Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IM HOPING you can do that. Some systems won’t let you do it that way. Share data and info from the source. But we shall see.
Because I agree. I would not use the fords data plan if I had to.
So did some digging:

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...sync-4-brings-new-levels-of-connectivity.html

Saw this:

FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles) and complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.

So it looks like you can't share your data from your phone, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't use your phone's data for streaming things to Sync-Like Waze etc.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So did some digging:

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...sync-4-brings-new-levels-of-connectivity.html

Saw this:

FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles) and complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.

So it looks like you can't share your data from your phone, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't use your phone's data for streaming things to Sync-Like Waze etc.
Thanks. I hate buying a vehicle and being forced to buy duplicate service. Tried it once for my wife's Subaru. Tried remote locate and unlock, FAILED. Called and got a song and dance about network Yada, Yada, CANCELED!!!

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so..... if I need to run an update on the Bronco, but I don't want to pay for the AT&T data plan ............. should just pull into my nearest Ford Dealer and let the Bronco jump onto the dealer's WiFi........or can I get the update over my phone's data connection?

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

so..... if I need to run an update on the Bronco, but I don't want to pay for the AT&T data plan ............. should just pull into my nearest Ford Dealer and let the Bronco jump onto the dealer's WiFi........or can I get the update over my phone's data connection?
why not use your home WiFi instead, if it reaches your vehicle.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The cool thing is that all FordPass connectivity features (lock/unlock, remote start, location, vehicle diagnostics, etc.) are completely free to use. You don't have to pay to access them.
I am not able to access ATT cell service, due to tower location. Does that mean I will have trouble lock/unlock doors with a fob?....or with remote diagnostics?

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am not able to access ATT cell service, due to tower location. Does that mean I will have trouble lock/unlock doors with a fob?....or with remote diagnostics?
fob you will be just fine.

but like remote locking and starting your vehicle with your phone and updates you may have an issue.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So some updates will be free because they just contain bug fixes
I got one of the first Jeep Renegades off the boat. I hope y'all didn't hire any of THEIR programmers, because I suffered thru interminable flashes the first year...some took Several hours. None with a price tag...all a PITA.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I got one of the first Jeep Renegades off the boat. I hope y'all didn't hire any of THEIR programmers, because I suffered thru interminable flashes the first year...some took Several hours. None with a price tag...all a PITA.
That's what you get for buying a Fiat :LOL:

Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford uses AT&T for the 4G LTE hotspot. Subscriptions are $10-20/mo (based on data limit) if you are an AT&T customer, or $15-25/mo if you aren't an AT&T customer.
Good to know.

The lane keeping system can be turned off simply by hitting a button at the end of the turn indicator stalk. Super easy. Also, if you just stay in your lane, it won't ever bother you. ;)
The lane keeping system in the rental Camry I got stuck with didn't care if you stayed in your lane. It just flipped its shit from time to time for no good reason. Admittedly, the roads in Oklahoma suck, so it may have seen a pothole and freaked out, or it may have seen a line that was painted at a slight angle and freaked out, but either way, it got really annoying, really fast.

Disabling the one in the Camry wasn't as easy as hitting a readily accessible button, either. It was buried in a menu in the touchscreen somewhere.

If the one in the Bronco actually works like it's supposed to and doesn't freak out because it saw a pothole or a line painted at a funky angle, or whatever was freaking that Camry out, then I shouldn't ever notice it, and I'll have no need to disable it.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good to know.

The lane keeping system in the rental Camry I got stuck with didn't care if you stayed in your lane. It just flipped its shit from time to time for no good reason. Admittedly, the roads in Oklahoma suck, so it may have seen a pothole and freaked out, or it may have seen a line that was painted at a slight angle and freaked out, but either way, it got really annoying, really fast.

Disabling the one in the Camry wasn't as easy as hitting a readily accessible button, either. It was buried in a menu in the touchscreen somewhere.

If the one in the Bronco actually works like it's supposed to and doesn't freak out because it saw a pothole or a line painted at a funky angle, or whatever was freaking that Camry out, then I shouldn't ever notice it, and I'll have no need to disable it.
Those lane keeping systems are all different manufacturer to manufacturer. And get better every year. The one in the new F-150 is the newest and best yet. So odds are the bronco will have a version of that.

And hoping that it’s easy to get to and can be updated as needed
Sponsored