Hence the main reason I want the V6 in a Bronco. But let me do it in a BASE model. Screw this.... I gotta go up 2 trim levels and pay a lot extra for crap that I didn't want in the first place.
So give me a Base (with Automatic cuz we all know that's STANDARD anymore), start it around $30k and I'll gladly pay a few thousand more for the V6. Put me around $34-35k, not push me OVER $40k because you want me to buy a Bronco XLT/Platinum/BetterGetBlownForThisPrice/Raptor. Otherwise you are going to push a Ford guy (as in me) towards a used Jeep (can always put a chip in it) or searching for an older 90's Bronco (without rust.... and we all know how difficult that is).
Thats the auto industry now. I am willing to bet less than 1:10 Broncos will be under $40,000 Probably less than 1:25 4 door. IF AT ALL. I think the 4 door will probably start near $39,995.

But that’s why auto makers are fading away from offering base models. Because be 10000% honest.

You have $35,000 what do you buy?

Brand new 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport bae model?

Or a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara loaded with 000 miles and a certified warranty?

This is why Ford is not making a Base model Bronco.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Trims and Pricing Guesstimates C31E831A-7561-4D6B-953E-BEEAEC456A9D

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Trims and Pricing Guesstimates 6D4A6426-B56B-4332-9967-FCEF88D58DA8

THATS WHY SEDANS ARE DEAD

PulltheLeverBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 Platinum 2014 Flex Limited w/Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are 2,742 members here and probably less than half will actually buy. Ford hopes to sell 200k first year. I don't see us having much influence on pricing.
Yeah i know...only hoping!

Roger Raimo

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Attached is a spreadsheet of the Jeep Wrangler JLU pricing and options vs what I think the Bronco will be.

You can see the Bronco will be more expensive however it will have better standard equipment and better options.

also note the “Trim names” for the Bronco are placeholders I till we get the official names.
What kind of package is the “Warthog “??
That sounds even more badass than the raptor!

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly hoping the est is about 5-6k on the high side. 42 is what I was planning around but the wife also gets x plan and the wifes uncle works at a dealer and said d plan can be used if avail. Reading the KC guy that has a dealerships thread on the plans I am open to shop around too for better pricing...well within reason. I need to replace a 09 that is already dead I fear like the FJ's the used prices will be near new so no real advantage there.

I would be fine with a 2.3 and would be willing to get the dealer tune to get it to the 325/350 range. I would like a manual but not a deal breaker. Was thinking if it fallows the ranger/f150 the xlt would be the trim with fx4. So on the attached it looks like lariat. Would like lockers and something with 33's at least. Plan to take it to CO and do some camping and "trail" driving the old logging/maint roads to some abandoned mines and maybe some local ish places to camp. Not looking for something hardcore did enough of that in my younger days.

Bimo

First Name
Bimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Innova
It is wil Bee Gees base model however xl model

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
@FirstOnRaceDay you are on the right track in some regards, but not quite there in others. Bronco won't follow the same trim structure as the F-150. However, the flexibility to add certain options regardless of trim will be similar to the F-150. Also, Ford also isn't looking to price the Bronco way above the Wrangler since they are competitors.
The trim names are just place holders for now.
And the bronco and wrangler will be similar priced. Just the Bronco will have a lot more stuff standard making it a higher base price. But still comparable

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Was thinking if it fallows the ranger/f150 the xlt would be the trim with fx4.
If it follows the Ranger, FX4 will be available at all trim levels. You can get an XL trim Ranger with the FX4 package. It forces you to take the STX appearance package, but that's the only upgrade the FX4 forces on the Ranger.

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was trying to be subtle, but what the heck. I work for Ford. I've seen preliminary options and pricing lists. Bronco pricing will be comparable to the Wrangler. Also, a "base" model will be available. What else did you think you were looking at here?

shots--photo-credits-baldauf-sb-medien_100748363_h.jpg
Thanks for the info. So the most base trim Bronco without options will be comparable in price to a base (Sport) Wrangler?
Sponsored