Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
[
Trailhawk has a LSD rear. And I take a 5.7 pretend hemi over a 2.7turbo anday for my needs. Its the area under the curve. I do fine with the current V6 and 5 spd auto in my 2012 GC. Full frame these days isnt all that is important adn you have no guarantees the new Bronco will come with lockable diffs front and rear. With a IFS front chances arent real good. Lets remember the new Defender is a unibody. I would like a Bronco Raptor with the 7.3l V8 and a six speed manual and rear locker since I dont rock crawl.

Dave Apker
But the 2.7 has more torque from 1500rpm - 4500. After that they both fall off.
Sponsored

prendrefeu

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
heavily modified off-road Volvo XC60
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hello - first post!

I'm interested why this chart is missing some of the more crucial numbers (real or guestimated) for those of us who go off road: approach, departure, and break over angles.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello - first post!

I'm interested why this chart is missing some of the more crucial numbers (real or guestimated) for those of us who go off road: approach, departure, and break over angles.
good point. I will add that. Mostly because most sites don’t include that in the general spec sheets

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

[
Trailhawk has a LSD rear. And I take a 5.7 pretend hemi over a 2.7turbo anday for my needs. Its the area under the curve. I do fine with the current V6 and 5 spd auto in my 2012 GC. Full frame these days isnt all that is important adn you have no guarantees the new Bronco will come with lockable diffs front and rear. With a IFS front chances arent real good. Lets remember the new Defender is a unibody. I would like a Bronco Raptor with the 7.3l V8 and a six speed manual and rear locker since I dont rock crawl.

Dave Apker
I want to make sure I understand what's going on here.

You seem to be saying that the IFS the Bronco will most likely get is going to be bad. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. We don't know yet.

But you also seem to be talking up a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. If I'm misunderstanding this part, I apologize, but in case I'm understanding correctly, I have to point out the following:

1. The Grand Cherokee lost it's solid front axle in 2005. It's been IFS since then (2004 MY was last year for SFA).
2. The Grand Cherokee lost its solid rear axle in 2010. It's been IRS since then (2010 MY was last year for SRA).

So it seems to me that shit talking an IFS system that doesn't exist yet is a weird flex, especially when you're talking up a vehicle that hasn't had a live axle under either end for a nearly decade now.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
About the worries of not getting lockers, my 96 Bronco has the front and rear trac-lock. I know they are just lsd but, I could see a limited slip up front on the ifs and a selectable locker on the rear. Broncos have always had traction devices available, it would be foolish to change that.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Vs the Competition based on estimated specs 1386CA41-71E9-4810-8DEF-479459B25138

excuse my horrible cut outs

Dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Forgot one the Grand Cherokee Trailhawk which is jsut as capable as 4 Runner off road and more capable than a Defender 110. Especially since a 110 will spend most of its life on a lift at the stealer awaiting parts. And with new Bronco its all speculation. A big second hit from the Wuhan virus could spell doom for Ford.

Dave Apker

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Forgot one the Grand Cherokee Trailhawk which is jsut as capable as 4 Runner off road and more capable than a Defender 110. Especially since a 110 will spend most of its life on a lift at the stealer awaiting parts. And with new Bronco its all speculation. A big second hit from the Wuhan virus could spell doom for Ford.

Dave Apker
Yes and no.
All the vehicles above are full frame. Off Road packages. Have rear lockers. Some like of suspension system for off-roading, full rock shield underneath.

GC doesn’t really come with a “off-road package”

electronic limited slip. “AT tires” (not offroad) and slightly capable suspension. And no rock shielding.

it would get stuck very easily on a medium level trail.

Sponsored

Dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes and no.
All the vehicles above are full frame. Off Road packages. Have rear lockers. Some like of suspension system for off-roading, full rock shield underneath.

GC doesn’t really come with a “off-road package”

electronic limited slip. “AT tires” (not offroad) and slightly capable suspension. And no rock shielding.

it would get stuck very easily on a medium level trail.
The hell it doesnt you can get skidplates, rock rails and a locakable diff. The Defender is not a a full frame SUV. Skidplates have been an option since 2011 and rock rails were a dealer installed one since then. Check out the Trailhawk version again. Reading is fundamental.

Dave Apker

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The hell it doesnt you can get skidplates, rock rails and a locakable diff. The Defender is not a a full frame SUV. Skidplates have been an option since 2011 and rock rails were a dealer installed one since then. Check out the Trailhawk version again. Reading is fundamental.

Dave Apker
I apologize I always forget about the Trailhawk because I never see them.

1 tires are still crossover mall crawler “A/T”
2 Rear end is electronic ”electronic limited locking dif” not a full on locker like the others.
3 Front end is WIDE OPEN. no LSD.
4 suspension is DECENT air suspension that has DECENT travel. Noting like the others. Probably close to Defender or Land cruiser.
5 skid plates. I did not see the dealer skid plates at first. “dealer installed full skid. by mopar”

the BIGGEST issue still remains. The Horrible Tires (easy fix I know)
but the OPEN front diff. And LSD rear.

VS the others have full rear locker. And AT LEAST a front LSD. IF not locker.
that will make a massive difference on the trails.
You WILL get stuck with out tho

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for putting this together. So basically the 2D Bronco is about the same size as a 2DR Wrangler? Maybe a few inches longer. HxWxL

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for putting this together. So basically the 2D Bronco is about the same size as a 2DR Wrangler? Maybe a few inches longer. HxWxL
Correct.
little longer, slightly wider. Similar hight

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a little chart with what information we know as well as speculation. How will the 2021 Ford Bronco stack up to it main competition?

*Edit added Approach departure and break over angles. passenger volume And towing capacity. and sales

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Vs the Competition based on estimated specs 1386CA41-71E9-4810-8DEF-479459B25138
For the width of the Wrangler vs Bronco are these measurements from the outside of the fenders? If yes, then is it possible the Bronco will actually be a few inches wider inside (or at the doors/body) than the Wrangler because the Wrangler has wider fenders?
Sponsored