Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to my dealer to install the new tires sometime this week. It's right beside a Chrysler dealership. If they have a Trailhawk, I'll park beside it.
What tires are you going with?
Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ummm...a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica. It would fluctuate 5+ mph going down a hill. You'd look down and be going 67 with the cruise set a 60. Even my Titan fluctuates by 1-2 mph, which is normal. The transmission seems to hold the Bronco back well.
Well there's your problem ...

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
21 mpg even with the 4.27 axle.
Nice.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The old Ford seat belt flap... Love that in my Escape. Lol
Happens in my F-150 as well especially with the windows, glass roof and rear window open.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's my assumption that floor vents are for heat; that is usually the case.
Nah, my ranger has the exact same set up. You have to hit the vehicle circulation button. That gets the under seat vents going. My boy (7) tells me to shut them off sometimes cause he's to cold. Lol

Sponsored

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a related note, the cruise is fantastic. It holds even downhilll, and doesn't drift up 5+ mph like other vehicles. Rarely have I seen the tach go over 2000 rpm, a tribute to the torque of the 2.7.
This is good to hear. I drive a lot of different late model vehicles and am really impressed with the cruise control on my 2021 Tremor. I thought it was just a Super Duty towing thing but it sounds like it may just be a good Ford 10 speed thing. I can tow trailers up and over mountain passes and it will hold at the cruise speed even on long 6% downgrades. Makes things nice and safe. On the Bronco this will probably help keep me safe from speeding tickets sometimes.

sapper726

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some (@604Bronco ) were asking about size comparisons. I parked next to a 4Runner SR5 today--it had TRD wheels but not sure if it was or not. Here are some comparison shots--it's exactly the same size as the Bronco on stock 32's:

20210706_115553.jpg
20210706_115538.jpg
20210706_115603.jpg

Also, I've driven nearly 500 miles so far, and I'm averaging 21 MPG in my 2.7. I've travelled Interstate @ 75mph, highways @ 60, and stop-and-go traffic. I use cruise almost exclusively on hwy/interstate, and the top is the position you see above, meaning more drag.

On a related note, the cruise is fantastic. It holds even downhilll, and doesn't drift up 5+ mph like other vehicles. Rarely have I seen the tach go over 2000 rpm, a tribute to the torque of the 2.7.

Extended observations:
1. The lack of rear vents is a real issue. The kids were tired of the wind so I closed the top/windows and turned on the AC. They were hot in 90-degree weather.

2. The rear seatbelts really flap in the wind. Even buckled with no occupants they flop and shake. I may end up using velcro straps the stop the issue.

3. If you remove the doors, make sure you tighten the upper bolt tightly when putting them back on. I was afraid of overtightening and they walked out. You can tell because the doors pop when you open them.
Have to imagine that either these very straps would work or that there could be ones available for the Bronco soon. Could be an option for you. Definitely something I have on my "to do list" if/when my Bronco ever arrives.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/spiderw...RQU3sXXL20xYKbq9c45iVge7plMDtk7RoC3UUQAvD_BwE

Midlife Crisis

Badlands
First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing my 86 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flat bed truckers twist their straps to stop the wind from making them flap. Try that on your rear seatbelts and see if it helps. Add one revolution to the buckle and buckle it in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Also, I've driven nearly 500 miles so far, and I'm averaging 21 MPG in my 2.7. I've travelled Interstate @ 75mph, highways @ 60, and stop-and-go traffic. I use cruise almost exclusively on hwy/interstate, and the top is the position you see above, meaning more drag.
Something that will really help future buyers and owners is if you join Fuelly.com and start logging your fuel consumption on the website. This will accurately calculate your fuel mileage (you simply enter your mileage/price per gallon/gallons pumped) as well as start to develop a data set on real world MPG. The onboard computer routinely reads 1-1.5 MPG high across all manufacturers.

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you hand calculating your MPG of using the onboard computer?
Right now I'm using the abacus and scribbling on my cave wall ;)

I reset the trip 1 and am letting it calculate separately from the overall system. At next fuel refill I'll calculate by hand.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

New 4Runners are bloated pigs. My one complaint is they made these way too big, it's going to limit the trails I can go down without destroying the body.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Right now I'm using the abacus and scribbling on my cave wall ;)

I reset the trip 1 and am letting it calculate separately from the overall system. At next fuel refill I'll calculate by hand.
I have found the Ford MPG system to be overly optimistic. On my Raptor it is typically 2-3 MPG higher on the computer than it is by hand.
Sponsored