First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
WOW F-0-R-D I hope your 2-door estimates are spot-on. Though I'm not a computer graphics kinda guy, I've been paying close attention to others' estimations. Here's where I thought the group consensus was:

Wheelbase: 100”/102”

Overall Length: 168”/170”

Width: 74”

Height: 72”

KimDracula

Base
First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just a little chart with what information we know as well as speculation. How will the 2021 Ford Bronco stack up to it main competition?

View attachment 5514
so the new 2 door bronco is 6 inches longer and 1 inch wider then a Jeep Wrangler 2door? Thank god. The 2 door wranglers look horrible

Sponsored
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
WOW F-0-R-D I hope your 2-door estimates are spot-on. Though I'm not a computer graphics kinda guy, I've been paying close attention to others' estimations. Here's where I thought the group consensus was:

Wheelbase: 100”/102”

Overall Length: 168”/170”

Width: 74”

Height: 72”
My length might be a little long for both broncos but still close. And my height is from the raptor trim. As is the width (larger flairs)

IndianRich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E450
No V-8 doesn't make me want to go out and buy one. I'd have to wait 5 yrs to pull the motor and put something better in. Seriously, nice starter packages for the bronco, but I want V8 power and a boatload of aftermarket items I can buy to put my Bronco in orbit. I don't want a weezer exhaust. I want to hear a throaty monster. I understand towing being low with a light vehicle, but I want something that's going to be able to get out of it's own way.

Dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No V-8 doesn't make me want to go out and buy one. I'd have to wait 5 yrs to pull the motor and put something better in. Seriously, nice starter packages for the bronco, but I want V8 power and a boatload of aftermarket items I can buy to put my Bronco in orbit. I don't want a weezer exhaust. I want to hear a throaty monster. I understand towing being low with a light vehicle, but I want something that's going to be able to get out of it's own way.

Dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Forgot a competitor the Jeep Grand Cherokee. which is also do for a major makeover in 2021. New Grand Cherokee will be based on the POS Afla Romeo Stelvio platform. Previous GC was based on the old ML paltform. And you get a V8 with the GC and it can go any where a current moder 4 Runner can.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Forgot a competitor the Jeep Grand Cherokee. which is also do for a major makeover in 2021. New Grand Cherokee will be based on the POS Afla Romeo Stelvio platform. Previous GC was based on the old ML paltform. And you get a V8 with the GC and it can go any where a current moder 4 Runner can.
GC is unibody and yess based off of a mid 90s Mercedes. not full frame. And doesn’t have lockers and weighs like 6000lbs(and that “hemi” 5.7 is weaker than the 2.7tt.)

yes the GC is being updated I expect it too WAS going to be unveiled at Detroit .. but I believe it is going to be bigger than the current model possible 3 row

Sponsored

Ruptured Duck

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
GC is unibody and yess based off of a mid 90s Mercedes. not full frame. And doesn’t have lockers and weighs like 6000lbs(and that “hemi” 5.7 is weaker than the 2.7tt.)

yes the GC is being updated I expect it too WAS going to be unveiled at Detroit .. but I believe it is going to be bigger than the current model possible 3 row
Jeep is comming out with the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer that are much larger BOF SUV's. They are to go after the Expedition / Tahoe - Suburban market with more trail rated capability. They will have V8's and possible the new twin turbo I-6 FCA has been developing.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jeep is comming out with the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer that are much larger BOF SUV's. They are to go after the Expedition / Tahoe - Suburban market with more trail rated capability. They will have V8's and possible the new twin turbo I-6 FCA has been developing.
that i6 better be at least as powerful as the 5.7 or it’s a waste.

Dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
[

Trailhawk has a LSD rear. And I take a 5.7 pretend hemi over a 2.7turbo anday for my needs. Its the area under the curve. I do fine with the current V6 and 5 spd auto in my 2012 GC. Full frame these days isnt all that is important adn you have no guarantees the new Bronco will come with lockable diffs front and rear. With a IFS front chances arent real good. Lets remember the new Defender is a unibody. I would like a Bronco Raptor with the 7.3l V8 and a six speed manual and rear locker since I dont rock crawl.

Dave Apker

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
[
Trailhawk has a LSD rear. And I take a 5.7 pretend hemi over a 2.7turbo anday for my needs. Its the area under the curve. I do fine with the current V6 and 5 spd auto in my 2012 GC. Full frame these days isnt all that is important adn you have no guarantees the new Bronco will come with lockable diffs front and rear. With a IFS front chances arent real good. Lets remember the new Defender is a unibody. I would like a Bronco Raptor with the 7.3l V8 and a six speed manual and rear locker since I dont rock crawl.

Dave Apker
Never any guarantee of features but axle type says nothing about whether it'll have a front locker. The G wagon has gone to IFS but still has all 3 locking diffs. The Colorado ZR2 also has a front locker. And we've seen a very front locker-y button in those Bronco interior spy photos

I think that means there are actually just as many IFS as SFA vehicles with front lockers on the market right now! (Counting both Wrangler and Gladiator)
Sponsored