First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, that's actually a real swing-and-a-miss on Ford's part. Both the JL and 4Runner have rear seat vents. They're not difficult or expensive to include.
I just read somewhere that the 2 door doesn't even have the floor vents for the rear -would love confirmation on this- how is that a plausible decision for a vehicle in this price range?

Funny enough, the article used the concern about this lack to show how 'entitled' we have become...

Growing up in the desert I drove plenty of cars without air in 100+ degree heat. It's not a badge of honor/toughness...it effing sucked.
Sponsored

OP
OP
88to21bronco

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just wanted to update here regarding a few things:

1. I had the Toyo ATIII's installed yesterday. @Contact asked in this thread about any comments on the new tires. My family says they can feel more of the smaller bumps, but it still dampens the larger ones to the same impressive level. Pretty much expected. No significant change in tire noise, but the rear gate struggles a little more to open with the increased weight.

Here is a picture. It doesn't do justice to the improvement in appearance and stance. Much wider and more aggressive.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco vs 4Runner Pics / Extended MPG in real-world / O.A.S 20210714_105111

2. The picture below shows the best way I've found to keep the seatbelts from flapping. Not perfect but definitely better.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco vs 4Runner Pics / Extended MPG in real-world / O.A.S 20210714_101141

I have over 1000 miles on the Bronco since July 2. Calculated by hand twice, I've gotten 20.9 and 18.25 MPG; both without the new tires. I plan to change the oil this week; I'll probably do it myself and go with Mobile One "full" Synthetic.

At my 15-year-old son's insistence, I used Sport mode on two separate occasions, both after installation of the new tires. In short: the Bronco is fast! Definitely more get-up-and-go from a rolling punch than from a dead stop, but impressive nonetheless.

ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On the note of MPG ratings and real world results, Fuelly.com is starting to gather some input from Bronco Sport owners. I've attached screen shots of projected MPG and Fuelly.com data. Granted, this is not the full size Bronco but it's a good example of how real world experiences may differ from lab produced results.

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 7.57.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 7.58.04 PM.png

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Extended observations:
1. The lack of rear vents is a real issue. The kids were tired of the wind so I closed the top/windows and turned on the AC. They were hot in 90-degree weather.

I still don't know why they didn't put a center stack vents in the Bronco...my 99 Explorer Sport had them. Do they just assume folks will have the windows/tops off in most weather and only use heat during the winter and the heat will rise?

The Bronco Sport has them (see below). This just seems like a weird oversight and there has to be a good reason for it.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco vs 4Runner Pics / Extended MPG in real-world / O.A.S Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 7.58.04 PM
This is a concern for me as well. I have read that the rear floor vents only work when you split the are with the floor vents up front and not with max A/C. If so, I am going to look at something like this. One for each kid. Just let it pull from the max A/C air from the front vents...thoughts?

Screenshot_20210724-215537~2.png
Sponsored